Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you all rather happen?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Boyz4orlyfe


Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Location: Atlanta GA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: What would you all rather happen? Reply with quote

1. Warmack/Cooper
2. Kawann Short
3. Alvin Bailey
4. D.J. Swearinger

OR

1. Tavon Austin
2. Warford
3. Alvin Bailey
4. D.J.Swearinger
_________________
Dallas Is and ALWAYS will be America's Team!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17179
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First option by a mile...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4771
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
First option by a mile...


Yep.
_________________

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10319
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
First option by a mile...


Yeah, it's really not even close. WR/KR is not a 1st round need for us.
_________________


Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5346
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Madden: option 2

for real football: option 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20400
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
First option by a mile...


Yep.


Agreed. It's the first option and it isn't even close.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShineOnStar


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 561
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
First option by a mile...


Yep.


Agreed. It's the first option and it isn't even close.


In every aspect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sodakcowboy78


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Location: sioux falls so dak
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea like Dallas is set at WR...often injured Austin and a bunch of backups...Id go with Option #2 in a heartbeat...a stud difference maker at WR and the return game...when is the last time anyone in Dallas got excited about the Dallas return game...and some solid prospects on OL.

Shoot...Dallas passed on JJ Watt...uh...Defensive Player Of The Year for the all world TSmith...yea...howd that work out.

So now an all world OG at 18 and a 2nd round DL is the answer for this team ahead of difference maker and quite possibly the best WR in this draft and a solid 2nd round OG with 1st round potential with the mass Dallas has been lacking on the OL since LDavis left.

No...thank you...ill take # 2 and wont look back



Peace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2888
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
Yea like Dallas is set at WR...often injured Austin and a bunch of backups...Id go with Option #2 in a heartbeat...a stud difference maker at WR and the return game...when is the last time anyone in Dallas got excited about the Dallas return game...and some solid prospects on OL.

Shoot...Dallas passed on JJ Watt...uh...Defensive Player Of The Year for the all world TSmith...yea...howd that work out.

So now an all world OG at 18 and a 2nd round DL is the answer for this team ahead of difference maker and quite possibly the best WR in this draft and a solid 2nd round OG with 1st round potential with the mass Dallas has been lacking on the OL since LDavis left.

No...thank you...ill take # 2 and wont look back



Peace



http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyromo/2505354/careerstats

Another reciever stud WR would be a very welcomed addition. But!!!!!!!! Just how would Romo get the ball to him?

Do you know how many completions Romo had for over 20 yards? Answer = 54. Thats 1 in every 7.

And for 40 yards last season? Answer = 9. That's 1 in every 47.

That's it. So out of 425 completed passes 54 went for over 20 yards and only 9 went for over 40.

That is one of the problems this offense has, it's passing game is very much 1 dimensional.

It makes the opposing defense's job very easy. They can use their DB's to keep everything in front of them, let teh D linemen pin their ears back and get after Romo forcing bad passes and opportunities for turnovers.

He would have very little opportunity to complete the deep ball.

And with no FA help and no real confidence in our in house O linemen, AND our core veterans getting older, we need O line help more than a stud WR. I vote for option 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sodakcowboy78


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Location: sioux falls so dak
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so drafting Cooper and Short are going to help Romos chances of getting the ball to his WR while drafting Austin and Warford wont...i really dont think the difference between Cooper and Warford is that great...Austin and Warford come in and start right away...Cooper starts but Short sits and learns...whos job is Short gonna come in and take away...nobody...Warford is a talented player...and Austin could be a Pro Bowl WR and KR/PR day one for this team...


Peace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2888
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
so drafting Cooper and Short are going to help Romos chances of getting the ball to his WR while drafting Austin and Warford wont...i really dont think the difference between Cooper and Warford is that great...Austin and Warford come in and start right away...Cooper starts but Short sits and learns...whos job is Short gonna come in and take away...nobody...Warford is a talented player...and Austin could be a Pro Bowl WR and KR/PR day one for this team...


Peace



I don't know..... You make a great point but I am just very leary about our O line. I simply do not trust it and taking anything OTHER than O line in the 1st round worries me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Justin Hoover82


Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 2471
Location: Ft.Worth Texas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for option 1 as well. I love Warford though and would not be upset at all if we took Warmack / Cooper round 1 then doubled up with Warford round 2. Imagine the running lanes those big boys could open up Shocked
_________________
AMERICA'S TEAM and 5x SB CHAMPIONS = DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Justin Hoover82


Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 2471
Location: Ft.Worth Texas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a better comparison would be your first option vs this

1. DT, S.Richardson
2. OG, L.Warford
3. OT, B.Williams
4. S, D.J.Swearinger
_________________
AMERICA'S TEAM and 5x SB CHAMPIONS = DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group