Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN has us rated as the 31st best team....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:
richie jets wrote:
If the clown don't fit he bring in a hefty sum of picks to trade down from 2. Stockpile picks making cap room well be ok in hurry

Clowney might be the greatest defensive prospect in a decade, but we can't pass on a franchise QB. Even if we miss out on Bridgewater, we still probably look to take another QB in the first round.

Can we please stop with the Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel talk. Talk when either of them puts up back to back elite seasons. Too many erections on here for Bridgewater and waayyy too soon. If he does it again in 2013 then talk all you want, but until then its foolish to anoint him the top selection in 2014.

I definately think Manziel has a very similar season to his 2012 season.... but who knows how nfl teams will really see him anyway? will they see him as the next RG3 or the next Tim Tebow(although tebow was drafted in the 1st)?
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/m/article/0ap1000000151885/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-claim-no-1-amid-free-agency-frenzy

Well someone from the NFL website has us at 26!!

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
s0wra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that they aren't a good team but I wonder what really makes them worse than last years team that went 6-10. Sure they lost a lot of starters but a lot of them were low end guys that shouldn't have been starting to begin with.

Losses:

Greene - Meh
Keller - Barely played last year anyway. Even when he did he was invisible.
J Smith - Easily replaceable
DeVito - Hurts a bit but hopefully Coples can get more playing time and fill the void.
Pouha - See Keller
Scott - Addition by subtraction
Pace - Meh
Thomas - Old and easily replaceable
Bell - replaceable
Landry - Fairly significant loss
E Smith - See Scott

Unknown:

Moore - Would hurt to lose both him and Slauson. Either could probably be replaced by a mide round pick
Slauson - May still be resigned
Tebow - Probably gone. Addition by subtraction

Additions:

David Garrard - Nothing special. Could be good to have if Sanchez is as bad as he was last year.
Mike Goodson - Hard to say he'd be much of a downgrade from Greene
Colon - If healthy could take the place of Slauson or Moore
Garay - Depth
Barnes - I'd probably take him over Thomas or Pace at this point

Holmes - He missed most of the season last year so I'm considering him an addition. I know a lot of people hate the guy but he is a significant upgrade over Clyde Gates/Chaz Schilens/whatever other bum we had out there last season.
Revis - Same as Holmes, missed most of last year. As of now he is still on the team so he should be counted toward their "Power Ranking". Even if traded, he should net a pick (or picks) this year that would help the team.

The only real losses compared to last years team that I see there are Landry and DeVito. Surely they could get two players of similar quality to them in the draft.

I'm not saying this team is going to be good. I'm just not seeing how it is going to be any worse that last years team.

Sig by Jamison.
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way we are worse than the year we drafted D'brick 4th.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:

Brooks Bollinger!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:

And I don't see how we are going to be this much worse team than last season. We had so many things that went wrong yet still finished 6-10. I think our offense will be better with Marty Mornhinweg calling the plays, hes a way better coordinator than Sparano. Even if Sanchez starts, I don't see him playing as bad as last season. Like I said before, a good amount of the players that left were scrubs anyways. We'll get better by replacing those players. Like our old LBs,replacing 3 isn't a bad thing because those 3 were garbage last season anyways, they could barely run anymore. Improving the speed on defense will mmake us a better unit. And we are close to having a actual pass rush for once. If Coples and Wilkerson keep getting better and we get another edge rusher, Antwan Barnes was a nice start and is better than what we had off the edge last season.

Losing both safeties hurt, but Bell was really old anyways and this is a deep safety draft. I would sign someone like Bernard Pollard or Dawan Landry and then draft a guy to start. I would also try to bring back Jim Leonhard, since he would be really cheap.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is always the time of the year where fans start convincing themselves the team is better because of yada yada moves. Who knows? We're a 6-10 football team until next season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
This is always the time of the year where fans start convincing themselves the team is better because of yada yada moves. Who knows? We're a 6-10 football team until next season.

I'm not predicting anything with records, I don't see us as a good team. I'm just saying on twitter there are a lot of people who think the Jets will have the 1st overall pick next year and people are making it a bigger deal than it really is with some of our FA losses. The offseason isn't even close to being over and nothing is what it seems in the NFL.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
kilahchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a joke rating. If we did not loose our best player on defense and offense would of been better than 6-10.

So I guess they think teams like the Jags, and Browns are better than us.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
It is a joke rating. If we did not loose our best player on defense and offense would of been better than 6-10.

So I guess they think teams like the Jags, and Browns are better than us.

No. They think we're better than the Jags.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys we don't have to be as bad as last year to have a worse record. We had one of the easiest schedules and ONLY won 6 games. We have a much harder schedule this year.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are so myopic all the time. And the Jets had pretty much a dead even middle of the road SoS last season. We faced 5 playoff teams 6 times. That's over a 1/3 of the schedule. The only starter of note that was lost was Landry. The two best receivers on the team were lost for either then entire season with Holmes or half with Keller. Stephen missed a good amount of games too. Obviously there was Revis.

That's not to say the Jets aren't a mediocre team at full strength, but a 6-10 record with absolutely zero offensive weapons and a horrible QB is still astounding. Just an average QB with a healthy WR core and this is easily a competitive team week in and week out.
s0wra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
guys we don't have to be as bad as last year to have a worse record. We had one of the easiest schedules and ONLY won 6 games. We have a much harder schedule this year.

That's actually not true. Everyone assumed we had an easy schedule going in to last year because we were matched up with the NFC West and AFC South. But Seattle, Indy and St. Louis were much better than they were the previous year.

Their opponents record was 131 - 125. Based on last years records, their opponents this year were 127 - 129. Going strictly based off of last years records, their schedule is actually slightly easier this year.

Sig by Jamison.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... We arent the 31st ranked team in the NFL right now....

Shows how much a joke that rating truly is.

1. Jaguars
2. Raiders
3. Browns
4. Bills

At the very least those should be a forgone conclusion to be worse teams then us...

We have lost a lot of players but if we play with Revis we probably remain a top 10 defense... and our offense cannot possibly be any worse then it was last year so I really doubt we end up with the 2nd worst record in the NFL... Especially considering at No 9 we probably pick up a difference maker.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
You guys are so myopic all the time. And the Jets had pretty much a dead even middle of the road SoS last season. We faced 5 playoff teams 6 times. That's over a 1/3 of the schedule. The only starter of note that was lost was Landry. The two best receivers on the team were lost for either then entire season with Holmes or half with Keller. Stephen missed a good amount of games too. Obviously there was Revis.

That's not to say the Jets aren't a mediocre team at full strength, but a 6-10 record with absolutely zero offensive weapons and a horrible QB is still astounding. Just an average QB with a healthy WR core and this is easily a competitive team week in and week out.

Just look at the schedule. We had 1 win vs a playoff team and the rest of our wins were vs sub 500 teams (next best win vs St. Louis). And the rest of our losses were blow outs. We were a bad team last year and we are turning into a really bad team this year. While our losses aren't our key players (outside of a possibility of Revis) they are still holes we have to fill. We don't have a starting caliber OLB, G, safety, and TE. Not to mention just general weakness at NT, RB, QB, ILB

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: