Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you could add one NFL player to the Steelers roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What NFL player would have the biggest impact on the Steelers roster?
Adrian Peterson
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Von Miller
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Patrick Willis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Calvin Johnson
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
J.J. Watt
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Darelle Revis
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Larry Fitzgerald
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Rob Gronkowski
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Richard Sherman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tim Tebow
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Troofax wrote:
The question is any one player. Yes,Russ Wilson.

Technically that was the question...although there's a poll available.

You've been really going out of your way recently to have a go at him, even when you are incorrect

When you put a big target on yourself, you deserve whatever you get.
I did, and lol@ deserves what I get. Good luck with that. When the season roles around their wont be anyone who is honest with themselves "putting themselves above me" Right now proves nothing , other than you can Google and plagiarize. I've taken much more knowledgeable fans to school on a.regular basis.. I know all "know-it-alls" from the main Steelers boards. This isn't anything new.

Maybe instead of acting like a know-it-all, you could actually present something to back up your statements instead of being a hypocrite?

You went and picked the one player on this team we can't afford to replace, especially with someone who isn't even better; but can't even back it up?

Instead of replying with a remark to make yourself out to be a tough guy (it's the internet; calm down) how about you actually post something that shows you actually know anything about the sport.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Instead of replying with a remark to make yourself out to be a tough guy (it's the internet; calm down) how about you actually post something that shows you actually know anything about the sport.

Because he DOESNT know anything.

He just likes to pretend he does.

Insecurity + immaturity + stupidity = Troll...fax.
Troofax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dead season has allowed the newbreeds to catch up. You see there's a pattern that follows my thoughts. 3 months my ideas will fly over fans heads. As soon as they hear it elsewhere,they forget where it originated. Patience bud, I have been here 2 months. I called our gradkowski beforehand, people are now seeing the light on the draft position/players, I have been saying since Dec. Even your idol43 is catching on. Not much else happening.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken care of

Last edited by wwhickok on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
The dead season has allowed the newbreeds to catch up. You see there's a pattern that follows my thoughts. 3 months my ideas will fly over fans heads. As soon as they hear it elsewhere,they forget where it originated. Patience bud, I have been here 2 months. I called our gradkowski beforehand, people are now seeing the light on the draft position/players, I have been saying since Dec. Even your idol43 is catching on. Not much else happening.

You called out that we would sign a free agent backup QB that always wanted to play for us....wow, how amazing! Seriously, thats the most impressive thing Ive ever seen.

I guess with simple minds like you, you have to take the little victories wherever you can get them.

Good for you.
Troofax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

lol@jelous43. It's like a 5 year old telling me how to drive. Your not in my galaxy..Nor is anyone you know. I don't Google or use other posters/writers thoughts, they use mine. So, how many free agents have you called. Welcome to my thoughts on the draft 10 WEEKS AGO, BTW. Get used to it.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little curious as to who's googling that is like the 3rd time you've said that. So, you're saying no one else in the world is capable of creating an original thought except for you? And then you wonder why no one likes you. It's not because we're jealous because honestly, with the utmost respect to the people on this board, this board is in no way shape or form a priority in my life (I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way). I am happily married and have a beautiful son, I spend time on this board while I'm at work. I have nothing to be jealous of, I got everything in my life that I could want or need.

Here's what I do not understand though however, virtually every post you've made so far Trollfax(43, I like it, I'm borrowing it lol) has been another form of targetted trolling. I've seen people, few of them, come in here and attempt to defend you but there is no denying that basically every post you make has very little discussion and much more insult to it.

Is it really that hard for you to just come in and discuss football like an intelligent, mature fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers? You talk a 'big' game and you want everyone to believe you're so smart, but you have yet to say anything that could even be confused as intelligent and this isn't me calling you stupid, because I think someone who puts that much effort into acting like an idiot, has to have some level of brains, just to figure out how to do it. But seriously, once the season gets here, the only reason anyone would forget about you, is because we're ignoring you. Because right now, the offseason is so boring that you're providing our only source of real comedy.

Thanks for playing, please come again.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trollfax wrote:
I called our gradkowski beforehand.

1. Gradkowski is from Pittsburgh
2. We desperately need a backup
3. He was available
4. He's from Pittsburgh
5. You're far from the only one that saw the Gradkowski move:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512222&start=840

I'm sure you're knowledgeable when you're not obsessing over 43, but calling the Gradkowski move is hardly prescience.

Also, the little troll moves like the namecalling, the "young person" references (kid, child, etc) and the standard "you google players" is fairly old hat. If you fashion yourself a high quality troll or a high quality football mind, you simply need to bring your game up. What was the name of your previous account here I wonder? Your schtick is extremely familiar.

now, back to some usefulness here:

wwhickok wrote:
If I could add anyone in the NFL to our team right now, it'd be Aldon Smith

Aldon Smith required Justin Smith to be at full health. When he wasn't, Aldon Smith disappeared. I'd take several guys ahead of Aldon Smith, although I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him in black and gold rather than sitting on Ben's head 5 yards behind the LoS
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keth, thats a fair point about Aldon.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see any reason to bring in anyone other than Von Miller.

JJ Watt and Geno Atkins are the only ones who can combine youth and ability near Miller's level, but neither would be an appropriate fit in our defense. They'd both be wasted playing the John Mitchell paddycake game (from the bench).
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
I just can't see any reason to bring in anyone other than Von Miller.

JJ Watt and Geno Atkins are the only ones who can combine youth and ability near Miller's level, but neither would be an appropriate fit in our defense. They'd both be wasted playing the John Mitchell paddycake game (from the bench).

Is Patrick Willis close, wouldn't he fit pretty well with our D??
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Troofax wrote:

You called out that we would sign a free agent backup QB that always wanted to play for us....wow, how amazing! Seriously, thats the most impressive thing Ive ever seen.

I guess with simple minds like you, you have to take the little victories wherever you can get them.

Good for you.

I am forced to ask again if people are aware that they really are just putting themselves on his level.

We are now using the mockery of Down's Syndrome children to prove our points? I mean, that's just not cool dude. That's going beyond a bit of trolling IMO.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

lol@jelous43. It's like a 5 year old telling me how to drive. Your not in my galaxy..Nor is anyone you know. I don't Google or use other posters/writers thoughts, they use mine. So, how many free agents have you called. Welcome to my thoughts on the draft 10 WEEKS AGO, BTW. Get used to it.

Calls others unoriginal

Uses the same unoriginal argument in every post

Seriously, that's all you're doing. You've still ignored me. Come up with a factual, non-Googled, non-plagurized reason why Ben is the problem and Russell Wilson is the answer. I know you can't do it. So your response is going to be something arrogant about how you're a football knowledge God and I'm an unwashed mass that has no idea about the game; but I'd love to see what kind of bizarre information you can feed me about how you're so smart about this game.

Just once. If you're so great; why don't you prove it? Impossible to actually think others here know the game?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SC:

Webmaster's Post: I've banned Troofax. In his short time here he has done nothing but cause problems. Trolling and insults aren't tolerated here.

I also want to add that next time a new member comes on to cause problems, don't sink to their level. Don't derail topics with more trolling and other garbage. Contact your moderators to handle the problem and stick to football.

Now please get back to football. If you have comments or questions, send me a PM.

Everyone just needs to calm down and focus on things that are relevant.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that and came here to actually edit that post. I posted that before even seeing Webby's post. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: