Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random tweets I have found today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Thought I read somewhere that we had Warmack in for a visit...maybe we'll see yet another first round pick spent on an OL?

Also have Terron Armstead in for a visit.

He'd be a very solid 2nd round target.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Thought I read somewhere that we had Warmack in for a visit...maybe we'll see yet another first round pick spent on an OL?

Also have Terron Armstead in for a visit.

He'd be a very solid 2nd round target.

Maybe a trade down to late 2nd or early 3rd and sure. I'm not too sold on him yet but I was very impressed how he handled Datone Jones and Margus Hunt.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWvgAM7ISmI

Can we get this guy to cut out Jerry's tongue?
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
It would likely be Oakland. I feel like we always seem to play them in the Pre-Season.

It's either been the Chargers or Oakland that we play for the past 5 years. 3 of 4 were Oakland.

I especially enjoyed: "Bernadeau having offseason surgery - guard now bigger issue for Cowboys "

Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes. NOW that is a bigger issue.

And 17 weeks. Sad So Farrr

Think of it this way, how quickly did the regular season go by? It was here 1 minute and gone the next. 17 weeks is 17 weeks, there you go.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
I used to love listening Adam Schein on the Sirius but this just made him drop in my book!

Read this garbage!

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151853/dallas-cowboys-among-nfcs-worst-heading-into-2013-season/

Now read a rebuttal from an Eagles fan.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/03/19/nfl-coms-adam-schein-wrote-such-a-terrible-article-about-the-cowboys-that-even-an-eagles-fan-is-going-to-tear-it-apart/

I don't think Schein is necessarily wrong about Dallas, although it's a bit silly how much he hates Bryant and how he doesn't even mention Witten. His real problem is how he seems to believe that picking up a few cheap veterans = drastically improving your team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BloggingTheBoys: #Cowboys HC Jason Garrett will be on tonights Total Access on NFLN. Show starts 7 eastern

New game today, over/under on how many times Garrett says the word "process" and the phrase "all three phases" during tonight's interview on NFLN?

Over/under 5 for Process

Over/under 3 for All three Phases

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is the interview?

over on both accounts.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
How long is the interview?

over on both accounts.
dont know, it's live on Total Access. Probably one segment. So prob 5-7 min

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know where else to throw this. Just another random tidbit. Makes me worry a little bit about our run defense. I know both spencer and ware were pretty solid against the run in the 3-4 though. Whats everyone else think?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258696/cowboys-have-lightest-4-3-des-in-football

Quote:
The Cowboys project to have the lightest starting defensive end duo in football this season.
Per numbers compiled by Blogging the Beast's Jimmy Kempski, the average starting 4-3 defensive end weighs 273.6 pounds. Converted OLBs DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer are listed at 254 and 250, respectively. This is an obvious concern for Dallas' run defense. At an average of 291.5 pounds, the Seahawks have the heaviest defensive end tandem (Red Bryant, Cliff Avril). The Cowboys' 252-pound average would be the NFL's lightest by nearly six pounds.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Didnt know where else to throw this. Just another random tidbit. Makes me worry a little bit about our run defense. I know both spencer and ware were pretty solid against the run in the 3-4 though. Whats everyone else think?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258696/cowboys-have-lightest-4-3-des-in-football

Quote:
The Cowboys project to have the lightest starting defensive end duo in football this season.
Per numbers compiled by Blogging the Beast's Jimmy Kempski, the average starting 4-3 defensive end weighs 273.6 pounds. Converted OLBs DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer are listed at 254 and 250, respectively. This is an obvious concern for Dallas' run defense. At an average of 291.5 pounds, the Seahawks have the heaviest defensive end tandem (Red Bryant, Cliff Avril). The Cowboys' 252-pound average would be the NFL's lightest by nearly six pounds.

I agree that this is an issue. But, I think it's more of an issue for Anthony Spencer who has always been a solid run defender. But, more importantly, it underscores the need to have a beast at the 1 tech.
TVScout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Quote:

I agree that this is an issue. But, I think it's more of an issue for Anthony Spencer who has always been a solid run defender. But, more importantly, it underscores the need to have a beast at the 1 tech.

IMO we need a beast at the 3tech to force the OT to block down and away from Ware and Spencer. S. Williams anybody?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Quote:

IMO we need a beast at the 3tech to force the OT to block down and away from Ware and Spencer. S. Williams anybody?

For better or worse, I think Rat will be a good 3 tech. I also think Hatcher could be a good 3 tech. And frankly, the only games we will consistently see tackles blocking down will games against teams that run the zone option (Washington).

Regardless, we don't have a player on the roster who I would be comfortable with playing the 1 tech.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
TVScout wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Quote:

For better or worse, I think Rat will be a good 3 tech. I also think Hatcher could be a good 3 tech. And frankly, the only games we will consistently see tackles blocking down will games against teams that run the zone option (Washington).

Regardless, we don't have a player on the roster who I would be comfortable with playing the 1 tech.

Sadly, I think Josh Brent would have been a great 1-tech. He was tailor made for that spot.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
tommyajar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
I used to love listening Adam Schein on the Sirius but this just made him drop in my book!

Read this garbage!

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151853/dallas-cowboys-among-nfcs-worst-heading-into-2013-season/

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/03/19/nfl-coms-adam-schein-wrote-such-a-terrible-article-about-the-cowboys-that-even-an-eagles-fan-is-going-to-tear-it-apart/

I love listening to Adam on SNY, as a NY Met fan, however, I listen to him on Sirius on Sunday mornings during the season, and I knew all this past season he hated the Cowboys with a passion, so I don't listen to anyone with a bias like that! (SEE MARSHAL FAULK ON THE NFL NETWORK.....GOD I HATE HIM)
tommyajar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Read this garbage!

I don't think Schein is necessarily wrong about Dallas, although it's a bit silly how much he hates Bryant and how he doesn't even mention Witten. His real problem is how he seems to believe that picking up a few cheap veterans = drastically improving your team.

Really? You honestly believe they are 1 of the 4 worst teams in the NFC? Really? I also thought the fact that he doesn't mention Spencer played DE in college means transitioning to a 4-3 probably won't take away the team's best strength? In fact, Ware & Spencer played DE in college? One of the things that Parcells liked was that Ware was versatile and played both positions! Not only is Schein an obvious Cowboy hater, he clearly doesn't do his homework prior to talking his nonsense!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: