Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No RGIII in 2013!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
I feel the plus to all this is giving Kirk Cousins an audition for all those QB needy team out there for 2014. You would be surprised (or maybe not) what teams are willing to give up for a franchise type QB. I personnally think Cousins will go somewhere and be their starter for several years and have a decent career. If we could garner a top-15 pick for him next year and I think that would bring JOY to Redskins Nation. There are some talented players coming out next year and I would love to have the opportunty to grab either Marquise Lee or Sammie Watkins to play catch with RG III. Not to mention that we will be about 20 MILLION under the salary cap. Hey I can live with Cousin and a 9 and 7 season in 2013 if he gets us a 1st round pick in 2014. Just saying.....

The problem with this is that the 2014 QB class looks pretty solid.

You have the headliners: Aaron Murray, A.J. McCarron, and Teddy Bridgewater (if he chooses to declare). You also have some interesting prospects in Logan Thomas (needs to seriously rebound from his junior year), Tajh Boyd, Zach Mettenberger, Keith Price, and Derek Carr. If Casey Pachall could get his head on straight, he could be up there as well.

So, you would be trying to trade Cousins in a seller's market. We can debate Cousins going in the second because this draft class is so weak. Next year? Doesn't look as likely.
To be fair, we all said the same thing of the 2013 projected draft class last year. Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Geno Smith, EJ Manuel and Logan Thomas.

They all underperformed except for Geno Smith though, so we'll have to see if the 2014 class leads up to the hype this season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
Woz wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
I feel the plus to all this is giving Kirk Cousins an audition for all those QB needy team out there for 2014. You would be surprised (or maybe not) what teams are willing to give up for a franchise type QB. I personnally think Cousins will go somewhere and be their starter for several years and have a decent career. If we could garner a top-15 pick for him next year and I think that would bring JOY to Redskins Nation. There are some talented players coming out next year and I would love to have the opportunty to grab either Marquise Lee or Sammie Watkins to play catch with RG III. Not to mention that we will be about 20 MILLION under the salary cap. Hey I can live with Cousin and a 9 and 7 season in 2013 if he gets us a 1st round pick in 2014. Just saying.....

You have the headliners: Aaron Murray, A.J. McCarron, and Teddy Bridgewater (if he chooses to declare). You also have some interesting prospects in Logan Thomas (needs to seriously rebound from his junior year), Tajh Boyd, Zach Mettenberger, Keith Price, and Derek Carr. If Casey Pachall could get his head on straight, he could be up there as well.

So, you would be trying to trade Cousins in a seller's market. We can debate Cousins going in the second because this draft class is so weak. Next year? Doesn't look as likely.
You are correct about nexy yea'rs draft class. My question to you is how many of them have played against NFL defenses?

How many defenses has Cousins played against? Outside of his start against the Browns, Cousins has played a quarter against Atlanta (and he looked like a rookie, 5 of 9, 111 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT), a handful of plays against Baltimore (2 for 2, 26 yards, 1 TD, plus rushing 2 point QB sneak), and half of a quarter against the Seahawks (3 for 10, 31 yards). Outside of that one game against the Browns, his professional stats are 10 of 21, 168 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT (67.3 QB RTG) in about 20 minutes of game experience.

It's not like he's got that much more experience than the rookies coming up in 2014.

Quote:
How many have played in clutch NFL playoff-type situations and carried their teams to a win?

Uh ... he didn't win. Unless you mean against Baltimore?

Quote:
A lot of college QBs have potential, but how many really pan out to be what their potential suggest (Ponder, Gabbert, Russell, etc.).

And this is different from Kirk Cousins ... how?

Quote:
Kirk Cousins will have veteran's status after this year.

Technically, he's a veteran now.

Quote:
Tested versus Untested is the question teams have to ask themselves and I think that somebody will take a flyer on the Tested Cousins because he is still young, has NFL game experience and is still under his rookie contract.

Is Kirk Cousins really "Tested" when he's attempted a grand total of 58 passes in his career, the vast majority of which came in a single game?

The rookies are young, and the rookies will be under rookie contract for two more years than Cousins would be (remember, in 2014, he'll be in the third year of his rookie contract).

Finally, it's very possible that the Redskins could ask for a pick in 2014 and one in 2015. That would be two picks against taking one by taking one of the rookies.

Look, I hope we get something for Cousins. At the same time, I'm trying to be realistic.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:

To be fair, we all said the same thing of the 2013 projected draft class last year. Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Geno Smith, EJ Manuel and Logan Thomas.

They all underperformed except for Geno Smith though, so we'll have to see if the 2014 class leads up to the hype this season.

Uh, not all of us. I liked Barkley (not sure what happened there), but I was heavily against Wilson and Bray. Landry Jones looked like he peaked (I was willing to give him a chance, even though one of my co-workers is a Sooners fan and was sick and tired of him). EJ Manuel never impressed me much.

Murray and Thomas went back to school (Thomas because he had a horrid junior year, Murray ... I don't know why). Of all of the guys I mentioned, only Bridgewater would have any eligibility left at the end of next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: