Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RiotPunch Mock - British Invasion Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it besides Rambo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Not a fan of a lot of the prospects, but none the less, every RiotPunch mock deserves at least a reply for the time and effort you put in.

Laughing

Thanks, man. Out of curiosity, who do you dislike? Guessing Wheaton/Rambo.. You are more of a Patton/Swearinger man, IIRC.

Not big on Lacy personally. I have him around #7 on my RB I believe. I know I sound like a broken record, but I think the RB value is found in the middle rounds. I think guys like Michael, Stacy, Jamison etc. could be large contributors and imo more effective than Lacy.

I wouldn't say I'm a Patton "guy", that's just kind of how it played it in FFMD. I do value QP quite a bit more than Wheaten though. Don't like Wheaten for numerous reasons, for one he's a pretty consistent body catcher and it just doesn't seem like a natural catcher. To steal a line from Mike Mayock, taught hands not natural hands. And also on almost all the deep plays (I've only watched like 3 cut-ups) he let's it fall it him or he struggles to find it sometimes. As most have said, he does have mad cuts though. Patton is a natural catcher who brings quite a bit more to the table imo. More mature and NFL type body as well.

I do like Rambo on the field quite a bit. I'm not one who usually cares about personality "flags", but Rambo is an exception.

Love the Kelce pick, 2nd best TE in the class imo.

Haven't seen any cut-ups of Washington, but if scouting reports are accurate (which 70% it's muddled garbage imo) then I like this pick a lot as well.

Really like Hawthorne. That'd be great value, certainly not of the question to fall to the bottom of the 5th though.

And never heard of Herman, will have to look him up!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double sploosh. The only one I'm not a fan of is cornwash. But I agree we need olb depth and at that spot its either numbers or production and we've tried elmore so why not numbers. Dre ellington is about my only prospect you left out.[/code]
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to MD Jennings? Need to get Zombo off roster get MD Jennings on it.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics auto 10 it. Freaking love it. (I'll echo the Rambo comments though, love him as a prospect, just can't deal with the extracurricular)
Madtown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, English models are quite, ummm... talented. I predict back problems in their future. Shocked

I'd be great with it if it happened, but I doubt it happens. DE is the one position where I'd really like to get a FA since I don't thing the draft sets up well for us there, but I don't think he'll be an option. I wouldn't mind him at all if the price was right.

Similarly, I'd love Lacy there, but doubt he even falls out of Rd 1.

If this all happened, I'd be thrilled!
Bizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work!! I think Lacy would be a great addition to this team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:
Auto 10 because of Wheaton/Kelce. Doubt we get Seymour, though.

I like pretty much all the picks, except maybe Rambo in the 3rd.

+1

I really don't think DL is going to be a concern going into this season. We could stand to draft a guy though.
SE500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. A lot. Except for a few things.

1. We CAN'T go into the season with EDS and GVR as the annointed centers.

2. We will carry more than 3 RB's and Kuhn.

3. We will carry more than 3 Safety's even though we have CB's who can play a little Safety.

In a perfect world we add not only Seymour but Huff as well. Draft one of the top 3 or 4 centers in this draft (instead of Rambo) and THEN we're cookin in peanut oil.

*Also I really hope Brad Jones is back and I really doubt Jolly has any chance to make this team...
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Not a fan of a lot of the prospects, but none the less, every RiotPunch mock deserves at least a reply for the time and effort you put in.

Laughing

Thanks, man. Out of curiosity, who do you dislike? Guessing Wheaton/Rambo.. You are more of a Patton/Swearinger man, IIRC.

Not big on Lacy personally. I have him around #7 on my RB I believe. I know I sound like a broken record, but I think the RB value is found in the middle rounds. I think guys like Michael, Stacy, Jamison etc. could be large contributors and imo more effective than Lacy.

I wouldn't say I'm a Patton "guy", that's just kind of how it played it in FFMD. I do value QP quite a bit more than Wheaten though. Don't like Wheaten for numerous reasons, for one he's a pretty consistent body catcher and it just doesn't seem like a natural catcher. To steal a line from Mike Mayock, taught hands not natural hands. And also on almost all the deep plays (I've only watched like 3 cut-ups) he let's it fall it him or he struggles to find it sometimes. As most have said, he does have mad cuts though. Patton is a natural catcher who brings quite a bit more to the table imo. More mature and NFL type body as well.

I do like Rambo on the field quite a bit. I'm not one who usually cares about personality "flags", but Rambo is an exception.

Haven't seen any cut-ups of Washington, but if scouting reports are accurate (which 70% it's muddled garbage imo) then I like this pick a lot as well.

Really like Hawthorne. That'd be great value, certainly not of the question to fall to the bottom of the 5th though.

You have Lacy as the 7th back in the draft?

No.

Way.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Laughing

You have Lacy as the 7th back in the draft?

No.

Way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft a lot. As some have said already, the weak pick here is Rambo. I don't think he is physical enough; I'd rather have the other Georgia safety, Williams. Otherwise, I'd be nitpicking over this player or that as you've done a solid job. I like Eric Herman as well in the late rounds as he is strong and experienced; not a guy we'd have to wait a few years to develop like Van Roten.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft. I like pretty much every pick. Well done, RiotPunch. I know some people on here don't like Rambo, but I like my ball hawks. And I agree, whenever our defense can get takeaways and give #12 more chances, I love it.

Also...ummm...if you happen to know the names of the models you posted...umm...PM me.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rambo is a sound tackler in run support and has a good knack for knocking the ball loose, similar to Chuck. He is not overly physical, but he gets the job done and gives the ball back to the offense at a good clip.

Thanks for the comments, guys! Makes it easy for me to start up the next one!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: