Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Huff signs with Ravens
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hinkle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Michael Huff signs with Ravens Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 5m

#Ravens have a 3-year agreement in principle with safety Michael Huff.

https://twitter.com/Ravens

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.

Last edited by Hinkle on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an RB with age/injury/fumble problems that requires the ceremonial kicking of the tires to be signed for vet minimum?

Get that outta here.

Wouldn't mind it. I had a strong feeling the Packers wouldn't be building the safety position from the draft, not so sure why.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff plays DB in OAK.
Woodson was a DB in OAK.

Huff wore #24.
Woody wore #24 in OAK.

Huff is 30 yeras old.
Woody was 30 when he started his career in GB.

Huff was drafted in 2006.
Woody was signed by GB in 2006.

Both guys played their entire career in OAK before signing with GB.

That's all I got.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd be up for it just for madden reasons if nothing else

Joe on the sig
palmy50 wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Go To---SB Nation evaluation Of adams
Yeah, I'll get right on that......
PackMan22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly fits the mold we need at safety. It goes without saying that the price has got to be right.

What I would like about it is that it would really open up our options in the draft. If we get Huff for 3 years, it allows us to draft BPA. What would our major hole be going into the year if we solidified the safety position?
I would say D line, we have plenty of guys, be we don't really have that one guy who can be a game changer, especially when Raji has to play so many snaps.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff is a solid football player. But I must say I missed on that one a bit on draft day. Felt he would be a superstar!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised

we've been linked to Huff repeatedly around trade deadline time before as well

TT also was apparently high on him in the draft

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never understand why Huff went so high...

Granted, I didn't see every one of his college games, but most of his last year. The guy had really excellent range and good football smarts. In college he could certainly get in the way of a pass.

But my knock on him was his tackling. He grabbed people with his hands and pulled. I suppose that's better than say, Mays with his helmet to helmet hits, but it worried me if he would be a Packer. In the NFL I didn't believe his technique would bring down Wrs as easily and forget about Rbs.

I know for his first couple years Raider fans were angry about the "tackling", but the last few years he's worked it out and is more physical. Obviously his game is going to be the FS rather than SS and it seems like the Pack could use him.

I just don't know if he's much more that a one trick pony? That being a ball hawk who's not very physical? Is that something that would work well for Capers?
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff had the same thing that Vaccaro has in this class. Huge draft day premium on a safety that can not only play over slot, but excel over slot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counter to Dunderhead, I had him, Ngata, and Hawk as the three guys I was hoping for. Truth be told, I probably had the order as Huff, Ngata, and Hawk.

So I have a soft spot for him, but honestly have barely seen him play. If they Pack signed him, I'd have faith that the Raiders must have screwed him. If they don't, I'll just assume that he's no good.
Madtown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madtown wrote:
Counter to Dunderhead, I had him, Ngata, and Hawk as the three guys I was hoping for. Truth be told, I probably had the order as Huff, Ngata, and Hawk.

So I have a soft spot for him, but honestly have barely seen him play. If they Pack signed him, I'd have faith that the Raiders must have screwed him. If they don't, I'll just assume that he's no good.

Hindsight 20/20, Ngata was obviously the way to go, but he just wasn't sold as the all-around difference-making stud that he is.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madtown wrote:
Madtown wrote:

Hindsight 20/20, Ngata was obviously the way to go, but he just wasn't sold as the all-around difference-making stud that he is.

Only issue anyone had with Ngata was the motor. He fell into an ideal system for his flaws. Not like your going to take a play off with Lewis standing at your back. Being in the right room often means all the difference in the world. One of the big reasons why I hate the "bust" tag. Not like these kids come out of school looking to bust. Finding the right home and injuries often play a HUGE part. Now if they don't give a damn or work on their craft after they get paid...................

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I think Vaccaro is more physical though? I can see him neutralize that slot, it makes sense. I don't know if I ever thought that would be possible with Huff... And granted, there's more than one way to play that. I guess that's why I don't see Vaccaro being that one trick, I think he can alter the route or shadow because he's more physical.

When you make that slot think, advantage defense. But with Huff, I think he's just going to shadow that thing - maybe it's not all physical? Maybe it's the gambler mentality? Go for the pick.

But for the Pack, Huff would rarely be in that position, at least on the line. I could definitely see where the Packers would be interested. He's fast, pretty smart, can make a pick, and could play center field. We got Hayward for the slot so...
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Huff is a solid football player. But I must say I missed on that one a bit on draft day. Felt he would be a superstar!

Al Davis...is that you?

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Madtown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Madtown wrote:
Madtown wrote:

Only issue anyone had with Ngata was the motor. He fell into an ideal system for his flaws. Not like your going to take a play off with Lewis standing at your back. Being in the right room often means all the difference in the world. One of the big reasons why I hate the "bust" tag. Not like these kids come out of school looking to bust. Finding the right home and injuries often play a HUGE part. Now if they don't give a damn or work on their craft after they get paid...................

Yeah, without knowing we were going to turn to a 3-4 the next year, that would have been a controversial pick.

As it is now, what do you think of Huff? Is he worth bringing in? I really have no idea of what he can bring to the table.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: