Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why do the Steelers keep there 1st round pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
LOL whatever you say Barney Stinson

Thats a major insult to Barney!!! Not cool.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've banned Troofax. In his short time here he has done nothing but cause problems. Trolling and insults aren't tolerated here.

I also want to add that next time a new member comes on to cause problems, don't sink to their level. Don't derail topics with more trolling and other garbage. Contact your moderators to handle the problem and stick to football.

Now please get back to football. If you have comments or questions, send me a PM.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best trade partner would be the 49ers with all the extra picks they have (not including comp picks). Again, like I said earlier in this thread and the person before me had brought up, desperate teams are the most likely to move up and maybe outside of Dallas, all the desperate teams pick in the Top 10-15 and for good reason.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I think the best trade partner would be the 49ers with all the extra picks they have (not including comp picks). Again, like I said earlier in this thread and the person before me had brought up, desperate teams are the most likely to move up and maybe outside of Dallas, all the desperate teams pick in the Top 10-15 and for good reason.

Think St Louis and Minnesota are a possiblility with their 2 first round picks.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Think St Louis and Minnesota are a possiblility with their 2 first round picks.

That is also true!
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be a player they want to move up for. I still feel that Warmack will be there at 17 for possible trade bait as well as all of the WR.

The problem is that there are about 8-12 real impact players in this draft. After that the picks are about the same level of talent or flaws until about pick 50.

How much is Warmack better than Cooper or Warford? Enough to trade picks? Now Someone might move up for a Te since there is Eifert then everyone else. Or the Steelers might take him for just that reason.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
There has to be a player they want to move up for. I still feel that Warmack will be there at 17 for possible trade bait as well as all of the WR.

The problem is that there are about 8-12 real impact players in this draft. After that the picks are about the same level of talent or flaws until about pick 50.

How much is Warmack better than Cooper or Warford? Enough to trade picks? Now Someone might move up for a Te since there is Eifert then everyone else. Or the Steelers might take him for just that reason.

Yepp, I agree with this. Doubtful, but maybe a guy like Star or Jarvis that is falling due to medical reasons. But if they fall that far, then probably everyone is concerned. I think a QB would be our best bet, and there aren't many worth taking at our pick either unless they drastically reach.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

Honestly, you bring up a really good point in this post jebrick. The thought I keep having that, until now, I haven't said outloud is that if someone trades up, I believe it's going to be for Eifert and there are a few teams out there that may do this. The Giants and Falcons (despite having T.G. back) are candidates for drafting a TE, but also, despite what theyve done in Free Agency, I think the Bears are too. The other team I think is possible but unlikely since I think they'll take Lacy, is Green Bay. If there truly is that many people that decide they truly want Eifert, given where the Giants/Bears are in the draft, we're a prime position for a trade up from someone.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WW: Im sorry I can't see someone giving up a draft pick to get a TE. Yes, they are more involved in offenses now than before, but I cant see it happening. My guess is they will 'settle' for Ertz.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, someone falls in love with a player. If San Fran fell in love with Patterson and he was there they would move up. That is what we do not know.

And it does not have to be logical. Why would team (fill in the blank) want to move up? They love player (blank) and must have him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@WW: Im sorry I can't see someone giving up a draft pick to get a TE. Yes, they are more involved in offenses now than before, but I cant see it happening. My guess is they will 'settle' for Ertz.

My point was more of the class depth at other positions. WR, safety, Oline and d-line are fairly deep. TE has one standout and the other guys.

wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

Eifert and Ertz could both be off the board before every team I listed picks. I'm not saying they will be but it's possible two of those teams pick up a TE in the 1st round. Now, is it likely or realistic someone moves up to get Eifert? No, but you can't deny the value of a solid playmaking TE in the NFL these days.

Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowki, Aaron Hernandez, Tony Gonzalez, the up & coming Pettigrew, Jason Witten, the list goes on and on. Teams who do not have a playmaking TE are missing an vital part of offense. Furthermore however, the 49ers or another team in need of a #1/#2 WR could very well trade up for Allen or Patterson or even Hopkins/Hunter depending on how much they like a guy (as stated above). There are definitely options and I don't think I've ever seen a drat that didn't include multiple trades. People wanting to go back and people wanting to go forward.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still though, this draft is filled with players in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds with talent. That is where this draft shines, so who would want to get rid of one of those picks for someone who isn't a special 1st round talent, especially at a position that isn't highly sought after as first round picks.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Still though, this draft is filled with players in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds with talent. That is where this draft shines, so who would want to get rid of one of those picks for someone who isn't a special 1st round talent, especially at a position that isn't highly sought after as first round picks.

You're not understanding the point...it's not what you think of the draft...it's what that team does.

SF is stacked with picks and few holes...they can afford to burn a few in a trade up for a guy they covet.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

You're not understanding the point...it's not what you think of the draft...it's what that team does.

SF is stacked with picks and few holes...they can afford to burn a few in a trade up for a guy they covet.

Very true. I can see SF make a trade up like that to get someone they covet. Don't they have like 13 picks?

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: