Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random tweets I have found today
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Random tweets I have found today Reply with quote

@DavidMooreDMN: For those of you who just can't wait, here you go. The Cowboys will report to training camp in Oxnard on July 19. A mere 17 weeks away.

@DavidMooreDMN: Cowboys Mackenzy Bernadeau has undergone surgery on right shoulder. Club is unsure, yet optimistic, that he will be cleared for OTAs in May.

@TomRyleBTB: Two years in a row for Bernadeau having offseason surgery - guard now bigger issue for Cowboys

@calvinwatkins: Stephen Jones said the Cowboys have a preference of playing 2 preseason games on west coast after HOF game.

@calexmendez: Stephen Jones: Cowboys not pressed to sign free agents, comfortable finding bargains after draft http://t.co/Ao288OnB2R

A couple if things here from those.

1. I like the idea of the 2 west coast games so long as they are the 49ers and Seattle. 2 very good teams to go against and give us some good competition.

2. WOW July 19th?? That is real early!! I like!

3. Why is Bernadeuce still on this team?? He is a liability on the field and injury prone and way over paid!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would likely be Oakland. I feel like we always seem to play them in the Pre-Season.

It's either been the Chargers or Oakland that we play for the past 5 years. 3 of 4 were Oakland.

I especially enjoyed: "Bernadeau having offseason surgery - guard now bigger issue for Cowboys "

Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes. NOW that is a bigger issue.

And 17 weeks. Sad So Farrr

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Random tweets I have found today Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@calexmendez: Stephen Jones: Cowboys not pressed to sign free agents, comfortable finding bargains after draft http://t.co/Ao288OnB2R

Please read: We're broke this year due to cap mismanagement, so we're going on the cheap from start to finish.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Random tweets I have found today Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Please read: We're broke this year due to cap mismanagement, so we're going on the cheap from start to finish.

Oh lord plan. Or we could be building from the draft like we have been doing for the past 2 years successfully?

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Random tweets I have found today Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Oh lord plan. Or we could be building from the draft like we have been doing for the past 2 years successfully?

I don't disagree with Plan in that I expect we would be spending money if we had any cap room. But I do think we are saved from ourselves to a certain extent. Bad contracts have been a problem for us. We need to build young and from within.

I'm happy we aren't spending.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure this will rile up the masses, Jerry Speaks!

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 10m

Quote:
Jones said Murray's durability does worry him, but he's confident Dunbar can be a good third back. Said not to dismiss Felix as an option.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 12m

Quote:
Jerry Jones on Romo's impending contract: "He is not going to be paid to be a bus driver."

Quote:
Jerry Jones also said that the Cowboys offense will go from Romo friendly to Romo better. The coaches will use Romo's skills better

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Jones also said that the Cowboys offense will go from Romo friendly to Romo better. The coaches will use Romo's skills better

That statement is what scares me! That leads me to think that they are content on the status quo on the Oline. Use his pocket awareness to avoid the pressure and make plays on the move. I DO NOT like this line of thinking.

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Romo friendly era was full of Romo running for his life, repeatedly taking the hardest hits imaginable, and ignoring the running game... What will be different about the "Romo Better" era?
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me that's just a throw away comment. Jerry trying to find a unique way to say "we'll be better".

^daboyle250
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love listening Adam Schein on the Sirius but this just made him drop in my book!

Read this garbage!

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151853/dallas-cowboys-among-nfcs-worst-heading-into-2013-season/

Now read a rebuttal from an Eagles fan.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/03/19/nfl-coms-adam-schein-wrote-such-a-terrible-article-about-the-cowboys-that-even-an-eagles-fan-is-going-to-tear-it-apart/

textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@espn_macmahon: I wasn't there, but sure sounds like Jerry is blaming Jason Garrett for Tony Romo's shortcomings. #hotseat

@DavidMooreDMN: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said decision on Doug Free's future could be made before draft. Ability to back-up at LT could work in his favor

@DavidMooreDMN: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said decision on Doug Free's future could be made before draft. Ability to back-up at LT could work in his favor

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@espn_macmahon: I wasn't there, but sure sounds like Jerry is blaming Jason Garrett for Tony Romo's shortcomings. #hotseat

"The coaches will use Romo's skills better." That certainly sounds like he is blaming Garrett to a large extent. Do I think Garrett did a poor coaching job in 2012? Absolutely, yes. I think that he probably would have gotten fired but for a fatal car accident. And, Garrett's decision to bring in Burninduece, Livings and not upgrade the OL at all through the draft were horrible. All that being said... I'm not sure what else could be done to use Romo more effectively when the running game is non existent and there is a breakdown on the OL nearly every play.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

Back up is an important word there... hopefully it's synonomous with "pay cut" because if he doesn't take a pay cut, he NEEDS to be a June 1 designee-- any other financial move with Free, including keeping him, makes no sense at all.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I read somewhere that we had Warmack in for a visit...maybe we'll see yet another first round pick spent on an OL?

^^^mack
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Thought I read somewhere that we had Warmack in for a visit...maybe we'll see yet another first round pick spent on an OL?

Also have Terron Armstead in for a visit.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: