Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft: Running back.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I disagree with a word of that, Madtown.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Madtown wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I like Montee's fit the best. Great vision, good in pass pro, very natural receiver.

X2

My big board begins with

1) Lacy
2) Ball

And it's a very close 2nd.

Very much so this. I would not pass on Lacy's god given talent for Ball. But Ball sure looks the part in every way for this Packers system and brings better board value. One could also make a strong case that the fit matters at RB every bit as much as any other position on the football field. Ball might not be a high end talent but he fits the system to a T.

How far do you see Ball falling? I'd love him in the late 2nd, and Lacy in the early second. I don't think we can get Lacy by trading down. I think we can get Ball at our #2 pick. Am I wrong? And I don't think we can get him at our #3.

I'm sorry, but I really see Ball as a high impact rookie on this team. He's not going to be AD, but I see him as a real weapon for 6 or 7 years.

They graded out much closer for me than some might think. One HUGE draft day difference though. Lacy can play and excel in any system and in that will have every horse in that race. Ball needs the right home or he is just a guy. Reason to think Ball could be there at a value mark. Doubt that's the case for Lacy.

When Wisconsin's O line struggled run blocking early last season Ball didn't look so hot so I am concerned Montee might have problems behind OUR line. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistake post

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

Last edited by Gilbert Burger on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy, are there any guys you could see later in the weekend who could excel as a third down back in Mac's fit? I don't see Green killing that role yet and it wouldn't hurt to add some competition. I just wouldn't be able to accurately say who takes pride in his blocking a la Brandon Jackson with the ability to catch the football.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Palmy, are there any guys you could see later in the weekend who could excel as a third down back in Mac's fit? I don't see Green killing that role yet and it wouldn't hurt to add some competition. I just wouldn't be able to accurately say who takes pride in his blocking a la Brandon Jackson with the ability to catch the football.

One kid not getting talked about that I feel could be a real stud in this area is Miguel Maysonet. Kid is short and comes from a small school. But he is tough as nails and might have the best set of hands in this RB class.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone think Ball is a great fit? His offesnive line made some of the biggest holes I have ever seen! Something our line does not excell in. He's not exactly the quickest/fastest or most powerful back either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy- Interesting you mentioned RB Maysonet. Believe the Pack were one of teams checking him out??

Your thought on Bell hadn't crossed my mind before.....(taking over Kuhn's role). Guess that's partly because when saw Tomlin and his staff were checking him out at Pro Day, had thought maybe they were looking for their next "Bus" (Jerome Bettis).......

I don't get the fans against Ball. I'm maybe the hardest critic on Badger players, as I overly fight against being a homer when it comes to evals. Ball to me is different from the other RBs to come out of the UW system in recent years. Not much I can add on him that hasn't already been said.

However, for those that think he's slow and everything else negative, there is two things he has that can't be taught.....Vision and Intangibles.....This is a piece I posted on our new Pack website after his Pro Day...... snippet from Wis. St. Journal:

Today's Wis. St. Journal on Ball: Some scouts averaged his 40 to 4.53, but his fastest 40 will go on the Big Boards at 4.46. Besides the 40, Ball also lowered his shuttle from 4.40 to 4.11.

Good article on him on how he plays with a chip on his shoulder and is always working hard to prove people wrong about him....geez remind of you anyone?? Aaron Rodgers. Always like these kind of players and depending how the draft goes, would not be surprised to see Ball in Green and Gold.

Nice pic of Ball with Thompson and new scout Dotson.

TT had most of his staff with him(including Elliot Wolf) there. But the funny thing is as a friend of mine told me, Most go with because Thompson's treats at Parthenons...(A Gyro place down town)

Don't know how many know this now or if it's old news for everyone, but Ball was sick at the combine, taking meds for a really bad sinus infection and didn't run the 40 until the end of the day...

If working his combine numbers they don't excite, but when re-working his numbers from his Pro Day it backs up more what was seen on the field.

I still have Lacy number 1 like most here, but not much distance between Lacy and Ball.
Madtown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Why does everyone think Ball is a great fit? His offesnive line made some of the biggest holes I have ever seen! Something our line does not excell in. He's not exactly the quickest/fastest or most powerful back either.

I was looking all season for negatives to Ball's game because I didn't trust the WI RB in the pro game, but I didn't find it. The man has decent size, good burst, and absolutely great vision and instincts. This year's Badgers o-line was not your typical Badgers o-line. For a change, I think Ball actually made his line look better than they were.

The thing I'm excited about is his ability to find the lane and hit it. And he has the ability to know what he needs to get and makes great decisions. If he needs to get a first, he'll find a way to get it. If he has the opportunity to spin or stiff-arm a DB's face into the ground to spur a big gain, he'll do it.

Like I said, he's not going to be AD. But in this offense, he could be really productive for the next 6-7 years.

Last edited by Madtown on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His photo is plastered on buses in town.

I don't need any other reason to think he will be a good NFL runningback.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
Palmy- Interesting you mentioned RB Maysonet. Believe the Pack were one of teams checking him out??

Your thought on Bell hadn't crossed my mind before.....(taking over Kuhn's role). Guess that's partly because when saw Tomlin and his staff were checking him out at Pro Day, had thought maybe they were looking for their next "Bus" (Jerome Bettis).......

I don't get the fans against Ball. I'm maybe the hardest critic on Badger players, as I overly fight against being a homer when it comes to evals. Ball to me is different from the other RBs to come out of the UW system in recent years. Not much I can add on him that hasn't already been said.

However, for those that think he's slow and everything else negative, there is two things he has that can't be taught.....Vision and Intangibles.....This is a piece I posted on our new Pack website after his Pro Day...... snippet from Wis. St. Journal:

Today's Wis. St. Journal on Ball: Some scouts averaged his 40 to 4.53, but his fastest 40 will go on the Big Boards at 4.46. Besides the 40, Ball also lowered his shuttle from 4.40 to 4.11.

Good article on him on how he plays with a chip on his shoulder and is always working hard to prove people wrong about him....geez remind of you anyone?? Aaron Rodgers. Always like these kind of players and depending how the draft goes, would not be surprised to see Ball in Green and Gold.

Nice pic of Ball with Thompson and new scout Dotson.

TT had most of his staff with him(including Elliot Wolf) there. But the funny thing is as a friend of mine told me, Most go with because Thompson's treats at Parthenons...(A Gyro place down town)

Don't know how many know this now or if it's old news for everyone, but Ball was sick at the combine, taking meds for a really bad sinus infection and didn't run the 40 until the end of the day...

If working his combine numbers they don't excite, but when re-working his numbers from his Pro Day it backs up more what was seen on the field.

I still have Lacy number 1 like most here, but not much distance between Lacy and Ball.

I would not fight ya on a word of that. And YES, when asked what team he felt had the most interest in him, Maysonet's reply was the Green Bay Packers. No clue when they talked but clearly they did at some point. Has a agent with strong Green Bay ties as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
Parthenons

Want so badly right now and I'm a thousand miles away. Thanks! Crying or Very sad

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

I would not fight ya on a word of that. And YES, when asked what team he felt had the most interest in him, Maysonet's reply was the Green Bay Packers. No clue when they talked but clearly they did at some point. Has a agent with strong Green Bay ties as well.

I remember I watched everything I could find on him. Think there was only one quality opponent (syracuse maybe) that I was able to find. Looked somewhat intriguing but didn't jump off the screen at me. Wish I could see more or him, though.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I remember I watched everything I could find on him. Think there was only one quality opponent (syracuse maybe) that I was able to find. Looked somewhat intriguing but didn't jump off the screen at me. Wish I could see more or him, though.

Wait, you did not like the Syracuse film? Kid had one of the best runs I seen on film all year in that very game!

But yeah, that was anything but an easy film break at large. Not like Stony Brook is giving ya NFL Q film to look at. I like those ones at times though. Takes me back to my PSU days. Nothing like breaking down high school film....... Laughing

Don't think for a sec that Miguel Maysonet is not going to play on Sunday's though. That's the Packers Harris with WR hands!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Wait, you did not like the Syracuse film? Kid had one of the best runs I seen on film all year in that very game!

But yeah, that was anything but an easy film break at large. Not like Stony Brook is giving ya NFL Q film to look at. I like those ones at times though. Takes me back to my PSU days. Nothing like breaking down high school film....... Laughing

I wouldn't say I didn't like it. I thought it was a guy worth looking more into, but I couldn't find much to confirm or support that film. I didn't remember seeing anything that made me super interested in him though. I don't remember him displaying elite explosion, which is typically what grabs my eye Very Happy

I just always go back to Jamaal Charles at Texas, who is probably my first "draft crush" and how I was blown away by some of his runs. Maysonet intrigued me, but didn't make me gaga, in other words Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: