Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Sign Ryan Fitzpatrick To A 2 Year Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So is that it for Locker? Or is Fitz the backup? I really liked Jake and wanted him badly in Jacksonville

Fitzy is purely the backup. Just a pretty good backup.

Makes sense, I'd like to see Locker stick around

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So is that it for Locker? Or is Fitz the backup? I really liked Jake and wanted him badly in Jacksonville

But with Lockers injury concerns this makes a lot of sense. And even if he doesn't get injured he'll be pushed knowing he's got a QB ready to take his spot if he struggles
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

But with Lockers injury concerns this makes a lot of sense. And even if he doesn't get injured he'll be pushed knowing he's got a QB ready to take his spot if he struggles

I can see the point you're trying to make... but from everything I've gotten from Jake, it's not a motivation thing. He seems to be self motivated... a leader with a great work ethic. A better backup QB shouldn't motivate him any better. (If he struggles, its going to be either injuries... or accuracy)...

There are pros and cons to this move. The biggest pro being that we now have a younger, more diverse QB to step in if Jake gets hurt. Worst case scenario... we have a guy going into next season that can start for a year while the new coaching staff gets their guy (worst case scenario meaning Jake bombs, gets cut, and the staff gets fired).

The cons being that Hass was a good teacher behind Locker. We don't know if/how Fitzpatrick will play in that role. He is Harvard educated man... so I have to assume he's a smart guy, and hopefully that can help Jake in some way.

Bottom line is we now have a backup who's averaged 3400 yards and 24 TDs the past 3 years (and 200 yards rushing). He may not be an ideal starter, but he's more than capable to do it (and comes QB cheap at 3.25M/year)...

... and the whole Fitzmagic nickname thing is pretty cool...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm just happy to finally have a backup QB who doesn't qualify for AARP. At least now whenever he gets hit, you won't see dust flying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: