Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Star gets Clearance Star Lotulelei or Shariff Floyd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Star gets Clearance Star Lotulelei or Shariff Floyd Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258421/report-star-lotulelei-gets-medical-clearance

So with Star Lotulelei getting medically cleared by the doctors and his pro day coming up If he was to have a strong showing at his pro day who do we select? Star Or Shariff? Who do you want RaiderNation?
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star easily vs Floyd. If he didn't have the heart scare he'd easily have been the best DT prospect this year.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starlite
m52876

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star. I never trust those guys that shoot up draft boards after the college season ends.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither DT not a need now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:

Not a need....pretty sure we've gotten worse at dt since last year and.....yeah our DL sucked last year.

Star all day.
101Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:

+1 We need to somehow get some pass rushers. Unfortunately, there's isn't one worth the #3 either.

If I had to choose, it's Star pretty easily.

Besides I actually prefer Richardson over Floyd
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:

They're both on one year deals.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhuff24 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Not a need....pretty sure we've gotten worse at dt since last year and.....yeah our DL sucked last year.

Star all day.

I like the new group much better personally.

Christo Bilukidi has some reps under his belt, Sims is great against the run was a backup but had a good season last year, Walker was a backup but also had a good season last year, Kelly is more then likely gone, Houston has been mentioned in moving inside.

Also have Bair and Jones on the roster more then likely preseason cuts or PS.

So ya don't think the pick will be used on a DT, sounds more like a QB I have read Palmer won't take a pay cut might get cut after the draft.

If the Raiders draft a DT either in the late rounds of the draft or a Free Agent Rookie.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

They're both on one year deals.

I never said I don't think the Raiders will draft a DT just not in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner...jk

I don't know how Floyd got better than star. At seasons end he was the concensus #1 player and all of a sudden, with no games being played Floyd is ahead of him.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 MILE LYLE wrote:
Milliner...jk

I don't know how Floyd got better than star. At seasons end he was the concensus #1 player and all of a sudden, with no games being played Floyd is ahead of him.

Because during the season coaches don't have time to analyze film. Scouts have their evaluations but the coach staff ultimately sets the pecking order.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Johnathan Hankins he has fell to the 2nd round now. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 MILE LYLE wrote:
Milliner...jk

Because he can pass rush.
The reason he's shooting up the draft boards is that he was a junior and no expected him to come out so no one analyzed him.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
What happened to Johnathan Hankins he has fell to the 2nd round now. Shocked
It must be a concern about his stamina/weight management. Idk. I love his effort and motor.

Quote:
1. Jon Hankins, DT, Ohio State, Junior (6027, 320 and 5.25): Much improved in 2012, Hankins surprised no one when he came out early for the Draft as he was initially expected to be a top ten or fifteen selection. However, according to NFL sources we have spoken to, Hankins stock is not nearly that high now. No one doubts that he has physical strength to control blockers at the POA, the quick hands and athleticism to defeat man blocks and the speed to chase plays down in pursuit. However, the issues that are coming up around the league when teams discuss him is that he does not play with passion/intensity on every snap and has a bad habit of popping upright and losing leverage too often. You can never write off a rare physical specimen being over-drafted, but everything we are hearing points to a second or third round selection.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-Rumblings-Risers-Fallers-Around-The-NFL.html
Quote:

Overall Football Traits
Production 2 2010: (13/0) - 16-1.5-1 2011: (13/13) - 67-11-32012: (12/12)  55-4-1
Height-Weight-Speed 3 Good height and bulk combination but a sloppy build. Below average top-end speed. Has average arm length (33') and hand span (9 ').

Durability 3 Has appeared in every game of collegiate career, including starting all 26 games his last two seasons at OSU. Battled a lingering knee injury in 2012. Keeping weight in check will always be a concern. Conditioning needs improving. No bench press at combine (medical exclusion for left pectoral strain).

Intangibles 3 Son of Louise and James Ward. Needs to work harder in weight room and do a better job with his nutrition. Coaches say positive things about his football character. No off-the-field issues to our knowledge.

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

Defensive Tackle Specific Traits

Versus the Run 1 Agile feet for size but frequently plays too high and solid-to-good OL can quickly put him on skates once his pads rise. Also needs to protect his lower body better; gets cut too easily and too often. But when not gassed and when playing with leverage, will win almost all of his one-on-one's in the run game. At his best taking on blocks. Massive frame to anchor and strong enough to hold ground versus double team  at least temporarily  when he stays low. Not just a two-gapper, though. Flashes heavy hands and ability to get off of blocks. Has improved his awareness in finding the ball in the backfield while engaged. Lacks good initial quickness but shows ability to change directions and pursue in backfield (between the tackles) more effectively than frame would indicate.

Pass Rush Skills 4 One-dimensional power rusher that can occasionally collapse the pocket. Has good mobility for size but lacks initial quickness to penetrate and lacks violent hands to quickly fight off blocks. A two-down defensive lineman in the NFL. Gives effort in pursuit. Shows awareness; will get hands up to disrupt passing lane and also sniffs out most screens early.

Quickness (hands/feet) 3 Hands are heavy and strong but not violent or quick-twitched. Feet are quicker than hands. Lateral agility is impressive for size but first-step quickness is below average.

Toughness/Motor 2 Doesn't back down when teams commit two blockers to him. Above average motor, especially for his size and body type. Makes more effort plays than expected. Doesn't come of the field very much but noticeably wears down as games progress.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29244/johnathan-hankins

Last edited by Baggabonez on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: