Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gotta say it...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
MDolphins2399 wrote:
I'm Sorry, I don't post here often but i have read this sight for a while, just look at my join date. However, this thread made me laugh when i saw some respected posters such as Merc getting called a pessimist.

First things first, you cannot be a sane Dolphins fan without being a bit of a pessimist. What i took from what Merc was saying is that he is excited about where we are going but he's probably been excited for 15 of the last 20 years (if not more, we're all fans here), at some point you gotta hold reservations. It's some wear and tear on the soul if you disappoint yourself yearly.

My Perspective:
I'm extremely positive about the direction we are moving, thinking back to the growth i saw in us last year, we have a bit as fans to be excited about. However, i am not even an old fan and i can't say i'm excited about our future, although i probably am, i cannot allow myself to feel that way. All I am willing to admit to as a dolphins fan this offseason is, "i am excited to see it."

every year of my fandom has been talk of what "could/should" happen. I would bet i'm half merc's age but even i understand. This is a tough team to be a fan of lately, (mostly because of the proud history). So we cannot be mad at the older fans for not being excited by our OFFSEASON MOVES. i'm not even excited about our "exciting" team, i'm just ready.

Ready to see it.

So well said. I appreciate the post, MD2399. Really. You said it better and much more concisely than I have by far.

Dude Either copy and paste the comment that contained the word "pessimist" in regard to Merc (who is my friend) or agree to stop making trouble.
I more than clarified my position on the topic of reserving judgement. Your comment is misplaced.

Everyone here knows I go back to the David Woodley era ... so I suffered as well, and if you where paying attention when Bill Parcells was hired, you would know that I do NOT ignore bad moves made by the team.

At the same time the only thing that remains consistent about the Dolphins is their name. The stadium has changed. The uniform has changed. The owner has changed the coaches changed and the players changed. Excuse me for not seeing the point in using the Cam Cameron era to reserve judgement on the current obvious upgrades.This team has been completely different after Bill Parcells left. Barring injuries, I'm sure we would take our current corp of WRs TE and LBs over the ones we had in 2012.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

And for what its worth, I really would like to share your optimism. I know we both want our Dolphins to win more than anything, and I don't necessarily think you are wrong about the direction of the team.

Bring it in guys, group hug! Angel

^Patdt13

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

And for what its worth, I really would like to share your optimism. I know we both want our Dolphins to win more than anything, and I don't necessarily think you are wrong about the direction of the team.

^Patdt13

#1103 is just YUMMY ! Razz
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

I more than clarified my position on the topic of reserving judgement. Your comment is misplaced.

I apologize, my intention was not intended to start trouble and i just went back and read it and will admit it is a bit misplaced. However, the intention of my post wasn't to bash you or any one else, so i'm sorry if you felt that way.

As to our perspectives on the team, I would have to agree I would take our current LBs, WRs, and TEs over last years any day of the week and twice on tuesdays.
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

^Patdt13

^PD47

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

^Patdt13

^PD47

^Pat

Warpticon wrote:
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,PD

ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Pat

Warpticon wrote:
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:

^ Pat

^PD47

ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Pat

Warpticon wrote:
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it doesn't relate but...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Y u scared PD?

bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Y u scared PD?

The only thing that could possibly make that video better is if it was a Dolphin player doing it! And maybe if Rex Ryan was in the background screaming like a little girl?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
I will reserve judgement until the season starts. Honestly, Miami could have signed Victor Cruz and Mike Wallace and I would still reserve judgement because historically something has always become unglued. I would feel better if Miami had a pass rush outside Wake and shown the ability to protect the QB. Notice I did not say anything about DB's. I feel if you have a pass rush they are less important.

Dude 99% of the time I defer to you in football matters, but I can't help but think that if miami had spend the offseason getting the cold shoulder from anybody with talent, you wouldn't be waiting until the season starts to recognize signs of change. No offense intended, but I think if we where making questionable moves you and a couple others would be ripping Ireland a new one. But we are addressing needs with players who are young and have shown to be productive and now you want to "reserve judgement"

No disrespect just my opinion.

I reserve judgement because Miami can put an All-Pro roster together with 21 of the 22 positions and still will struggle without a QB. My judgement is not in questioning the off season moves. I endorse the off season moves so far. Not sure we needed to sign Wheeler in replace of Burnett but that is just my opinion. I also think Jonathan Martin is a liability. Had he shown promise last year I would feel better but as luck has it, Miami still are in need of at least two starters on the offensive line (if you consider Martin a starter).

I think Ireland has done well. He has not put money into the RB position. I have been screaming this for ages with my "running backs are puppets rant". I like what they did at Tight End, although I would have signed Fred Davis over Keller, but that is just my opinion.

Should they sign Winston, that makes the line better but I would stilll go into this season cautiously optimistic because he struggled last year in KC. I do not believe Jake Long is a fit for the Fins system. IMO he realizes that as well, which is why he went to the Rams. However, he is 80% better than Martin. So now we have a questionable QB who will be running for his life. Do not care what weapons you have on offense if you cannot protect long enough.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
I will reserve judgement until the season starts. Honestly, Miami could have signed Victor Cruz and Mike Wallace and I would still reserve judgement because historically something has always become unglued. I would feel better if Miami had a pass rush outside Wake and shown the ability to protect the QB. Notice I did not say anything about DB's. I feel if you have a pass rush they are less important.

Dude 99% of the time I defer to you in football matters, but I can't help but think that if miami had spend the offseason getting the cold shoulder from anybody with talent, you wouldn't be waiting until the season starts to recognize signs of change. No offense intended, but I think if we where making questionable moves you and a couple others would be ripping Ireland a new one. But we are addressing needs with players who are young and have shown to be productive and now you want to "reserve judgement"

No disrespect just my opinion.

I reserve judgement because Miami can put an All-Pro roster together with 21 of the 22 positions and still will struggle without a QB. My judgement is not in questioning the off season moves. I endorse the off season moves so far. Not sure we needed to sign Wheeler in replace of Burnett but that is just my opinion. I also think Jonathan Martin is a liability. Had he shown promise last year I would feel better but as luck has it, Miami still are in need of at least two starters on the offensive line (if you consider Martin a starter).

I think Ireland has done well. He has not put money into the RB position. I have been screaming this for ages with my "running backs are puppets rant". I like what they did at Tight End, although I would have signed Fred Davis over Keller, but that is just my opinion.

Should they sign Winston, that makes the line better but I would stilll go into this season cautiously optimistic because he struggled last year in KC. I do not believe Jake Long is a fit for the Fins system. IMO he realizes that as well, which is why he went to the Rams. However, he is 80% better than Martin. So now we have a questionable QB who will be running for his life. Do not care what weapons you have on offense if you cannot protect long enough.

I know this is just your opinion and you have experience. But your opinion on Martin sounds final .... I know the media has handed him the LT starting job, but I think he's a Rookie that needs veteran competition in his 2nd year.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: