Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some thoughts and a mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All-Worilds will be much better than you all think. He showed more towards the end of the year when he started to really play physical. If your expecting JHII, not happening, but if he can finally stay healthy, I personally believe he's ready to make some plays and will make kids like 43 eat crow. He will have his moments and he has weaknesses such as setting the edge,but he did gain strength late last season, and he made some nice plays in the run game. Not worried,other than depth about the defense next year. We will be solid as long as we can consistently move the chains offensively. Curtis Brown will also be solid. We most likely grab a inside LB who can run, perhaps another Tomlin"project". OLB unless someone besides Mingo slips , will be put on the back burner and we will pick up a veteran and draft one late or add undrafted fa. Safety,ILB, & Corner are all going to be hit at some point in the draft, with 2 in the top 5. As long as we aren't going 3 and out too much, our dline will be fine. Should be more emphasis on a heavy rotation. Heywards a ball player, It's his time as he's much more talented than he's shown. Much better than hood as long as he wants it and puts in the time in the weight room, the bust talk will cease. We've got the "solid core" we just need to add the playmakers. May have to wait another year, but ya never know.
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 13407
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some good thoughts there Troofax and honestly, I hope you're right and I hope some of us DO have to eat crow. Frankly, I think even 43 would tell you he'd like to eat crow on Worilds and have Worilds turn out to be a very successful ROLB.

Personally, I haven't seen anything out of him yet to make me believe that can happen. Now, if Woodley can move over to the ROLB spot and let Worilds play LOLB, I feel a lot better about that, Worilds has shown talent from the LOLB spot.

When Curtis Brown came out in the draft, I actually watched a lot of him in the combine. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to buy a Curtis Brown Jersey..more so, the reason to. I still believe and I believed at that time, that Curtis Brown is going to be our future #2 CB (worst case scenario our #3) the kid really is a ballhawk, but he's got to put it all together and mentally get on the same page with the rest of the defense. If he can do that, I think he's going to do something Ike Taylor never could, consistently create turnovers for us.

It's not really hard to predict that the Steelers will draft 2 of a group of positions in the first 5 rounds, especially when two of your options are Safety and ILB, and safety is one of the 3 positions (ILB and CB not being the other two) that I think the could pick up in the first round. As far as CB I think that strictly depends on who is available. It wouldn't shock me to see them address the position but it also wouldnt' shock me to see them not do so. No matter who they draft at CB, if they do, I don't think they're rotate in over top Gay, Brown, Allen, or Taylor, unless by some miracle they get Rhodes, Trufant, or Milliner.

There's a logical reason for thinking they might not address OLB even though most of us think that they need to. We thought the same thing about OL for how many straight seasons and you know what...they "ignored" the position. It worked out fine. Heyward has not done anything to this point to show that he's, well, better than he's shown. He really hasn't, but I hope you're right about him.

As far as a solid core, I'm not sure, defensively, I agree with that. Defensively we don't really know what we have at DT/NT, or ROLB..yet. We have nothing behind our 2 starting(aging) safeties, and we have uncertain depth at CB and ILB. This season will truly determine how solid that core is. Offensively, we actually lost a good bit of that solid core this season, potentially more in Sanders. The reason I say that is because our WR Corps was our most vital asset, which is not longer whole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49848
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
and will make kids like 43 eat crow.


Is this all you have?

You post the same things in pretty much every post you make.

You'd think a 40+ year old guy would be able to come up with something new. Apparently not.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10020
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Trollfax wrote:
stuff


response


43, why do you allow yourself to be baited? No big deal. Your prerogative. Just curious. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7267
Location: 19-19, PA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
This is a deep safety class. They may not go there in the first round.


That's my main reason why I'm against drafting a safety in the first. I do like Vacarro, he's been consistently ranked at the top, but I think they can get good safeties in the other rounds. At the beginning of the year safety was my top choice in the first but the depth this year at that position is the best in years. I wouldn't be upset with that selection, I just feel they should go for another position instead.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8210
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
jebrick wrote:
This is a deep safety class. They may not go there in the first round.


That's my main reason why I'm against drafting a safety in the first. I do like Vacarro, he's been consistently ranked at the top, but I think they can get good safeties in the other rounds. At the beginning of the year safety was my top choice in the first but the depth this year at that position is the best in years. I wouldn't be upset with that selection, I just feel they should go for another position instead.


It depends on what LeBeau is looking for I would think.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2966
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Trollfax wrote:
stuff


response


43, why do you allow yourself to be baited? No big deal. Your prerogative. Just curious. Smile

It's the same reason he frequently says "I'm done with this thread now" (OWTTE) but is back in their responding anyway later on.
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49848
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Trollfax wrote:
stuff


response


43, why do you allow yourself to be baited? No big deal. Your prerogative. Just curious. Smile

It's the same reason he frequently says "I'm done with this thread now" (OWTTE) but is back in their responding anyway later on.


Oh look..."Mighty" Joe Young making a completely useless post thats not on topic....just like 95% of his other posts.

I already know you arent worth the time, so Ill leave it at that.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Troofax wrote:
and will make kids like 43 eat crow.


Is this all you have?

You post the same things in pretty much every post you make.

You'd think a 40+ year old guy would be able to come up with something new. Apparently not.


That's just one of your nicknames corky, no more, no less.

I've got more material than I know what to do with. Original, unlike you.

If all else fails, make shi* up, is that your motto?

You're strugglin', I'm going to need better from you to keep me interested.

Wink
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Troofax


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 252
Location: NW US
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like there's a whole lot going on, other than 43's light bulb finally after 2 months of insulting every mock, without a clue as to why.

Getting pretty bad with some of the "hypotheticals" recently. I'm more entertaining.
_________________
Mini-mock
1.Tyler Eiffert TE Notre Dame
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is every thread have to turn into off-topic trolling. Im against quick bans, but something has to happen so this can stop. If not, I and Im sure many others are gonna leave this site before our IQ drops to 50 from these self-proclaimed "geniuses." They know who they are, so I won't name-drop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grubs10


Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Posts: 1970
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Why is every thread have to turn into off-topic trolling. Im against quick bans, but something has to happen so this can stop. If not, I and Im sure many others are gonna leave this site before our IQ drops to 50 from these self-proclaimed "geniuses." They know who they are, so I won't name-drop.
It's been said before but if you don't like what someone is saying show some self restraint and ignore it. Too much troll feeding going on when its clear that's exactly what they are looking for. I'm not calling anyone out nor am I saying that people are strictly trolling but it is pretty obvious to tell which is genuine football talk and which is bickering. If people ignore the latter a little bit more it would go a long way

I forget who said it but it is a tough choice between which is worse, an offseason after an incredibly successful season or an offseason after a down year.
_________________

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Why is every thread have to turn into off-topic trolling. Im against quick bans, but something has to happen so this can stop. If not, I and Im sure many others are gonna leave this site before our IQ drops to 50 from these self-proclaimed "geniuses." They know who they are, so I won't name-drop.
It's been said before but if you don't like what someone is saying show some self restraint and ignore it. Too much troll feeding going on when its clear that's exactly what they are looking for. I'm not calling anyone out nor am I saying that people are strictly trolling but it is pretty obvious to tell which is genuine football talk and which is bickering. If people ignore the latter a little bit more it would go a long way

I forget who said it but it is a tough choice between which is worse, an offseason after an incredibly successful season or an offseason after a down year.


I do ignore it, but how does that change the fact that every thread now becomes off-topic?? It's not my doing, but it still happens. So I am confused by your suggestion. It's one of those where a few ruin it for everybody. Yes, maybe if EVERYBODY ignored them, itd be stopped, but that'll most likely not happen. Easier to ban someone then tell everyone on the forum to ignore them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grubs10


Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Posts: 1970
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Why is every thread have to turn into off-topic trolling. Im against quick bans, but something has to happen so this can stop. If not, I and Im sure many others are gonna leave this site before our IQ drops to 50 from these self-proclaimed "geniuses." They know who they are, so I won't name-drop.
It's been said before but if you don't like what someone is saying show some self restraint and ignore it. Too much troll feeding going on when its clear that's exactly what they are looking for. I'm not calling anyone out nor am I saying that people are strictly trolling but it is pretty obvious to tell which is genuine football talk and which is bickering. If people ignore the latter a little bit more it would go a long way

I forget who said it but it is a tough choice between which is worse, an offseason after an incredibly successful season or an offseason after a down year.

I do ignore it, but how does that change the fact that every thread now becomes off-topic?? It's not my doing, but it still happens. So I am confused by your suggestion. It's one of those where a few ruin it for everybody. Yes, maybe if EVERYBODY ignored them, itd be stopped, but that'll most likely not happen. Easier to ban someone then tell everyone on the forum to ignore them.


It wasn't a suggestion for you personally sorry for the confusion. Just my thoughts on the best way to bring more focused discussion. Maybe everyone won't ignore it but it also sounds like a lame idea to ban somebody because others argue with them about anything because they don't like them. I'm surprised there haven't been more warnings so far but it is what it is. The best way to stop someone from trolling is to ignore them when they do it. Maybe the trolls will start talking football more because no one likes to be ignored, especially people who say things just to get a rise out of others.

EDIT: As condescending and obnoxious as some of Troofax's posts have been, he still does talk about football occasionally. The problem is half the time people react more to the other stuff rather than the football discussion and threads get off topic
_________________

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster


Site Admin
Joined: 05 Oct 2004
Posts: 8194
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've banned Troofax. In his short time here he has done nothing but cause problems. Trolling and insults aren't tolerated here.

I also want to add that next time a new member comes on to cause problems, don't sink to their level. Don't derail topics with more trolling and other garbage. Contact your moderators to handle the problem and stick to football.

Now please get back to football. If you have comments or questions, send me a PM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group