Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RiotPunch Mock - British Invasion Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: RiotPunch Mock - British Invasion Edition Reply with quote

2013 PACKER OFFSEASON:
Not Re-signed / Released / Retired:
Greg Jennings - Signed w/ Queens
Tom Crabtree - Signed w/ Bucs
Erik Walden - Signed w/ Colts
Donald Driver: Retired
Jeff Saturday: Retired
Brad Jones: Not re-signed
Cedric Benson: Not re-signed
Ryan Grant: Not re-signed

Re-signed / Notable Retained:

Evan Dietrich-Smith: Re-signed
Sam Shields: Re-signed
Jermichael Finley: Retained

Free Agency:
Packers sign DE Richard Seymour to a two year deal worth around $5M.

2013 PACKER DRAFT:
*Packers trade #26 and #119 to Arizona for #38 and #69
*Packers trade #152 and #184 to ATL for #124

Ted takes a gamble and moves back in the draft to acquire higher quality picks. He feels there are a handful of possible guys on his BB that could fall, so he feels comfortable with this risk. Due to his lingering hamstring injury and the fact that RB isn't a huge need for teams this year, Lacy sees himself slip into the 2nd round, where the Packers nab him with the 38th overall pick. Lacy is a high impact player who will take our offense to the next level. He is a 3-down back, a great cold weather back, a goal-line threat and a good blocker in biltz pickup.

Okay, wide receiver isn't a huge need, but this position presents the best value on the board at this juncture. Wheaton is just an awesome prospect and should fit well with our current talent. He is a good character guy and with Jones/Jordy both facing FA in the next couple of years, it is important to get some skills in the WR pipeline. He can also take over kick/punt return duties.

I am straight up not in love with this safety class from a "fit" perspective, but one that has really grown on me is Bacarri Rambo. He's not the fastest or the brightest cat in the world, and he might even have a little red... but he can flat-out play. Our defense is at it's best when we are taking the ball away from the opponent, and Rambo is exceptional in that regard. I would trust him in the back half more so than Burnett.

With Jermichael's deal running dry after next season, a new top-level TE is needed. Even if we extend Finley, we could use a rock solid, multidimensional guy there. Kelce is a fantastic receiving TE, but is also a very impressive blocker. This would open up some great package opportunities with Finley/Kelce on the field at the same time. Helps the run game as well.

Washington tore up the combine. He's got a freakish skill-set and we could use that pass rush ability backing up Matthews and Perry. Also, havoc packages of Clay/Perry/Corn would be extremely scary for opposing teams.

Similar to the WR spot, we need some more talent in this pipeline. Tramon is in danger of being cut, Hayward is better in the slot, Shields is better as a nickel and House has struggled to stay healthy. Hawthorne is a big, fast and physical corner that has starter potential if he can refine his technique.

I don't think O-Line is a big need like others, but I believe it is smart to draft at least one every year. Herman is a sleeper interior lineman who is a steal here. He has the ability to come in and challenge EDS at center, but likely will be a developmental PS guy.

QB:

Aaron Rodgers || B.J. Coleman

RB:

Eddie Lacy || DuJuan Harris || Alex Green

FB:

John Kuhn

WR:

Randall Cobb || Jordy Nelson || James Jones || Markus Wheaton || Jarrett Boykin || Jeremy Ross

TE:

Jermichael Finley || Andrew Quarless || Travis Kelce || Ryan Taylor

LT:

Derek Sherrod || Marshall Newhouse

LG:

T.J. Lang || Greg Van Roten || Eric Herman (PS)

C:

Evan Dietrich-Smith || Greg Van Roten || Garth Gerhart (PS)

RG:

Josh Sitton || Greg Van Roten

RT:

Bryan Bulaga || Don Barclay

Ryan Pickett || C.J. Wilson || Mike Daniels

NT:

B.J. Raji || Jerel Worthy (PUP)

RDE:

Richard Seymour || Mike Neal || Johnny Jolly

LOLB:

Nick Perry || Dezman Moses || Cornelius Washington

SILB:

A.J. Hawk || Robert Francois

WILB:

Desmond Bishop || D.J. Smith || Terrell Manning

ROLB:

Clay Matthews || Frank Zombo

CB:

Tramon Williams || Casey Hayward || Sam Shields || Davon House || Jarrett Bush || Terry Hawthorne

SS:

Morgan Burnett || Jerron McMillian

FS:

Bacarri Rambo

FLAME AWAY

Last edited by RiotPunch on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the time you took to do this Shocked

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother 3 Winner Cool
#JDI
justo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto 10 because of Wheaton/Kelce. Doubt we get Seymour, though.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

I like pretty much all the picks, except maybe Rambo in the 3rd.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother 3 Winner Cool
#JDI
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be a pretty great draft for us. Even though I dont know how we are going to trade the 28th pick and not the 26th. Very Happy
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
would be a pretty great draft for us. Even though I dont know how we are going to trade the 28th pick and not the 26th. Very Happy

I don't know what you're talking about.... Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

I like pretty much all the picks, except maybe Rambo in the 3rd.

That's the only real "reach". Almost swapped Kelce and Rambo's spots, but stuck to my guns. I figured if you guys can make Swearinger a high second rounder, I can make Rambo a high 3rd. It's weird, because I used to dislike Rambo, but now I think he would fit like a glove. Rambo and Hayward would combine for sooo many TO's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely get an A++ for production value. While I don't like lacy at 26, if we can trade back into rd 2, it somehow sits better with me. While I would love Seymour, I don't see it happening, but a veteran rental at DE makes a ton of sense. I don't see Worthy as a Nose either, we need help there.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
RCobb18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always love the effort you put into your mocks! And the women always make me tune into the next mock. I would die a happy man if this scenario played out, well done!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Seymour is likely a longshot. I just feel like, if the price is right, it makes so much sense. We need a stop-gap producer on that D-Line until Worthy gets back into the swing of things, which will likely be an entire season. A Seymour/Raji/Picket front with Neal and Daniels subbing in would be rock solid.

And on the Worthy/nose comment, I agree. I just slotted him there for balance with the photo roster, although he can play spot minutes at NT. I think rotating guys more often at the LDE spot to free time for Pickett to play nose is the most likely solution. Almost mocked us Geathers over Hawthorne.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I enjoy putting effort into my mocks and time in between them so they are a bit more meaningful Glad the extra work is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of a lot of the prospects, but none the less, every RiotPunch mock deserves at least a reply for the time and effort you put in.
rbens06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about Washington yet. For a guy with those testing numbers he sure did not play to that level. He also had a very good supporting cast around him Jones and Ogletree at linebacker and Jenkins on the defensive line. That could work both ways that those guys just made plays, but I would have like to see more plays from him with those numbers and talent around him. As a mid round pick I would not be upset with it, considering most of the guys around that area will have other concerns and maybe our staff can get everything lined up for him.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Not a fan of a lot of the prospects, but none the less, every RiotPunch mock deserves at least a reply for the time and effort you put in.

Laughing

Thanks, man. Out of curiosity, who do you dislike? Guessing Wheaton/Rambo.. You are more of a Patton/Swearinger man, IIRC.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
Not sure how I feel about Washington yet. For a guy with those testing numbers he sure did not play to that level. He also had a very good supporting cast around him Jones and Ogletree at linebacker and Jenkins on the defensive line. That could work both ways that those guys just made plays, but I would have like to see more plays from him with those numbers and talent around him. As a mid round pick I would not be upset with it, considering most of the guys around that area will have other concerns and maybe our staff can get everything lined up for him.

Very nearly went polar opposite and mocked David Bass to us, but not sure if he can play standing up. I think Washington has the tools to produce, though I do agree with your concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite. Hands down. Value and need are addressed.

Do more mocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: