Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LL's Post Comp. Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lambeau__Leap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: LL's Post Comp. Mock Reply with quote

Round 2, Pick 38 From Arizona (who is trading up to take a QB): Kevin Minter, ILB
Why? I have been a big Hawk supporter, and I love Bishop. But I think that the MLB position is something that can definitely be addressed, especially if we lose Brad Jones in FA. I love Minter, and can be the enforcer in the middle of the D that we desperately need.

Round 2, Pick 55: Justin Hunter, WR
Why? Like ILB, WR certainly isn't this teams biggest need. But I love Hunter. At 6'4, which legit #1 WR potential - imagine what he could do with Rodgers?

Round 3, Pick 88: Stepfan Taylor, RB
Why? I know he had a bad combine, and I'm not even sure if he is projected to go this high anymore. But I love Taylor, I think he will be a beast in the NFL.

Round 4, Pick 100 From Arizona (other pick we get in that trade): D.J. Swearinger, S
Why? Another hard hitter...as I have been saying all offseason. We need need need physical players on D.

Round 4, Pick 119: Khaled Homes, C
Why? I don't know much about Holmes, at all. But I am concerned about the future of the C position - and I know that it's a borderline lock that a mid round OL will be drafted.

Round 5, Pick 152: Tharold Simon, CB
Why? A 6'3 CB is very intriguing to me.
[IMG]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/703/271/134717790_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75[/IMG]
Round 5, Pick 160: Marcus Lattimore, RB
Why? Two RB's, I know. But think about how expendable Starks and Green really are. Lattimore could come back in a McGahee type of way, I would loveee him if he somehow fell to the 5th.

Round 6 (can't find overall pick #): TJ Barnes, DL
Why? Well, I failed to address DL at all up to this point, which I doubt will actually happen. He is huge, and if he falls to round 6 I think he'd be great value.

Round 7 (can't find overall pick #): Zack Sudfeld, TE
Why? I almost went kicker with this pick, but decided to go with a project TE. He has potential, and could be a replacement for Finley if we get rid of him in a couple of years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a87ymGOh-OI
RCobb18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like Minter and after Hawk restructured his deal I don't think he is going to be going anywhere for at least a little while. I love Hunter in the second but I am not sure if he will be there. I don't like the Stephan Taylor pick at all, I don't think he is going to make it in the nfl, he has no second gear speed and he reminds me a lot of Mike Hart, great college running back and never made it in the pros.

I like Swearinger but I think he may go a little earlier than that, I like Holmes in that spot thats about where I think he will go 4th to 5th round. Love the Lattimore pick, if your drafting him its for the 2014 season not this coming season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty meh on this one. I really REALLY don't wanna go ILB in round 1. I just feel like it will be a waste of a pick. I truly see the Hawk/Bishop combo going on for a solid 2-3 more years. Hunter in the 2nd would be nice. Do NOT want Taylor, I wouldn't touch him until the 5th. Swearinger in the 4th would be good value. Holmes looks like my fat uncle just before he died of heart failure. Don't know much about Simon, Lattimore in the 5th would be okay with me. Don't know much about Barnes or Sudfeld. Overall: C+

That being said, square sigs are hella classy. Or maybe it's just Rodg.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kevin Minter...a lot actually. However, I do not think he is better than Bishop and it is not a given he can play Hawk's position.

Kinda iffy on that pick.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Lambeau__Leap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really debated two things in this: and that was going Jesse Williams in the 1st instead of Minter, and a different RB instead of Taylor. I literally think I am the only person that likes Stepfan Taylor at this point, I would be very happy with any of Lacy, Bernard, Randle, Ball, Bell to be honest.
I like the second half of this mock better than the first.

And acjdoge: it could just be Rodgers, not sure. :p

Lambeau__Leap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I like Kevin Minter...a lot actually. However, I do not think he is better than Bishop and it is not a given he can play Hawk's position.

Kinda iffy on that pick.

Yeah, with Minter I think he is the BPA at that point, definitely not going for a position of need. Which is something that TT would do.

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swearinger in the.... 4th?!

PSN: ShiiNyIV
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture of Lattimore is just horrible.

Embarassed
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Swearinger in the.... 4th?!
I was waiting for somebody to have a conniption on account of that Laughing

Not sure I need to know anything about Holmes, those pepperoni nips tell the whole story...
Madtown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time disliking it because I like a lot of the guys there. Minter will be a good player, but I don't see him making a difference this year on this team.

Hunter is a fun prospect and if we took him I'd be excited.

Taylor, I'd be disappointed if we took him before the 5th. I'd take him to replace Kuhn, and not be our RB.

I like Swearinger, but don't think he'll add much to this team.

I actually love Holmes at that point.

Would love Latt at that point, but I have a feeling someone is going to take him early ala McGahee.

The rest is out of my league. Probably like the of the draft.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft. I think ILB is a big need with the injury concerns of Bishop and Smith, but I'm not sure what the separation is between Minter and a guy like Bostic, who might be had in the 3rd Round.

I really like the Hunter pick. Guy would be a steal in the late 2nd round, imo.

Not a big fan of Taylor as I think he will be an average pro. On this draft, I rather just stick with the Lattimore pick and roll the dice that the injuries are behind him and take a safety or DL in the third.

I don't see the Packers drafting Holmes. He is the type of guy who can only play center in the NFL, imo. I think EDS is the future and will be better than Wells ever was, but they'll pick up a guy who can back up or compete at all interior line positions.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
I'm pretty meh on this one. I really REALLY don't wanna go ILB in round 1. I just feel like it will be a waste of a pick. I truly see the Hawk/Bishop combo going on for a solid 2-3 more years. Hunter in the 2nd would be nice. Do NOT want Taylor, I wouldn't touch him until the 5th. Swearinger in the 4th would be good value. Holmes looks like my fat uncle just before he died of heart failure. Don't know much about Simon, Lattimore in the 5th would be okay with me. Don't know much about Barnes or Sudfeld. Overall: C+

Minter is an iffy pick for me as well. I'm meh on this one as well. If we can get Justin Hunter at 55 I think we might as well be set at WR for a few years provided we are able to keep that particular corps together contractually of course. I'm on the fence with Taylor. I think he could be a solid back if he went to the right team, but does that mean we are the right fit for him. Just think we need to go TE early in this draft rather than a project player in the 7th. Tharold Simon really wasn't that great in coverage from what I've seen of him and I don't care if he's 6-3. He doesn't have the tenacity to be a bruiser and his hip fluidity is rather sketch. Don't think that's a good pick.

I really like the Lattimore pick though simply because he's a guy that can be a future investment. If he's able to come back from that injury and average 4-5 yards a carry with 30% of the touches that our RB's get, that's all we need from him. We need a solid, grind-it-out back and as much as I like Harris, I don't think that's a good role for him. The other picks are pretty good and I like the Barnes pick a lot...not just because he's at that slot in my mock lol.

I'm not big on Khalid Holmes at all; he's not strong enough to play Center IMO and I honestly think Schwenke will be on the board at that point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: