Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bunch of Mocks #2 (plus a little more)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Take Your Pick
A
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Bunch of Mocks #2 (plus a little more) Reply with quote

Yet another installment of my Bunch of Mocks. Last time, I recall people not being thrilled with any of them, and I would expect those same people won't love any of these. What I will do though is preface my post with my overall thinking about how this team best approach the draft, in hopes it gives you a sense where I might be coming from proposing a specific mock draft.

OFFENSE:
QB --> This team definitely needs an upgrade and Gus/Dave will make sure there is some good competition for Blaine in camp. How they can best do that in the scheme of this draft is obviously up to debate, but I made it known I do not think Geno at #2 is the way to go.
RB --> With MJD and Forsett on the roster for this year, I think this team could get by without taking a RB. Having said that, I would not be shocked to see this as MJD's final year as a Jag, so it might make sense to draft a RB in the middle rounds if the value is there.
FB/TE --> I am new here and you don't know my feelings about the FB position, so let me just throw it out there that I am not a huge fan and think these "hybrid" H-Back/FB/TE players are the way to go. While Greg Jones might be back, I think that the lack of a real solid TE2 on this team could warrant a late round pick on a "hybrid" guy who can be a jack of all trades type who could be a viable TE2.
WR --> Laurent is gone and so I definitely think WR is a position that could be addressed in the draft, although I feel like bringing in a bunch of UDFAs could also work and might even make more sense.
OL --> With no RT brought in (yet) via FA, it is a HIGH priority to the point that #33 could be a logical spot to grab one. Other than that, not sure any other OL spot NEEDS to be drafted, although a C could be very tempting to grab.

DEFENSE:
DL --> LEO is an absolute necessity. I like Andre Branch and think he could end up fitting, but this team needs 2 LEOs for the long term, and Babin is not to be relied upon to be much of anything moving forward. Other than that, I think the only real DL spot that warrants consideration for drafting in the 1-technique. As I mentioned in a remark yesterday, Roy Miller is a 2 down player who is a run stopper and not much else. A guy who could potentially rush the passer and play the run could make sense.
LB --> Geno Hayes is not an ideal option to start weekly so I think that depending on what happens with Daryl Smith, this team could be in the market for 2 starting OLBs. I think that regardless of whether it is one or two starters, looking to draft one OLB could be a very logical and viable option.
CB --> We know what Bradley likes, and there is a major void of talent at CB on the roster. I think that by the end of day 2 of the draft, 1 CB almost needs to be drafted by this team.
S --> Thanfully the draft is pretty loaded with good S prospects, and so a guy to replace Landry could be found on day 3. A day 2 pick on a S might also be in the realm of possibilities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOCK A:
1.2: Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2.1: Terron Amrstead OT Arkansas Pine-Bluff
3.2: Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB Connecticut
4.1: T.J. McDonald S USC
5.2: Michael Buchanan LEO Illinois
6.1: Ty Powell OLB Harding
7.2: Knile Davis RB Arkansas

MOCK B:
1.2: Star Lotulelei DT Utah
2.1: Jamie Collins LEO Southern Mississippi
3.2: David Bakhtiari OT Colorado
4.1: Matt Scott QB Arizona
5.2: Keith Pough OLB Howard
6.1: Sanders Commings CB Georgia
7.2: Cooper Taylor S Richmond

MOCK C:
1.2: Dion Jordan LEO Oregon
2.1: Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
3.2: Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
4.1: Jordan Mills OT Louisiana Tech
5.2: Zac Dysert QB Miami (Ohio)
6.1: Duke Williams S Nevada
7.2: Kyle Juszczyk FB/TE Harvard

MOCK D:
1.2: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
2.1: E.J. Manuel QB Florida State
3.2: Corey Lemonier LEO Auburn
4.1: J.J. Wilcox S FIU
5.2: Tharold Simon CB LSU
6.1: Rodney Smith WR Florida State
7.2: Mario Benavides C Louisville

Last edited by JagsFanInNY on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A - Geno seems the most likely now, but rest of draft is meh
B and C - Both pretty good
D - OT at #2 DQs it

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Geno (and think he will be our pick on the night of April 25) but I like Mock B and C the most.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Mr. V

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like C the most. I'm a huge fan of Dion Jordan and also think Zac Dysert is a top 3 QB in this class.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is A just bc of Geno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say A Geno, Armstead and Blidi are all players I like. I also think that TJ Mcdonald might be a nice fit in our defense where his coverage deficiencies are less apparent in the bandit role. Kniles Davis is good value at that point.

C is also good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: