Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft: Running back.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: The Draft: Running back. Reply with quote

Maybe we can do something like this for other positions.

1. Rank this year's RBs

1. Eddie Lacy
2. Giovani Bernard
3. Knile Davis
4. Le'veon Bell
5. Montee Ball
6. Chrisitine Michael
7. Marcus Lattimore
8. Joseph Randle
9. Kenjon Barner
10. Stephon Taylor

2. Where is the earliest you would pick a Running Back this year?
I would take Eddie Lacy at 26. I feel he's the type of RB that would take our offense to the next level.

3. Which RB prospect intrigues you the most?
Marcus Lattimore. If he was 100% healthy he would be a top 10 pick. I feel like the guy has so much talent and if he gets some luck on his side could be one hell of a running back. If the knees check out, he could be a great value/pivk up for a team.

4. Which RB prospect would you stay awat from?
I'm staying away from Michael. Too many character concerns for me.

5. Do the Packers take a Running Back this year? If so where and who?
I think GB takes Knile Davis at the end of round 3.

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Montee's fit the best. Great vision, good in pass pro, very natural receiver.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Eddie Lacy
2. La'Veon Bell
3. Monte Ball
4. Christine Michael.
5. Jonathan Franklin

Is my top 5 RBs right now.

I would not take an running back in the first round. The highest I would take an RB is if the Packers trade back into the top of the second round. #26 for any of these backs, I don't like. #26 for one of this year's backs plus additional assets I am fine with.

RB prospect that intrigues me the most: La'Veon Bell. I think he's a darn near perfect scheme fit, only question I have is the volume of carries he'll get in Mac's offense.

I would stay away from Lattimore because he wasn't really an NFL calibre RB last year before his knee exploded, Taylor because I don't like one-speed backs in the NFL, and Bernard because I think DuJuan Harris is better.

I think the Packers take Bell or Ball on day 2.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Eddie Lacy
2. Giovani Bernard
3. Montee Ball
4. Le'Veon Bell
5. Marcus Lattimore
6. Christine Michael
7. Knile Davis
8. Joseph Franklin
9. Stephon Taylor
10. Kenjon Barner

2. The earliest I would take a running back this year is in round 1. I wouldn't be upset with Lacy, but ideally I would like us to go with Montee Ball in round 2 or 3.

3. Like you pollino, the RB prospect that intrigues me the most is also Lattimore. The dude was such a stud when healthy and hasnt gotten the breaks to go his way. He is a hard worker so I wouldn't put it past him.

4. The RB prospect I would stay away from is Knile Davis. For some reason I have just never been too high on him. If we took him im sure I would grow to like him. Laughing

5. I think the Packers take Le'veon Bell somewhere around rounds 2 and 3.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ What's the earliest you would go for Lattimore?

I personally think round 4 and I would be happy. Good gamble there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

I would take him in round 4 as well but if your drafting him I think it's for 2014 not 2013. I just don't see him being ready for this season and I think it would be best for him to take a "red shirt."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

I would take him in round 4 as well but if your drafting him I think it's for 2014 not 2013. I just don't see him being ready for this season and I think it would be best for him to take a "red shirt."

I just don't see the point in drafting Lattimore, period. It's not just "can he recover from this major knee injury". this is 2 years in a row, major knee injury. There is no reason to have any expectation this guy can hold up at RB, much less the NFL.

I'm firmly off the Christine Michael train for the same reason. A guy who has never been able to be healthy or a #1 in college, but that's going to change at the NFL level? Yeah right. Then there is all the personal red flag stuff... I just don't see how it makes sense.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I like Montee's fit the best. Great vision, good in pass pro, very natural receiver.

X2

My big board begins with

1) Lacy
2) Ball

And it's a very close 2nd.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
packfan4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to any posters in here, but I just don't get why so many are anti-Lacy. That boy is a freaking stud, runs like he's mad at the ground. I love him, and everybody is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but I personally think he's the game changer we need at RB.

Last edited by packfan4 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

I agree, I wouldn't be disappointed taking him in the 4th.

PPG RPG APG
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfan4 wrote:
No offense to any posters in here, but I just don't get why so many are anti-Lacy. That boy is a freaking stud, runs like he's mad at the ground. I love him, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I personally think he's the game changer we need at RB.

It's similar to the WI RB phenomenon. He pretty much played behind an NFL OL at the college level. I don't think he is a game changer and view him as an early/mid 2nd type prospect. I just don't see the "special" in him. I think he was in very large part a product of his OL and while I'm not saying "I don't see an NFL RB", I am saying "I don't see a high end NFL RB", and that's all I'm willing to consider spending 1st round picks on @ RB, myself.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

I just don't see the point in drafting Lattimore, period. It's not just "can he recover from this major knee injury". this is 2 years in a row, major knee injury. There is no reason to have any expectation this guy can hold up at RB, much less the NFL.

I'm firmly off the Christine Michael train for the same reason. A guy who has never been able to be healthy or a #1 in college, but that's going to change at the NFL level? Yeah right. Then there is all the personal red flag stuff... I just don't see how it makes sense.

Because if it wasn't for those injuries he would definitely be in the top end of the first round. He is also a hard worker and good character guy and I feel like that is enough to spend our late 4th on the guy. Hes a good talent and his running style reminds me kind of McFadden.

PPG RPG APG
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

I wouldn't mind "red shirting" him as well either. Could be a major investment if he s healthy.

I dont see the hype around Ball. With the holes he's gotten in college, I could ve ran the ball effectively! He doesn't run the ball violently like Bell or doesn't display top end speed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfan4 wrote:
No offense to any posters in here, but I just don't get why so many are anti-Lacy. That boy is a freaking stud, runs like he's mad at the ground. I love him, and everybody is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but I personally think he's the game changer we need at RB.

I really like him, I just don't think we are going to take him if he is there at pick 26. I think someone is going to fall a bit and Ted is going to snap him up. I do really like Lacy though.

PPG RPG APG
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Rank this year's RBs

As of right now...

1. Christine Michael
2. Zac Stacy
3. Le'Veon Bell
4. Andre Ellington
5. (Marcus Lattimore)
6. Dennis Johnson
7. Jawan Jamison
8. Eddie Lacy
9. Stepfan Taylor
10. Knile Davis

2. Where is the earliest you would pick a Running Back this year?
I think the value for RB's can be found in rounds 3-4 depending on who falls. Who knows though. Before the draft maybe a few names get hot. But the absolute earliest this year I'd feel comfortable is round 2.

3. Which RB prospect intrigues you the most?
As you said, Marcus Lattimore. Without the injury, no doubt he's the number 1 back in my eyes. I think he comes back strong and makes everyone look like idots, but he may flame out quick. Huge Risk/Huge Reward.

4. Which RB prospect would you stay awat from?
Gio Bernard, Gilliselee, Randle and any other thin-legged RB.

5. Do the Packers take a Running Back this year? If so where and who?
Either Christine around the 2nd round or Zac Stacy in round 4 would be my dream!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: