Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HakeemTheDream's Post-FA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Where is he at with his health?

Ahead of schedule on his recovery. Going to have a full workout on April 20th.

Really have to see how he performs in his private workout. If he blows it up, he could go top 15 to the saints. Ideally, that pushes another player down our way, like Rhodes or Sheldon Richardson.

I like Brian Winters in the 4-5 if we can't get Barret Jones with our 3rd.

Well the Saints are actually transitioning to a 3-4 defense this year and I think Tank is definitely a pure 4-3 pass rusher, so I think that the teams that could take him before us are Tennessee, Miami, Tampa Bay, and Dallas. Don't think I see him being in that borderine top 10 pick however, and I think Dallas needs to focus on their OL as a top 2 guard prospect could probably fall to them. But I would certainly not complain with Richardson or Rhodes.
Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
#tradeforclowney
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:
HakeemTheDream wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Where is he at with his health?

Ahead of schedule on his recovery. Going to have a full workout on April 20th.

Really have to see how he performs in his private workout. If he blows it up, he could go top 15 to the saints. Ideally, that pushes another player down our way, like Rhodes or Sheldon Richardson.

I like Brian Winters in the 4-5 if we can't get Barret Jones with our 3rd.

Well the Saints are actually transitioning to a 3-4 defense this year and I think Tank is definitely a pure 4-3 pass rusher, so I think that the teams that could take him before us are Tennessee, Miami, Tampa Bay, and Dallas. Don't think I see him being in that borderine top 10 pick however, and I think Dallas needs to focus on their OL as a top 2 guard prospect could probably fall to them. But I would certainly not complain with Richardson or Rhodes.

Yea they are moving to a 3-4, but teams that could take him if he really blows up are Carolina or Dallas. Dallas is moving to a 4-3 and I know they have Ware and Spencer but they need to get solid 4-3 pieces and Spencer is probably gone after this year anyway.

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say jerseyboy257, my ideal targets in order is pretty much what you've got in your sig. I think Arthur Brown is worth a 1st round pick, and I'd rather have him than Ogletree, personally. Complete LB who can play in the middle or outside. I highly doubt Brown can make it to the Giants in the 2nd round. In fact, I think there's a better chance Ogletree is around for our 2nd pick than Brown.

The only real threats for Carradine are Miami and Tampa Bay. Carolina has Johnson and Hardy, Rams have Quinn and Long, Cowboys have Ware and Spencer. The rest of the teams in the 10-19 range are 3-4 teams, and Carradine doesn't carry as much value in that scheme. He's a pure 4-3 DE. 12 and 13 are our biggest threats. Hopefully the Dolphins throw some more money at one of those vet DEs in free agency. But if Revis doesn't go to Tampa, they pretty much have to draft a CB. I think Tank has a solid chance to be there at 19 if he has a great workout.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
I must say jerseyboy257, my ideal targets in order is pretty much what you've got in your sig. I think Arthur Brown is worth a 1st round pick, and I'd rather have him than Ogletree, personally. Complete LB who can play in the middle or outside. I highly doubt Brown can make it to the Giants in the 2nd round. In fact, I think there's a better chance Ogletree is around for our 2nd pick than Brown.

The only real threats for Carradine are Miami and Tampa Bay. Carolina has Johnson and Hardy, Rams have Quinn and Long, Cowboys have Ware and Spencer. The rest of the teams in the 10-19 range are 3-4 teams, and Carradine doesn't carry as much value in that scheme. He's a pure 4-3 DE. 12 and 13 are our biggest threats. Hopefully the Dolphins throw some more money at one of those vet DEs in free agency. But if Revis doesn't go to Tampa, they pretty much have to draft a CB. I think Tank has a solid chance to be there at 19 if he has a great workout.

I'm glad we're on the same boat Smile I agree with Brown, especially after his pro-day and the success of "non-ideal" sized players in the NFL, he'll be a first rounder for sure. I think there's a very good chance the Steelers take him at 17, and if not Minnesota, Indianapolis, St Louis, Texans, Falcons, and Ravens should all be in play if he's not the Giants selection. I'd also like to throw in a wildcard pick for the Giants, that I don't think I see happening, but just want to throw it out there. And no, it's not Datone Jones or Margus Hunt. Slyvester Williams. I personally don't think I'd want to spend a high pick on a DT unless Sheldon was to fall, but he seems like a player who's rising recently and we all know how those late risers fare come draft day--they come early. Todd Mcshay has Williams ranked as his 2nd best DT on his bigboard. NFL post draft analyst Russ Lande has Williams ranked as his 2nd highest DT as well, behind Star Lotulelei, and 10th overall. He also went on to say that "some teams" have Sly Williams ranked ahead of Sharrif Floyd, who's often mocked in top 5 consideration, if not top 3. Lande also went on to say the following:
Quote:

"An extremely gifted athlete with rare playing strength, competitiveness and initial quickness, Williams is viewed as one of the most versatile defensive linemen in the 2013 Draft. Teams are impressed with Williamsí ability to be a dominating player from any defensive alignment and are constantly impressed by his hustle to chase down plays that few defensive tackles make the effort to try to."

In such an unpredictable draft class, I guess nothing can be taken for granted yet.
Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
#tradeforclowney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: