Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft: Running back.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear Montee ball looks and runs like a frank gore clone. If he falls to us in the 2nd we should gobble him up. He played for my badgers i've watched his whole career, guy runs hard, would be n stud in this offense.
Gilbert Burger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my top five for our beloved Packers:

1. Lacy
2. Ball
3. Franklin
4. Gillislee
5. Bernard

The guy I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole is Joseph Randle. He has a WR body, and that never works at the next level.

As far as round to pick: The answer is whatever round presents the best value. I'd be excited about any of those 5 backs.

I am very high on J. Harris, but he is not a full time back. Mixing in a high ceiling talent with Harris could transform our offense.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
justo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
packfan4 wrote:
No offense to any posters in here, but I just don't get why so many are anti-Lacy.
I'm not anti-Lacy, I'm just pro-value.
Pretty much how I feel on this one.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Yooper Kuj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Burger wrote:
The guy I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole is Joseph Randle. He has a WR body, and that never works at the next level.

James Starks?
Everyone is born one and those who aren't now, have detached themselves from the natural order of the universe
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I like Montee's fit the best. Great vision, good in pass pro, very natural receiver.

X2

My big board begins with

1) Lacy
2) Ball

And it's a very close 2nd.

Very much so this. I would not pass on Lacy's god given talent for Ball. But Ball sure looks the part in every way for this Packers system and brings better board value. One could also make a strong case that the fit matters at RB every bit as much as any other position on the football field. Ball might not be a high end talent but he fits the system to a T.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about L.Bell in Mac's single back set? I don't love Bell's running style in fit. But the man sure looks the part for that single back set Mac clearly loves in every other way. If he was on the board at the right spot I could see value there. Damn shame the running style is a bit out of place in system.

Good chance others would hold a higher premium than TT will with Mac around. Just needs the reps for that style to truly excel(not going to happen in GB) and is more fast than quick(less than ideal for zone play).

Just sayin. Bell sure looks the part for that gig Kuhn often played last year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single back in the shotgun, or just single back in general?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Madtown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I like Montee's fit the best. Great vision, good in pass pro, very natural receiver.

X2

My big board begins with

1) Lacy
2) Ball

Very much so this. I would not pass on Lacy's god given talent for Ball. But Ball sure looks the part in every way for this Packers system and brings better board value. One could also make a strong case that the fit matters at RB every bit as much as any other position on the football field. Ball might not be a high end talent but he fits the system to a T.

How far do you see Ball falling? I'd love him in the late 2nd, and Lacy in the early second. I don't think we can get Lacy by trading down. I think we can get Ball at our #2 pick. Am I wrong? And I don't think we can get him at our #3.

I'm sorry, but I really see Ball as a high impact rookie on this team. He's not going to be AD, but I see him as a real weapon for 6 or 7 years.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
What do you guys think about L.Bell in Mac's single back set? I don't love Bell's running style in fit. But the man sure looks the part for that single back set Mac clearly loves in every other way. If he was on the board at the right spot I could see value there. Damn shame the running style is a bit out of place in system.

That's one of my biggest concerns with him. Probably the most talented back outside of a healthy Marcus Lattimore, but he's got a small back mentality.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Good chance others would hold a higher premium than TT will with Mac around. Just needs the reps for that style to truly excel(not going to happen in GB) and is more fast than quick(less than ideal for zone play).

Just sayin. Bell sure looks the part for that gig Kuhn often played last year.

I'm having a hard time with Bell. I know people love him and I hated when the Badgers tried to stop him. For some reason, I just get Shonn Greene out of him. He's definitely better than S. Taylor, but I still don't get a dynamic feel out of him.

He has enough supporters, though, where I'd have to take a 2nd look if someone like TT took him in the 2nd or 3rd round.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madtown wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

X2

My big board begins with

1) Lacy
2) Ball

How far do you see Ball falling? I'd love him in the late 2nd, and Lacy in the early second. I don't think we can get Lacy by trading down. I think we can get Ball at our #2 pick. Am I wrong? And I don't think we can get him at our #3.

I'm sorry, but I really see Ball as a high impact rookie on this team. He's not going to be AD, but I see him as a real weapon for 6 or 7 years.

They graded out much closer for me than some might think. One HUGE draft day difference though. Lacy can play and excel in any system and in that will have every horse in that race. Ball needs the right home or he is just a guy. Reason to think Ball could be there at a value mark. Doubt that's the case for Lacy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

That's one of my biggest concerns with him. Probably the most talented back outside of a healthy Marcus Lattimore, but he's got a small back mentality.

I can get over that part. It is what it is, your never going to change that and at some level it will help the body hold. My concern comes from the fact he is a volume back and from the fact he is more fast than quick. Not like he is going to get a ton of reps in Mac's fit and I'm not real sure a few hands will not get there before he gets going with this line in front of him.

In short, the pros I have with Ball are the cons I have with Bell. Ball will run for the same average with the first rep as he will with the last. Ball can find it and get going as fast as any in the class also.

LIS, I'm talking more about that gig Kuhn plays. Bell has no issue doing the dirty work and can catch the hell out of the football for a big guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I can get over that part. It is what it is, your never going to change that and at some level it will help the body hold. My concern comes from the fact he is a volume back and from the fact he is more fast than quick. Not like he is going to get a ton of reps in Mac's fit and I'm not real sure a few hands will not get there before he gets going with this line in front of him.

In short, the pros I have with Ball are the cons I have with Bell. Ball will run for the same average with the first rep as he will with the last. Ball can find it and get going as fast as any in the class also.

LIS, I'm talking more about that gig Kuhn plays. Bell has no issue doing the dirty work and can catch the hell out of the football for a big guy.

If they are able to get Bell at the end of 3 or in the 4 I'd be Ok with him. Earlier than that, I'd be ticked. I don't think he's a full game fit. I could see Harris early and Bell towards the end of the game when trying to run it out. Ball or Lacy early would make more sense as guys you could keep in there the whole time and just compliment with Harris.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madtown wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

If they are able to get Bell at the end of 3 or in the 4 I'd be Ok with him. Earlier than that, I'd be ticked. I don't think he's a full game fit. I could see Harris early and Bell towards the end of the game when trying to run it out. Ball or Lacy early would make more sense as guys you could keep in there the whole time and just compliment with Harris.

Clearly that in bold is the issue with the Bell idea. I was just wondering at what point you guys could see real value in "that guy" here in Green Bay.

LIS, good chance another team will take him before TT would. Was just wondering really.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Madtown wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Clearly that in bold is the issue with the Bell idea. I was just wondering at what point you guys could see real value in "that guy" here in Green Bay.

LIS, good chance another team will take him before TT would. Was just wondering really.

It's sad, but the only RB's I really am hoping for are Lacy and Ball. And Ball is the only one I think would fit value-wise where we're slotted without any trades.

I'd like to see us getting Lacy with a trade down into the early second, but I don't see him getting out of the 1st.

I'd like to see us getting Ball at our spot in rd 2. I could actually see this happening because his all-around skills, specifically his vision, cutting ability, and second level moves really work for our system.

Bell and Gio I would be OK with at the 3rd or 4th round. They have their strengths and I'd assume TT and MM have their visions aligned as to how they'll use thes guys. If not these four, take a shot at a high end guy like Kniles Davis late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: