Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns schedule private workout w/ QB Geno Smith
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Browns schedule private workout w/ QB Geno Smith Reply with quote

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/geno_smith_will_have_private_w.html

Due diligence?
Smokescreen?
Genuine interest?

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Browns schedule private workout w/ QB Geno Smith Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/geno_smith_will_have_private_w.html

Due diligence?
Smokescreen?
Genuine interest?

I'll take A and C here.

Maybe all of the above.

I think if they fall in love, they would take him at 6.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Nug. It's definitely a combination of all three. They'd have to be blown away at the workout to take him. Even if that is he case, chances are he'd do the same at private workouts for other teams. This would make the likelihood of him being gone at six. KC and Oakland both are rumored to want to trade down.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns draft Geno at #6 if he is available...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's all three as well. We can't say with out a doubt that we have our answer at QB and the best one in the draft may fall to us. I'd question our front office if they didn't want to take a look. I'm not saying I want him, just saying I'm glad we're checking him out. It's the right thing to do. Plus we can't trade away what we don't presume to have interest in.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
duke2056

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the were idiots if they didn't.

Nothing to lose by bringing in any player for a private workout.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Little of all three. I wouldn't mind taking him if they address the TE and CB situation before the draft. If Geno can come out and be RG3 for us then why the hell not?

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Little of all three. I wouldn't mind taking him if they address the TE and CB situation before the draft. If Geno can come out and be RG3 for us then why the hell not?

that is all

Mastercheddaar

as far as I am concerned he is not RG3
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

your right, he is GS1 Confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for it. If we could come out this offseason knowing who our franchise QB is that would do alot for this team. I think Geno is too talented to pass up and we might not be in a situation to draft a Franchise QB in the future if you have your chance get him now.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

yeah his knees have a clean bill of health

See I like Geno Smith a lot. he is a very athletic QB but is not much of a runner. He could rip off a 30yard run if he wants to or if the play breaks down badly but he was purely a pocket passer in college. Crazy, I knew he wasnt much of a runner but I didnt realize he has 337 career rushing yards.

I think Geno Smith being in an offense by Chud who worked with Newton and Turner with Rivers could come up with a perfect offense for Smith.

I know this could be a touchy subject. Im not racist or anything but I think having a black QB could have a huge! huge! impact in Cleveland and inner city kids and get more off the streets and playing football even more IMO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

I know this could be a touchy subject. Im not racist or anything but I think having a black QB could have a huge! huge! impact in Cleveland and inner city kids and get more off the streets and playing football even more IMO

I totally agree with this for some reason. I doubt Geno ever makes it to us, but whether we want to admit it or not, the philanthropy of Trent Richardson is slightly more rewarding than Weeden in terms of an African-American child's likelihood of modeling. Will a selection of a black QB single-handedly conquer the achievement gap of inner-city African-Americans? Of course not. However Geno Smith is an adamant studier of game tape. I could see that making for one helluva learning campaign.

As for the football side, he won't make it to us. I wouldn't be against selecting him as I'm almost sure he'll be more than capable of being a more effective version of Josh Freeman. I just see a greater opportunity to come away with a defensive stud than a franchise QB.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody ever watch Geno play a game in cold weather?

I recommend finding the Pinstripe Bowl somewhere online for a hint as to how he would look late in the season in Cleveland. I would post a link, but I can't seem to find it.

From what I remember, it wasn't pretty.

I just really hope that the Browns don't make the mistake of thinking that this kid has any chance at all of ever being a top 10 QB in the NFL, which is what he better be if he's taken at 6.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

I recommend finding the Pinstripe Bowl somewhere online for a hint as to how he would look late in the season in Cleveland. I would post a link, but I can't seem to find it.

I just really hope that the Browns don't make the mistake of thinking that this kid has any chance at all of ever being a top 10 QB in the NFL, which is what he better be if he's taken at 6.

that was a beautiful game Cool Scot Shafer sent everythgin he had at Geno that game and the last time we played them at the dome and Geno was not great at handling the pressure
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

that was a beautiful game Cool Scot Shafer sent everythgin he had at Geno that game and the last time we played them at the dome and Geno was not great at handling the pressure

Were the problems Geno, his supporting cast, both and/or something else?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: