Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Huff signs with Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madtown wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Madtown wrote:
Madtown wrote:
Counter to Dunderhead, I had him, Ngata, and Hawk as the three guys I was hoping for. Truth be told, I probably had the order as Huff, Ngata, and Hawk.

So I have a soft spot for him, but honestly have barely seen him play. If they Pack signed him, I'd have faith that the Raiders must have screwed him. If they don't, I'll just assume that he's no good.

Hindsight 20/20, Ngata was obviously the way to go, but he just wasn't sold as the all-around difference-making stud that he is.

Only issue anyone had with Ngata was the motor. He fell into an ideal system for his flaws. Not like your going to take a play off with Lewis standing at your back. Being in the right room often means all the difference in the world. One of the big reasons why I hate the "bust" tag. Not like these kids come out of school looking to bust. Finding the right home and injuries often play a HUGE part. Now if they don't give a damn or work on their craft after they get paid...................

Yeah, without knowing we were going to turn to a 3-4 the next year, that would have been a controversial pick.

As it is now, what do you think of Huff? Is he worth bringing in? I really have no idea of what he can bring to the table.

No weak spots in his game but nothing real special there at this point either. At times will walk away from dropping the hat on a RB with a head of steam also. Plays the bigs well though and is a HUGE plus with a athletic TE on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, not another player reputed to be targeted by TT. Rolling Eyes I ain't gonna hold my breath. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Oh no, not another player reputed to be targeted by TT. Rolling Eyes I ain't gonna hold my breath. Sad

Though I would agree, it should be said that TT has a habit of taking a second look at those he had his eye on draft weekend. Being that the Packers had such a high pick that year there is a good chance TT took a very long look at Huff.

Just sayin!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Though I would agree, it should be said that TT has a habit of taking a second look at those he had his eye on draft weekend. Being that the Packers had such a high pick that year there is a good chance TT took a very long look at Huff.

Just sayin!

I guess after the hubbub with Jackson I don't want to get my hopes up, that's all. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I get it.

LIS, was just sayin.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember thinking when Huff came out, "he'll be great if every team starts running the option." He DESTROYED it in college.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff is solid, I think it would be a good sign
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely wanted either Hawk or Huff on draft day.

I like the idea of signing safeties with experience and drafting other positions, where the learning curve may not be as long. I would really like this signing, assuming the money is reasonable.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Yeah, when one of the other teams linked to him is Dallas, I'm not expecting much to come of this.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen many Oakland games in recent years, but I like Huffs style in this fit. Safety needs some help and we could certainly use a better TE matchup on D.

None of this matters though because he won't be a Packer.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Yeah, when one of the other teams linked to him is Dallas, I'm not expecting much to come of this.

DAL has less than a million in cap space.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'd hurt to bring him in. If we could get him for maybe 2-3 mil a year I wouldn't mind as long as he didn't blow it in TC.
bigKev2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely go along with a decision to sign Huff
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Oh no, not another player reputed to be targeted by TT. :roll: I ain't gonna hold my breath. :(

DAL has less than a million in cap space.

They've got to do something anyway, that's not even enough to sign a single draft pick (let alone the entire draft), and you generally want to be going into the season with at least 2m in cap space in case you need to sign guys off the street because guys get injured.
SDN40

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from a guy that used to go to church that Huff is in contact with Woodson to get the "no BS straight up truth."

But seriously if there is more than 1 other team interested, there might as well be 31 other teams interested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: