Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No RGIII in 2013!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowilson11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: No RGIII in 2013!!!!! Reply with quote

I know Iím going to get some serious hate mail from this post but Iím going to make this post anyway. I feel we need to sit RG III the entire 2013-2014 season. My reasoning for this is plain and simple. Heís our future so why take a chance rushing him back for this coming season. This is his second ACL rehab and they had to use a graft from the Patella tendon of the other knee to make the repair. We have Kirk Cousins who played outstanding for us when called upon and is one of the main reasons we even made the playoffs last season. RGIII will miss all OTAs and probably most of Training Camp so why would we risk his future for this season. Cousins can be our QB for this season and he will also be auditioning for other NFL teams. If he plays like he did last season or maybe better (with a full season) then his trade value go through the roof in 2014. Just think of this possibility, in 2014 we will be probably 20 million dollars under the salary cap and could garner a first round pick and a later round pick for Cousins. For me, all this sounds very realistic and the right thing to do. There are some very talented players in next yearís draft and we could get one of them if we trade Cousins. We canít afford to rush RG III back and he suffers another serious injury. Give him time to rehab the knee back to 100% and give himself full OTAs and Training Camp to get the chemistry back with his receivers. We can put him on PUP and protect our future. I know everyone is HYPED by RG III, but if he goes down this season with another knee injury everyone here will be cussing Snyder, Allen and the Coaching Staff for bringing him back too soon and putting winning ahead of his future.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PUP is only six weeks.. I guess you meant I R .. Won't happen.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I thought this was news or something saying Griffin wasn't going to play at all this season. Not just your personal opinion. Laughing
Anyway, MY personal opinion about this Griffin/Cousins situation is I'd start Cousins for the first 8 games or so (however long a player can stay on the PUP list) and let Griffin rest and rehab his knee during TC and preseason, even if he says he's ready. Should Cousins struggle, then we should make the switch at the bye, perhaps. Should Cousins do well, then there's no reason to take him out. As you said, Bo, this would massively increase his trade value for the following offseason. I'd love to pick up another first since we don't have one for the next draft.
Duke Ihenacho: bleh
Ryan Clark: 5 tackles, 1 PDef
Logan Paulsen: 2 catches, 0 yards!
bowilson11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
GM, no I meant PUP. Like you stated it only six weeks, but in those six weeks Cousins we will have a pretty good assessment of Cousins and bring RG III back as his backup. I just don't think he will be 100% for TC and Week 1. Adrian Peterson came back in nine months, but nine months for RG III would be October. A QB needs chemistry and timing with his receivers and I don't think it will be there for RG III this year because he can't particpate in OTAs and TC. I'm just saying this might be a BIG MISTAKE playing him.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
GM, no I meant PUP. Like you stated it only six weeks, but in those six weeks Cousins we will have a pretty good assessment of Cousins and bring RG III back as his backup. I just don't think he will be 100% for TC and Week 1. Adrian Peterson came back in nine months, but nine months for RG III would be October. A QB needs chemistry and timing with his receivers and I don't think it will be there for RG III this year because he can't particpate in OTAs and TC. I'm just saying this might be a BIG MISTAKE playing him.

OK, gotcha .. Then we better resign Sexy ASAP..
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to play and I doubt he even misses a month. He should be PUP'd but I have to question if Shanahan and RG3 will agree to even do that, we're talking about two guys who clearly put the "short term" success over the "long term" success last year in Dec and January in mike Shanahan and RG3 and no matter what they say, I don't see it changing. Words only mean so much.

If Rg3 can walk he's going to play, that's how I see it. I could be wrong but precedent tells me otherwise and I don't trust either to change even though everyone else in the world knows they should.

Last year what really should have Happened is RG3 should have been sat even vs the Eagles, possibly the rest of the season and we could have went with Cousins. It would have been a good showcase for cousins also if he had kept playing the way he did vs the browns the rest of the year.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Man, I thought this was news or something saying Griffin wasn't going to play at all this season. Not just your personal opinion. Laughing

Anyway, MY personal opinion about this Griffin/Cousins situation is I'd start Cousins for the first 8 games or so (however long a player can stay on the PUP list) and let Griffin rest and rehab his knee during TC and preseason, even if he says he's ready. Should Cousins struggle, then we should make the switch at the bye, perhaps. Should Cousins do well, then there's no reason to take him out. As you said, Bo, this would massively increase his trade value for the following offseason. I'd love to pick up another first since we don't have one for the next draft.
i agree with that but it won't happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason for Griff to play before week 8 if at all!!!! I have said this many times no need to rush him unless he is 100% I hope Cousin works with the recievers in the offseason to try and establish himself as a leader.......We will need for Cousin to be clutch until Griff is ready!!!!!
rizzy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You play him when he is healthy, if he is cleared he should play.
NHL-Capitals
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one can tell when RG3 is back on the field, it's too early.

We should just have low expectations in 2013 and let RG3's knee (and muscles around it) get healthy.

I hope he is back when he has fully recovered and has developed chemistry with the team, no matter if Cousins is playing well or not, but I am afraid that he hurries up if Cousins does not win.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
This is what you do...

You draft a Rookie in THIS DRAFT (whomever is maybe there in the 5th rd..tyler bray?...Landry Jones?..whomever) Maybe re-sign Rex or another vet.

Go into preseason games giving LOTS of time to cousins, then the other *new* rookie & maybe rex for cleanup work.

You sit RG3 ALL preseason (even if he can play)

You play Cousins & give him a chance to light it up in Pre Season..look good,etc.

Then When WK-1 comes...You put Cousins on the trade block for a 2014 draft pick If not try to trade him before the season begins if there are injuries.

I have little doubt, he could net us a 2nd rd draft choice or more, if he looks very promising.
TRADE HIM!

WK-1 rolls around.

Start RG3
Rookie backs up RG3, with Rex or other Veteran in the 3rd spot. (this could be vice versa as well) depending how the coaches like the rookie.

Cousins is not going to want to be RG3's backup for his entire career. He believes he can start in this league & I agree with him.

Trade him now....while you can get something for him. Otherwise, we will lose him for zilch.
But 1st, we much showcase him.
Now is our chance with RG3 recovering from injury.

Either way, I'm of the position that whatever we do....

We need to have 3 QB's on the roster come opening Season.
If for nothing else...than just a precaution.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
No.
This is what you do...

You draft a Rookie in THIS DRAFT (whomever is maybe there in the 5th rd..tyler bray?...Landry Jones?..whomever) Maybe re-sign Rex or another vet.

Go into preseason games giving LOTS of time to cousins, then the other *new* rookie & maybe rex for cleanup work.

You play Cousins & give him a chance to light it up in Pre Season..look good,etc.

Then When WK-1 comes...You put Cousins on the trade block for a 2014 draft pick If not try to trade him before the season begins if there are injuries.

I have little doubt, he could net us a 2nd rd draft choice or more, if he looks very promising.
TRADE HIM!

WK-1 rolls around.

Start RG3
Rookie backs up RG3, with Rex or other Veteran in the 3rd spot. (this could be vice versa as well) depending how the coaches like the rookie.

Cousins is not going to want to be RG3's backup for his entire career. He believes he can start in this league & I agree with him.

Trade him now....while you can get something for him. Otherwise, we will lose him for zilch.

I like the sound of that, but that is only if we get another QB with the skills of Cousins and happens to fall in our hands.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
No.
This is what you do...

TRADE HIM!

WK-1 rolls around.

Start RG3

There is no way I would endorse this. Rg3 would still be coming off a major knee injury and we couldn't risk losing Cousins at this point. There is no way we should be in the market for a QB this season after spending so much on two last year.

I don't even see us re-signing Grossman. We will probably go with a cheaper, younger FA for the practice squad or an udfa to develop on the practice squad and just roll with Counsins and Rg3 this season.

If something bad were to happen, Grossman will always be a phone call away, no one is going to be interested in him as a back up.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very worried about rg3. I feel like this season will be down.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Very worried about rg3. I feel like this season will be down.
So you have no faith in Cousins leading us to a respectable record or that Rg3 might miss a month or 2 but could take over a .500 team and lead us back to the playoffs?

Our team should be better than last year's team. We are getting a lot of players back off injury who we thought would be starters this time last year like Helu, Orakpo, Carriker and Meriweather and we still might get Fred Davis back.

On top of that, I still expect us to upgrade CB and FS, through the draft and with FA's after the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: