Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best "insider/blog" mock draft (Post your favorite
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this draft
A
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
D
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
If you rate Star as highly as most do (iI don't) and he falls to 9 you have to take him. You're all being too narrow minded about our defensive scheme. A player like Star is similar to what we already have in Wilkerson, capable of playing the 5 tech, in three man fronts (and can move to the middle on passing down situations) and in a four man front can pretty much line up at any of the 4 spots across the line (not saying he should play outside, but he can). You have to admit that a 4 man front with Wilkerson and another stud draft pick inside with Coples on the outside is pretty damn scary.

I'm definitely not agreeing with the pick because I'm not the biggest fan of Star, just defending the logic of taking that kind of player that high.

If he is such amazing value at 9, then we should trade the pick. We would be able to get a nice package in return.

2nd that
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Star pick. He's not a can't-miss prospect, it's not like we have to take him regardless of our team's needs because he's THAT good. D-line is the only strong spot on our team and we just invested our past two first round picks in defensive lineman. I would be furious with this pick.

I think when it's all said and done, we will have pick #9 and #13 and trade down at least once. I really like Vaccaro and we have a need at free safety. Although he isn't a highlight reel hitter (which people place too much emphasis on), he's excellent in coverage, has good speed and size, reacts to the flow of the ball quicker than any safety I've ever scouted, and can cover the slot as well. He can match up with any of Gronk, Hernandez, and Amendola. I definitely would like to take him if we end up having two firsts.

With the other pick, I would like to get either a wide receiver or pass rusher depending who's on the board. If we stayed at 9, I would be cool with Jordan, Mingo, Patterson, and Jones ONLY IF our team doctors clear him. I would only be cool with Ansah if everyone I just mentioned was off the board but I think we'll end up having our choice of pass rushers. I also really want to take DeAndre Hopkins but we might have to trade up to get him, I doubt he makes it to 39.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
I hate the Star pick. He's not a can't-miss prospect, it's not like we have to take him regardless of our team's needs because he's THAT good. D-line is the only strong spot on our team and we just invested our past two first round picks in defensive lineman. I would be furious with this pick.

I think when it's all said and done, we will have pick #9 and #13 and trade down at least once. I really like Vaccaro and we have a need at free safety. Although he isn't a highlight reel hitter (which people place too much emphasis on), he's excellent in coverage, has good speed and size, reacts to the flow of the ball quicker than any safety I've ever scouted, and can cover the slot as well. He can match up with any of Gronk, Hernandez, and Amendola. I definitely would like to take him if we end up having two firsts.

With the other pick, I would like to get either a wide receiver or pass rusher depending who's on the board. If we stayed at 9, I would be cool with Jordan, Mingo, Patterson, and Jones ONLY IF our team doctors clear him. I would only be cool with Ansah if everyone I just mentioned was off the board but I think we'll end up having our choice of pass rushers. I also really want to take DeAndre Hopkins but we might have to trade up to get him, I doubt he makes it to 39.

I like Justin Hunter a lot, he reminds me of a MUCH more polished Stephen Hill, a tad slower but great size and experience lining up at all 3 WR spots.... I wouldnt be upset if we took Hunter over a guy like Keenan Allen if we find ourselves picking late in the 1st.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
skrILL wrote:

I like Justin Hunter a lot, he reminds me of a MUCH more polished Stephen Hill, a tad slower but great size and experience lining up at all 3 WR spots.... I wouldnt be upset if we took Hunter over a guy like Keenan Allen if we find ourselves picking late in the 1st.

Hunter doesn't move all that well in small spaces. Not a great fit for the WCO.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Revis4president

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id bet a million dollars we dont pick one of those guys....

Not saying there not good prospects, but its the direction i do not think the jets go.

Star? If you value the defensive talent in this draft specially at the OLB position, at pick 9 even if star is available, one of these guys will "Jones, Mingo, Jordan, Ansah will be there." Even if Star is available, I value these guys higher as it is. DT in my mind is pretty loaded this year. Star has a few injury woes as well. I dont feel comfortable taking him there. We need a pass rusher.

Lacy? I like Lacy alot, but I just don't see the jets interest in him right now. After the goodson signing, I feel as if the jets dont see running back as a major need. Powell and Goodson will do just fine. Throw in a 4-6 round pick running back if you want but not in the 2nd.

Bray? I dont mind taking this guy if its in the 4th round. I was a fan of him in the beginning but the more and more i see his fundamental woes, accuracy and other issues, I see the jets valuing guys like Wilson, Nassib, and Glennon higher. Bray is a project and has potential with his cannon but I dont see the jets as a team interested. I wouldn't mind taking the guy but the raiders are interested to so they will probably waste a 2nd rounder on the guy.

Mathieu? I wouldnt be opposed to this pick, but I just dont see the jets doing it. They are rebuilding right now, and they may not take a chance on a guy with significant character issues. Idzik, I think is trying to develop a team that values the team before itself, for that degree i think they may pass. Either way I see a team probably reaching for him in the 3rd. Sounds suprising but I wouldnt doubt it with his athleticism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: