Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Sign Kicker Phil Dawson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Scott Kegley ‏@ScottKegley 36s
K @phil_dawson_4 didn’t rule out dancing w/ coverage team before kickoffs: “I’ll do whatever the guys want me to do, but that might be ugly”

Newest member of the Tony Montana squad? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Scott Kegley ‏@ScottKegley 36s
K @phil_dawson_4 didn’t rule out dancing w/ coverage team before kickoffs: “I’ll do whatever the guys want me to do, but that might be ugly”

Newest member of the Tony Montana squad? Laughing

I miss Blake Crying or Very sad

new sig... sorry alex
o_0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
so hopefully he "injures his hamstring" and is placed on ir or pup or something

hes super accurate and has a boot so im happy.

You want him to get injured so we can use a draft pick on a kicker (which could be used to fill many other needs) who may never even pan out to be nearly as good as Dawson? Makes sense... especially since you yourself stated that he's accurate and has a boot. What other qualities do you look for in a kicker?

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

You want him to get injured so we can use a draft pick on a kicker (which could be used to fill many other needs) who may never even pan out to be nearly as good as Dawson? Makes sense... especially since you yourself stated that he's accurate and has a boot. What other qualities do you look for in a kicker?

I actually think we'll use one of our 7th round comp picks on a guy like Zach Brown out of Portland st. He went to a small school and was injured this year, but before that he broke every kicking record Portland st had and his coach had so much confidence in his leg he let him attempt one from 65+ yards (which was straight enough, but a few yards short).

We could stash him on the practice squad for a year and then let him take over once Dawson is done.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How reliable will old Philly Dawsy be?

Look at the legendary year old Davy Akers had last season and then the [inappropriate/removed] [inappropriate/removed] [inappropriate/removed] season he had this year..

Now look good [inappropriate/removed] season Dawsy Daws had this year.. what's in store next year?

Davy Akers 2.0?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, Dawson looks crazy enough to be in my sig. I'm sad to see Mustache Akers go, though.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

well maybe you should use the whole quote and not part of it Wink
using half of it. took the wrong meaning
Quote:
i still want to draft a kicker as well. but theres no way we can carry 2 kickers. so hopefully he "injures his hamstring" and is placed on ir or pup or something

but all these st signing are really hurting my compensatory dreams man

i was referring to the drafted kicker. why would i say magical injury referring to dawson Laughing

magical. in the sense that its not real. coaches and teams do it all the time. if we draft a kicker in 5 or 6, we cant stash him on the ps. somebody will take him.... unless he has a magical inury Cool

new sig... sorry alex
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Look at the legendary year old Davy Akers had last season and then the [inappropriate/removed] [inappropriate/removed] [inappropriate/removed] season he had this year..

Now look good [inappropriate/removed] season Dawsy Daws had this year.. what's in store next year?

Davy Akers 2.0?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
are you a sailor?

but i get what your saying. but akers was never as good as dawson. dawson has been great his whole career and kicked in much worse.

oh and balke already thought of that too... good memory
so he only signed him for a year

this leaves the door open to resigning him. or if we do draft a guy and do the magical injury and he proves to be good. we have a kicker for the future on a much cheaper salary. if it doesnt, resign him again then try to draft another

i think hopkins is going to be a stud though

new sig... sorry alex
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dawson, who ranks 12th in NFL history in field-goal percentage (84.0), acknowledged one downside to playing for his new team: He can longer wear No. 4, a digit worn by All-Pro punter Andy Lee.

After wearing the number since his college days at Texas, Dawson recently braced his three children for the possibility of sporting a different single digit.

Any suggestions, Dawson asked his kids.

“One of my boys goes ‘Be No. 8,’” Dawson said, laughing at memory of his child suggesting Steve Young’s retired number. “I kind of sat there and I said, ‘Son, in San Francisco you don’t wear No. 8.’ So that’s probably going to be a family decision what I end up wearing.”

I can't help but smile at that. I do hope we draft a kicker and give him an opportunity to compete. Dawson is 38, and while kickers can last a long time, he's got to teeter off at some point in the near future. With our plethora of picks I think we can afford to throw a 5th at Dustin Hopkins in hopes of discovering this years Blair Walsh.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Davy Akers 2.0?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
are you a sailor?

but i get what your saying. but akers was never as good as dawson. dawson has been great his whole career and kicked in much worse.

oh and balke already thought of that too... good memory
so he only signed him for a year

this leaves the door open to resigning him. or if we do draft a guy and do the magical injury and he proves to be good. we have a kicker for the future on a much cheaper salary. if it doesnt, resign him again then try to draft another

i think hopkins is going to be a stud though

I used to be a sailor..

I agree with what your saying..

Baalke is equivalent to Tyrion Lannister
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Davy Akers 2.0?

You take all that back!

Phil is amazing and only gotten better with age. And it seems that when the weather is at its worst, phil is at his best. When the game is on the line and you need a 53 yarder with swirling cross winds, he's standing next to the HC saying "I got this"

Phil shold be a 10 time pro bowler, but bc he played for the Browns, he never got the recognition.

You guys won't have to worry about field goals.

Also, his wife sometimes sings the national anthem before the games and he and her have hand signals to talk to each other when he's on the field.
adamq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome signing! would still like to get a leg in the 6th/7th to compete, but this is a huge improvement already.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Davy Akers 2.0?

You take all that back!

Phil is amazing and only gotten better with age. And it seems that when the weather is at its worst, phil is at his best. When the game is on the line and you need a 53 yarder with swirling cross winds, he's standing next to the HC saying "I got this"

Phil shold be a 10 time pro bowler, but bc he played for the Browns, he never got the recognition.

You guys won't have to worry about field goals.

Also, his wife sometimes sings the national anthem before the games and he and her have hand signals to talk to each other when he's on the field.

Maybe he was only good because the crazy winf blew his shanked kicks back in the right direction and now there is no wind we will see the real Phil Dawson?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Maybe he was only good because the crazy winf blew his shanked kicks back in the right direction and now there is no wind we will see the real Phil Dawson?

He'll be fine in Candlestick then.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your fanbase just doubled

MINGO ATE YO BABY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: