Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Timothy Tebow QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no interest in tebow on the Steelers. To me he just doesn't fit.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see how he is going to improve our running game and he sure as heck is not going to do anything for our passing game. No thank you.
Dracula58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may not be the best QB in the world but he has enough skill to be a #2 and win some games for you, what more are you looking for from your #2 QB? More of joke as to what people think your second string QB is or should be all pro or something.

I have no issues with it... The only baggage is the baggage created by the media and fans that take issue with his personal beliefs... IMO he has no baggage.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracula58 wrote:
He may not be the best QB in the world but he has enough skill to be a #2 and win some games for you, what more are you looking for from your #2 QB? More of joke as to what people think your second string QB is or should be all pro or something.

I have no issues with it... The only baggage is the baggage created by the media and fans that take issue with his personal beliefs... IMO he has no baggage.

No, he isnt a quality number 2 QB.

He had one fluke year and he wasnt even nearly as good as the wins might suggest. His defense carried him all the way and he made a few plays at the end of games, despite sucking the rest of the game. The offense was specifically built around his skills in the 2nd half of that season to hide his obvious lack of talent as an NFL QB. We dont run a gimmick offense here and I doubt Haley would want to have to change up the entire offense just to cater to a guy who is one of the worst passers in the league. In the playoff game vs us, all he did was throw deep passes to a wide open DMT, which had alot more to do with our inability to properly gameplan and adjust.

On top of that, his prescence is a distraction. Not that he himself is the distraction, but the media just makes too much out of it.

Tebow would make a few plays here and there with his legs, but put him in this offense for any extended period of time, and youll be begging for us to put Ramon Foster in at QB.
Dracula58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dracula58 wrote:

No, he isnt a quality number 2 QB.

He had one fluke year and he wasnt even nearly as good as the wins might suggest. His defense carried him all the way and he made a few plays at the end of games, despite sucking the rest of the game. The offense was specifically built around his skills in the 2nd half of that season to hide his obvious lack of talent as an NFL QB. We dont run a gimmick offense here and I doubt Haley would want to have to change up the entire offense just to cater to a guy who is one of the worst passers in the league. In the playoff game vs us, all he did was throw deep passes to a wide open DMT, which had alot more to do with our inability to properly gameplan and adjust.

On top of that, his prescence is a distraction. Not that he himself is the distraction, but the media just makes too much out of it.

Tebow would make a few plays here and there with his legs, but put him in this offense for any extended period of time, and youll be begging for us to put Ramon Foster in at QB.

I don't agree with you at all... So we will agree to disagree.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I'd be interested in him as hybrid #3 QB/TE/FB/Goal line punisher. I would never want Ben off the field, only Tebow added to the offense at a different position. That would force the defense to account for him.

Is he a distraction? Sure, but I think much of the hype has faded. He wouldn't have nearly the circus in Pittsburgh that he had in NY.

Do I really want him? No, not really. But it's fun to think of ways to open up the offense.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracula58 wrote:

id rather have Batch or Gradkowski as the #2. One guy beat us the year after we won the Super Bowl on the raiders and one guy beat the Ravens in Baltimore last year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: