Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders give LB Rolando McClain permission to seek trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8727
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you guys cut him
baltimore signs him. then he somehow plays pretty well
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
i think you guys cut him
baltimore signs him. then he somehow plays pretty well


Would you guys sign him if you lose Larry Grant?
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8497
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a good team care about giving up a 6th or 7th round pick for a 22 year old with huge potential.

The money wont be an issue because he will have to redo his contract in any event.

McClain is inmature for sure. But the Raiders failed him just as much as he did them. He is going to be a good player if he goes to a solid locker room.

As someone said before what we get will ultimately come down to how he sells himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 MILE LYLE


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 195
Location: oc
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo no team will trade a pick this year. I see conditional pick in 14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 MILE LYLE wrote:
Imo no team will trade a pick this year. I see conditional pick in 14



Cant get a conditional pick on a player you cut.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3788
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justwinbaby81 gives Rolando McClain permission to eat shht
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9877
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
3 MILE LYLE wrote:
Imo no team will trade a pick this year. I see conditional pick in 14



Cant get a conditional pick on a player you cut.


Conditional, not Compensatory.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10883
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
3 MILE LYLE wrote:
Imo no team will trade a pick this year. I see conditional pick in 14



Cant get a conditional pick on a player you cut.


Thatis conditional from the team trading for him. Not compensatory from the league.

If a team trades for him it may be for a pick in 2014, is what I think 3 MILE meant.

I have a feeling that if he is not traded by draft weekend he may be cut on June 1st. Screw him. He can try to catch on somewhere late.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, brush up on my reading.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Why would a good team care about giving up a 6th or 7th round pick for a 22 year old with huge potential.

The money wont be an issue because he will have to redo his contract in any event.

McClain is inmature for sure. But the Raiders failed him just as much as he did them. He is going to be a good player if he goes to a solid locker room.

As someone said before what we get will ultimately come down to how he sells himself.


So much fail here. "Huge potential"?! Where is that? Slow to react, can't get off blocks, can't tackle and can't cover?

The Raiders failed him how? Gave him a starting job and he failed them. The Raiders had some solid vet leadership in their locker room. McClain was a punk from day 1.

Unless he MAGICALLY becomes lighter on his feet and learns to tackle he is worthless. Backup at best in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8497
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Why would a good team care about giving up a 6th or 7th round pick for a 22 year old with huge potential.

The money wont be an issue because he will have to redo his contract in any event.

McClain is inmature for sure. But the Raiders failed him just as much as he did them. He is going to be a good player if he goes to a solid locker room.

As someone said before what we get will ultimately come down to how he sells himself.


So much fail here. "Huge potential"?! Where is that? Slow to react, can't get off blocks, can't tackle and can't cover?

The Raiders failed him how? Gave him a starting job and he failed them. The Raiders had some solid vet leadership in their locker room. McClain was a punk from day 1.

Unless he MAGICALLY becomes lighter on his feet and learns to tackle he is worthless. Backup at best in the NFL.

When healthy he actually had covered better than advertised. Slow to react? probably. Wrong scheme and no proper coaching? definatley.

We failed him by giving him a starting job instead of earning it when he was what 19 or 20, 3 DC's, 3LB coaches.

And who was the solid vet leadership?
Seymour who benched himself so he could be released this season. And who also sat most practices and offseason that he was here.

Don't take this as me defending him. The things he did were childish and inmature. And he got away with it until late last season. But the player doesn't always fit the team or its structure. I think had we drafted him this year for instance with solid locker room, returning coaches, a GM, players not getting overvalued then we would have seen a much different output from him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Why would a good team care about giving up a 6th or 7th round pick for a 22 year old with huge potential.

The money wont be an issue because he will have to redo his contract in any event.

McClain is inmature for sure. But the Raiders failed him just as much as he did them. He is going to be a good player if he goes to a solid locker room.

As someone said before what we get will ultimately come down to how he sells himself.


So much fail here. "Huge potential"?! Where is that? Slow to react, can't get off blocks, can't tackle and can't cover?

The Raiders failed him how? Gave him a starting job and he failed them. The Raiders had some solid vet leadership in their locker room. McClain was a punk from day 1.

Unless he MAGICALLY becomes lighter on his feet and learns to tackle he is worthless. Backup at best in the NFL.

When healthy he actually had covered better than advertised. Slow to react? probably. Wrong scheme and no proper coaching? definatley.

We failed him by giving him a starting job instead of earning it when he was what 19 or 20, 3 DC's, 3LB coaches.

And who was the solid vet leadership?
Seymour who benched himself so he could be released this season.

Don't take this as me defending him. The things he did were childish and inmature. And he got away with it until late last season. But the player doesn't always fit the team or its structure. I think had we drafted him this year for instance with solid locker room, returning coaches, a GM, players not getting overvalued then we would have seen a much different output from him.


He was the consensus #1 LB in the 2010 draft. A day 1 starter by all account who led the Crimson Tide's vaunted championship defense.

Sorry, I don't care how old he is. Poor leader, poor player. Those are facts. He was drafted as the safe pick MLB to be the leader of the defense and he was a punk who gave nothing, period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still doubt that were going to be able to get anything in return. MAYBE a seventh, which is better than nothing, but its also just as likely that teams just wait until we release him because either way Rolando isnt wearing silver and black next season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Bob Dobalina


Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Posts: 1560
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in their right mind would trade for slowlando McClain? Laughing Brick wall Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3723
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
McKenzie cutting DHB and Huff was a sign of respect for there efforts, but McClain will be afforded no such luxury.

He will be let go right before training camp when his value is almost nothing, and he probably won't play this year, he going to lose a ton of money over this...................and all i can do is Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is why the Raiders put it in his agents hands to find his client a team and most likely will have to promise a pay cut or risk his client not catching on with another if we dont actaully release him until training camp. Atmost it will probably be a 6th but hey something better than nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group