Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN has us rated as the 31st best team....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
richie jets wrote:
If the clown don't fit he bring in a hefty sum of picks to trade down from 2. Stockpile picks making cap room well be ok in hurry

Clowney might be the greatest defensive prospect in a decade, but we can't pass on a franchise QB. Even if we miss out on Bridgewater, we still probably look to take another QB in the first round.


Absolutely can't pass on a franchise QB if they need one. And there will be a team willing to give up a fortune to trade up for Clowney if he's sitting there when the Jets pick. Just keep him out of the division.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NY_Jets87


Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 3911
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney at #2 and then Murray at #9? I dont think Tampa will be that good.
_________________


Mack on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
Clowney at #2 and then Murray at #9? I dont think Tampa will be that good.


I love the Bulldogs but I don't think Murray will be that good.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
Clowney at #2 and then Murray at #9? I dont think Tampa will be that good.

The Bucs will probably be in the teens.

I don't want Murray. There are several QBs I would take over him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 3835
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
What don't you get...
We have a horrible QB, our best WR is coming off a horrific injury, our starting RB is gone, our 2 safety's are gone, our DL lost 2 "starters" we lost both OLB's, and oh yeah the best CB in the league probably wont be playing with us this year. Oh, did I mention that Sanchez is still our QB. Twisted Evil


What you don't get is that most of those guys that left were actually garbage players anyways that could be replaced by UDFA off the street...
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimbo1904


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2389
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:
What don't you get...
We have a horrible QB, our best WR is coming off a horrific injury, our starting RB is gone, our 2 safety's are gone, our DL lost 2 "starters" we lost both OLB's, and oh yeah the best CB in the league probably wont be playing with us this year. Oh, did I mention that Sanchez is still our QB. Twisted Evil


What you don't get is that most of those guys that left were actually garbage players anyways that could be replaced by UDFA off the street...

To your point, if they were that bad and they were STILL starters...what does that really say about how bad we really are...hence the 31st team and i disagree with you on all being garbage; keller, devito, landry... All garbage? Really???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 3835
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:

What you don't get is that most of those guys that left were actually garbage players anyways that could be replaced by UDFA off the street...

To your point, if they were that bad and they were STILL starters...what does that really say about how bad we really are...hence the 31st team and i disagree with you on all being garbage; keller, devito, landry... All garbage? Really???



Where did I say they were ALL garbage?

All that it means is that it will be easy to replace those guys as they sucked anyways.
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney in the 1st

And a QB in the 2nd like the 49ers did with Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3193
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Clowney in the 1st

And a QB in the 2nd like the 49ers did with Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick


Better yet, let's take a QB in the 6th like the Pats did with Brady...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but the point being that if you need a QB you take one when you have the opportunity. The 49'ers already had a legit starter on the roster so if they never got the chance to draft Kaepernick they still had the most important position filled with a good player.

If the Jets have an opportunity to draft a QB with top tier potential in the 1st, it would be a horrible move to pass on him hoping you will still have that same opportunity in the 2nd.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 8073
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's foolish to anoint us with the 1st overall pick this early, or even a top 5. The NFL is a season-by-season game... heck if you were to say the 49ers and Seahawks would be (arguably) the two best teams in the NFL 2 years ago you'd be laughed at by every NFL fan in existence.

I don't think we will be good next year, but I don't think we'll be atrocious either. I don't want to seem like too much of an optimist, but anything can happen in this league.

Check out the 2011 49ers. Sure they changed coaches, but that team was able to go from a 6-10 football team to a 13-3 team without any major changes on offense and a ton of roster turnover on defense. I remember thinking that Jim Harbaugh would be reuniting with Andrew Luck the following draft. 2 years later they make it to the Superbowl.

Don't confuse this as me saying the Jets are going to be a 13-3 football team; we know that won't happen. However, reaching a winning record is not impossible. If Demario Davis takes a similar 2nd year leap that NaVorro Bowman took when Takeo Spikes left, if Antwan Barnes has a career break-out like Ahmad Brooks had, if the Jets draft a pass rusher that even mildly resembles Aldon Smith, If Coples and Wilkerson continue their development to stardom, if Kenrick Ellis develops into a solid player, and if Cromartie and Revis miraculously play in the same secondary next season, this defense will not be worse then it was (without Revis) last season. Stats are a bit skewed, but we were 8th overall. Obviously those are a ton of "ifs", but none are impossible. If the Jets net a top 10 defense and a top 20 offense somehow, your looking at 8-8. Probable? No. Impossible? Hell no.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
It's foolish to anoint us with the 1st overall pick this early, or even a top 5. The NFL is a season-by-season game... heck if you were to say the 49ers and Seahawks would be (arguably) the two best teams in the NFL 2 years ago you'd be laughed at by every NFL fan in existence.

I don't think we will be good next year, but I don't think we'll be atrocious either. I don't want to seem like too much of an optimist, but anything can happen in this league.

Check out the 2011 49ers. Sure they changed coaches, but that team was able to go from a 6-10 football team to a 13-3 team without any major changes on offense and a ton of roster turnover on defense. I remember thinking that Jim Harbaugh would be reuniting with Andrew Luck the following draft. 2 years later they make it to the Superbowl.

Don't confuse this as me saying the Jets are going to be a 13-3 football team; we know that won't happen. However, reaching a winning record is not impossible. If Demario Davis takes a similar 2nd year leap that NaVorro Bowman took when Takeo Spikes left, if Antwan Barnes has a career break-out like Ahmad Brooks had, if the Jets draft a pass rusher that even mildly resembles Aldon Smith, If Coples and Wilkerson continue their development to stardom, if Kenrick Ellis develops into a solid player, and if Cromartie and Revis miraculously play in the same secondary next season, this defense will not be worse then it was (without Revis) last season. Stats are a bit skewed, but we were 8th overall. Obviously those are a ton of "ifs", but none are impossible. If the Jets net a top 10 defense and a top 20 offense somehow, your looking at 8-8. Probable? No. Impossible? Hell no.

I think it is very possible that we have a top 5 defense, maybe even higher than that. The only thing is we might have the worst offense in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Clowney in the 1st

And a QB in the 2nd like the 49ers did with Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick


Better yet, let's take a QB in the 6th like the Pats did with Brady...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but the point being that if you need a QB you take one when you have the opportunity. The 49'ers already had a legit starter on the roster so if they never got the chance to draft Kaepernick they still had the most important position filled with a good player.

If the Jets have an opportunity to draft a QB with top tier potential in the 1st, it would be a horrible move to pass on him hoping you will still have that same opportunity in the 2nd.


Confused

the point was if we missed out on Bridgewater then take Clowney andget a QB later on

I know we need a QB and a good one
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 8073
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

I think it is very possible that we have a top 5 defense, maybe even higher than that. The only thing is we might have the worst offense in the NFL.


You can honestly see it getting worse? I can't. I still need to see what the final product looks like, but I think scheme/coaching change alone will improve the unit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
green24 wrote:

I think it is very possible that we have a top 5 defense, maybe even higher than that. The only thing is we might have the worst offense in the NFL.


You can honestly see it getting worse? I can't. I still need to see what the final product looks like, but I think scheme/coaching change alone will improve the unit.

In terms of yardage, we were 30th last season. I would be shocked if San Diego, who finished 31st last season, doesn't pass us this season. We might improve a bit, but I'm not sure exactly how much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 9039
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
richie jets wrote:
If the clown don't fit he bring in a hefty sum of picks to trade down from 2. Stockpile picks making cap room well be ok in hurry

Clowney might be the greatest defensive prospect in a decade, but we can't pass on a franchise QB. Even if we miss out on Bridgewater, we still probably look to take another QB in the first round.


Can we please stop with the Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel talk. Talk when either of them puts up back to back elite seasons. Too many erections on here for Bridgewater and waayyy too soon. If he does it again in 2013 then talk all you want, but until then its foolish to anoint him the top selection in 2014.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group