Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wormís top draft prospects at positionís of need for Saints:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:
Charles Brown can hold the fort at LT.

This is what we all hope but it doesn't seem like our HC is onboard with that thought process.

Everyone keeps saying that were fine at tackle or our young unproven guys can handle it... wanna hear that after brees takes a beating. If the LT position keeps sean payton up at night, then no... Brown can't hold the fort down.

At least his HC doesn't think so...

Yes, our HC is going to be dumb enough to mention that we need an OT and a pass rusher... That's a sign saying "Please trade ahead of us if you are looking for a LT or pass rusher that is falling that you really like and think we would too" I'm sure we will address these positions but I severely doubt they keep him up at night like he said. I'd take one of the projected midround OTs that I expect to be able to be there and perform early on.

I disagree... I don't think it was a smoke screen or Payton being coy. I think he has a legit concern over those two positions and he should. It really don't matter what teams behind us think because I think Payton understands that were not in a position to do anything (via trade) anyways.

The logical thing for the Saints to do would be to sit there at 15 and take the best outside edge rusher on their board but in the case that Johnson happens to fall... he isn't closing any doors.

Especially to all the loyal Saints fans who just absoutly believe the Saints will not pick an offensive player at 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the Saints could take an offensive player at 15, but it would be stupid. We just had the worst defense in NFL history, id cry if we drafted an offensive player at 15.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Of course the Saints could take an offensive player at 15, but it would be stupid. We just had the worst defense in NFL history, id cry if we drafted an offensive player at 15.

Keep a box of Kleenex nearby when you watch the draft then Laughing

^NS922 on the sig^
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Keep a box of Kleenex nearby when you watch the draft then Laughing

This.

Like, you DO know SP right? He spends his nights watching college game film with Mickey Loomis, drooling over first round offensive talent.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
wow_junky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may only need an average LT to cover Brees, but if we can't pick one up in the draft I do not fancy our chances this season. Our current tackles on the roster have too many injury question marks for my liking. Of course, they could all shake off the injury bug and Jones/Harris turn out to be serviceable, but it's definitely a concern
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else get the feeling that outside of the Nnamdi offer, that the Saints are done in free agency till after the draft?

Speaking of the Nnamdi offer... If he chooses San Fran, does that put us back in play for Xavier Rhodes at 15 if available?

Seems like they would be content with the Nnamdi signing heading into the draft and plug hole with what's left Of free agency after they see what they land in April.

Thoughts...

Porter22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Anybody else get the feeling that outside of the Nnamdi offer, that the Saints are done in free agency till after the draft?

Speaking of the Nnamdi offer... If he chooses San Fran, does that put us back in play for Xavier Rhodes at 15 if available?

Seems like they would be content with the Nnamdi signing heading into the draft and plug hole with what's left Of free agency after they see what they land in April.

Thoughts...

No IMO. Nnamdi would be a great addition but we would cut/trade either Greer or Robinson then. If we can't get him, we're set at corner (at least for the first 4 rounds).

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
thesolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Thoughts...

No IMO. Nnamdi would be a great addition but we would cut/trade either Greer or Robinson then. If we can't get him, we're set at corner (at least for the first 4 rounds).

Rob Ryan doesn't think we are set at corner. The Saints visit with Sanders Commings. A 6'2 216 pound CB who runs a 4.41. So Xavier Rhodes could be a possibility.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
thesolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
As been stated we can find a LT for him later or even use one of the guys we have now. If we go offense in the first round it needs to be a WR like Keenan Allen or maybe a TE like Eifert, but in no way do we go OL in the 1st.

You don't thinl Nick Toon and Joe Morgan is the future?

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Porter22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Thoughts...

Rob Ryan doesn't think we are set at corner. The Saints visit with Sanders Commings. A 6'2 216 pound CB who runs a 4.41. So Xavier Rhodes could be a possibility.
Watch the bolded! Vists doesn't mean a lot also. We talked to Tyler Wilson at the combine but won't draft him in the first!

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Sean Payton has gone offense in the past but he's made it QUITE clear that he was disgusted with the "defense" we played last year. I'd be shocked if we didn't draft a defensive player in the first round.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Raves wrote:
As been stated we can find a LT for him later or even use one of the guys we have now. If we go offense in the first round it needs to be a WR like Keenan Allen or maybe a TE like Eifert, but in no way do we go OL in the 1st.

You don't thinl Nick Toon and Joe Morgan is the future?

I like Nick Toon, just think Keenan Allen is a different level of player. I think Toon would be best to replace someone like Lance Moore than being a true #1 or #2 like Allen could be. Joe Morgan, nope not really. But the fact Allen can be a deep threat makes Morgan unnecessary.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Yes, Sean Payton has gone offense in the past but he's made it QUITE clear that he was disgusted with the "defense" we played last year. I'd be shocked if we didn't draft a defensive player in the first round.

He's also made it quite clear that he's very concerned with the LT position as well... just saying

thesolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
thesolution wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Thoughts...

Watch the bolded! Vists doesn't mean a lot also. We talked to Tyler Wilson at the combine but won't draft him in the first!

If Drew Brees was 37 instead of 34 then visiting with Wilson could mean a big deal. You think we set at corner. Rob Ryan defense is built on physical press corners. I think it's his call.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
thesolution wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Thoughts...

If Drew Brees was 37 instead of 34 then visiting with Wilson could mean a big deal. You think we set at corner. Rob Ryan defense is built on physical press corners. I think it's his call.

I really don't believe that Ryan is satisfied with the corner situation here either... Lewis was a start but the intrest in Nnamdi is more than just a good opportunity. Ryan feels this team doesn't have what he needs at the position. I don't think he's sold on Robinson and White and while Greer is a scrappy man cover corner, he lacks the size and physicality Ryan covets and has a high cap number as well has he's getting up in age.

If Nnamdi was signed, I see it as a swap... Nnamdi for Greer (Greer to be traded or cut). One aging corner for another but at least Nnamdi fits with what Ryan wants and Ryan is comfortable in him. If we fail to land Nnamdi, that still does not change Ryan's obvious concern for the position... It actually amplifies it in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: