Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gotta say it...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Gotta say it... Reply with quote

For years we have watched this team dwell in mediocrity. New coaches, new systems, conservative in the draft and conservative in free agency have done little to give us fans hope or excitement for the next season. We watched a team that failed to surround Marino with a serviceable defense or anything that resembled a run game. We saw how the team failed to prepare for Danís retirement and we watched as the team struggled with stop-gap QBís and band-aid fixes.
There were attempts to take this team to the next level, the addition of Ricky Williams which provided the team a great run game, but failed to do much more. We saw top 5 misses and still a failure to address the QB position. We watched as the team selected Down Town Ronnie Brown 22 places ahead of Aaron freaking Rodgers then several years later we witnessed the selection of Jake Long over Matt Ryan. It has been a long depressing journey of misses and weak effort to land a QB and top talent.
ButÖ..
Over the last year we have seen the Dolphins select a QB in the top 10 of the draft then watched as that QB started 16 games and had some success with very little talent around him. We have also seen the team be the ďmost aggressive team in free agencyĒ when have we ever seen Miami, Most Aggressive and Free Agency in the same sentence? In this aggressive free agency we watch the staff add the top WR available, the top LB available, a play making TE, a blitzing LB and another WR. We have a team that has 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft, 11!! Making draft weekend one of the more compelling. This off-season has easily been the most enjoyable one I have experienced as a fan of the team for 25 years. I have more optimism for the potential of the team then I have had since Danny left. I understand Free Agency and a lot of draft picks donít mean squat unless they translate into victories and a play-off run, but it had been fun to watch them add players that actually matter. Itís a small victory, but a victory nonetheless and as a Dolphin fan who has watched a franchise he loves fall into mediocrity, itís a victory Iíll take and brag about. Itís been a great off-season that doesn't seem done yetÖ.gotta love the excitement! Fins Up!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Gotta say it... Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
For years we have watched this team dwell in mediocrity. New coaches, new systems, conservative in the draft and conservative in free agency have done little to give us fans hope or excitement for the next season. We watched a team that failed to surround Marino with a serviceable defense or anything that resembled a run game. We saw how the team failed to prepare for Danís retirement and we watched as the team struggled with stop-gap QBís and band-aid fixes.
There were attempts to take this team to the next level, the addition of Ricky Williams which provided the team a great run game, but failed to do much more. We saw top 5 misses and still a failure to address the QB position. We watched as the team selected Down Town Ronnie Brown 22 places ahead of Aaron freaking Rodgers then several years later we witnessed the selection of Jake Long over Matt Ryan. It has been a long depressing journey of misses and weak effort to land a QB and top talent.
ButÖ..
Over the last year we have seen the Dolphins select a QB in the top 10 of the draft then watched as that QB started 16 games and had some success with very little talent around him. We have also seen the team be the ďmost aggressive team in free agencyĒ when have we ever seen Miami, Most Aggressive and Free Agency in the same sentence? In this aggressive free agency we watch the staff add the top WR available, the top LB available, a play making TE, a blitzing LB and another WR. We have a team that has 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft, 11!! Making draft weekend one of the more compelling. This off-season has easily been the most enjoyable one I have experienced as a fan of the team for 25 years. I have more optimism for the potential of the team then I have had since Danny left. I understand Free Agency and a lot of draft picks donít mean squat unless they translate into victories and a play-off run, but it had been fun to watch them add players that actually matter. Itís a small victory, but a victory nonetheless and as a Dolphin fan who has watched a franchise he loves fall into mediocrity, itís a victory Iíll take and brag about. Itís been a great off-season that doesn't seem done yetÖ.gotta love the excitement! Fins Up!

Dancing

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Gotta say it... Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ButÖ..

Great Post and very positive, Fins UP!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-6)
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Dolphins fans favorite part of the season has become the off season. Until we see the additions translate into more wins during the season, I will have less enthusiasm about our moves.

With that said, I do like the addition of Wallace. I think Ireland has a done an impressive job reading the market. I also think the focus on youth and character is long overdue and welcomed. Of course I like Tannehill as well, and I like what we saw from him on the field season 1. My hope, and my expectation is that he will improve with improved talent to throw to. The number of draft choices we have excites me, but I am beyond skeptical that we will use those picks wisely. Fingers crossed that Ireland has saved all of his luck for this draft. We desperately need some solid picks to put a foundation on this team for the future.
Russ57

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, in the past some have said I shouldn't judge Ireland because he only did what Parcells dictated. I never felt that way. I felt either he didn't earn his pay (by only doing what other's said) or he was accountable. In either case it didn't add up to anything I had a high opinion of.

So far I'm surprised and pleased. I felt I saw a hint under Daboll. Now I'm starting to buy the concept that Ireland feels his job is to deliver the players the coaching staff wants (as opposed to having his own vision).

In time I'd like to see Ireland grow into the type of GM that would stand up to a coaching staff with a misguided view and say, "No, we won't draft those players as it will set us back for years. Your plan is flawed and we need to come up with another one immediately".

All this is a little premature as I have yet to see what he will do in this draft. I have said for quite awhile that this particular year will make or break the dolphins for the immediate future.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya VM71 !
It's hard to ignore all that the Phins have done in the past yr.
Just last yr we were talking about the unfortunate death of Philbins son.

There is a lot to like about this team last yr & this offseason but my fav addition has to be Philbin.
I just gotta feelin about the guy & his locker rm philosophy as well as his statement
"it's really tough to win in the NFL only scoring 17 pts every Sun".

I know a lotta people disagree with me but I'm stickin to my guns that it is "Philbin driving the Bus"
more so than Ireland.

Just thinkin out loud, I'm guessing we win 2 more gms this yr & go 9 - 7 maybe whiff a Wild Card.
Barring catastrophic injurries we are well on trk.

sug
DavisIsland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good post VM. I think what were starting to see is a FO that realizes that its time to change and update its outdated philosophy.
ZenZuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Gotta say it... Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ButÖ..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say, this is the most inspiring offseason in recent memory.

I feel we are moving in the right direction as a team, but still have a ways to go and it all hinges on Tannehill.

I really did like what I saw from him last year and his continuous improvement throughout.

If ryan suceeds we then the spending is worth it. If he doesnt live up to what his potential is, then it was all for not.

Here's to a great season.

Fins Up.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
PhinsPhan44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
I will say, this is the most inspiring offseason in recent memory.

I feel we are moving in the right direction as a team, but still have a ways to go and it all hinges on Tannehill.

I really did like what I saw from him last year and his continuous improvement throughout.

If ryan suceeds we then the spending is worth it. If he doesnt live up to what his potential is, then it was all for not.

Here's to a great season.

Fins Up.

So..... So true. If Tannehill doesn't take another step in development this is all for nothing. The whole process will need to restart until the franchise QB is found. I do expect him to and I do believe that last years 'growing pains' will aid in this process.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will reserve judgement until the season starts. Honestly, Miami could have signed Victor Cruz and Mike Wallace and I would still reserve judgement because historically something has always become unglued. I would feel better if Miami had a pass rush outside Wake and shown the ability to protect the QB. Notice I did not say anything about DB's. I feel if you have a pass rush they are less important.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I will reserve judgement until the season starts. Honestly, Miami could have signed Victor Cruz and Mike Wallace and I would still reserve judgement because historically something has always become unglued. I would feel better if Miami had a pass rush outside Wake and shown the ability to protect the QB. Notice I did not say anything about DB's. I feel if you have a pass rush they are less important.

Dude 99% of the time I defer to you in football matters, but I can't help but think that if miami had spend the offseason getting the cold shoulder from anybody with talent, you wouldn't be waiting until the season starts to recognize signs of change. No offense intended, but I think if we where making questionable moves you and a couple others would be ripping Ireland a new one. But we are addressing needs with players who are young and have shown to be productive and now you want to "reserve judgement"

No disrespect just my opinion.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I second that six ways to Sunday.
If we draft a CB at #12 I will be pissed.

sug
DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself always get excited in the offseason about this team and we start 0-2 or worse. Not as much this year so hopefully that means good things to come.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I second that six ways to Sunday.
If we draft a CB at #12 I will be pissed.

sug
I agree 100 percent. While I dont want to trot out chopped liver at CB I value the position alot less then most in the NFL. Score alot of points,stop the run and get a dominate pass rush is the key to victory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: