Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AM I THE ONLY WHO SEES MIKE GOODSON AS A STARTER?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: AM I THE ONLY WHO SEES MIKE GOODSON AS A STARTER? Reply with quote

I know ppl love Powell but I just dont understand the love affair... He really isnt explosive at all and to me is the definition of "pedestrian"

Mike Goodson has great size at 5'10 205lbs, he's a great reciever can break off big runs and can get the short yardage

If we draft a rb, say Jonathon Franklin/Mike Gillislee, I think Powell/McKnight will both move down the depth chart...

Id wanna see mike Goodson starting unless we draft a prime-time back

...also I think the Goodson signing opens the door for Marcus lattimore in the 4th/5th
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have a starting running back on the team right now.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can, but we shouldn't go into the season thinking he will. Same goes for Powell. Draft a RB to compete with them. If they all turn out to be good, then we can run it like the Giants did when they had Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its possible but we should definitely consider a mid round back. I really like Le'Veon Bell. I think hes the best back in this draft.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Its possible but we should definitely consider a mid round back. I really like Le'Veon Bell. I think hes the best back in this draft.

i agree on a mid-round pick but i hate bell.... he isnt exlosive and not a great runner

He'd be a GREAT pass-catching FB in our WCO tho(no clue if he can lead block but he reminds me a little of Ganaway whose now a FB).... but i think he's too slow to ever avg more than 3-4 yds a carry

If we are going with a big bruising RB, id much rather Montee Ball.... similar speed but Ball is a much better runner IMO (not as good of a reciever tho)
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

i agree on a mid-round pick but i hate bell.... he isnt exlosive and not a great runner

He'd be a GREAT pass-catching FB in our WCO tho(no clue if he can lead block but he reminds me a little of Ganaway whose now a FB).... but i think he's too slow to ever avg more than 3-4 yds a carry

If we are going with a big bruising RB, id much rather Montee Ball.... similar speed but Ball is a much better runner IMO (not as good of a reciever tho)

lol at people acting like Bell is Jehuu Caulcrick or something. Bell isn't even a big bruising back and he has more than adequate speed to be successful in the NFL. I'm definitely not a fan of Ball either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

lol at people acting like Bell is Jehuu Caulcrick or something. Bell isn't even a big bruising back and he has more than adequate speed to be successful in the NFL. I'm definitely not a fan of Ball either.

I have seen so much of Bell and he never really stood out to me as being able to be more than a Platoon back in the NFL the one thing he does have is great balance but he just doesnt impress me overall.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: AM I THE ONLY WHO SEES MIKE GOODSON AS A STARTER? Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
I know ppl love Powell but I just dont understand the love affair... He really isnt explosive at all and to me is the definition of "pedestrian"

Mike Goodson has great size at 5'10 205lbs, he's a great reciever can break off big runs and can get the short yardage

If we draft a rb, say Jonathon Franklin/Mike Gillislee, I think Powell/McKnight will both move down the depth chart...

Id wanna see mike Goodson starting unless we draft a prime-time back

...also I think the Goodson signing opens the door for Marcus lattimore in the 4th/5th

Powell has shown an ability to run inside or outside, catch the ball and shows good vision. He's quick to hit the hole and is more elusive than I originally thought. He's also basically the same size as Goodson.

He may not have Goodson's speed, but he catches just as well. And perhaps more importantly, Powell has shown an ability to pick up a blitz, something I'm not sure Goodson can do (as in, I don't know if he can but I've seen Powell do it well).

I don't think anyone is in love with him, but he's shown an ability to do pretty much anything he's asked fairly well.

- Cliff Burton
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Goodson & Powell can put up somewhere between 600-800 yards on the ground in a timeshare.

Not sure if he's a starter, but I'm content with these 2 handling the rock & McKnight as the 3rd back

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50/50 riding the hot hand, is how I expect us to go about this year. Neither Powell nor Goodson have ever proven a damn thing and at this point in time neither should be deemed the starter.

Kudos to mack.
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

His speed is fine but he doesn't have that change of pace or that extra gear to break away. When he runs it is just one speed. That being said if he is available in the fourth I would take him, that is a good round for him. He is never going to be that work horse 1400 yard runner but he can titer around 1000 yards.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

His speed is fine but he doesn't have that change of pace or that extra gear to break away. When he runs it is just one speed. That being said if he is available in the fourth I would take him, that is a good round for him. He is never going to be that work horse 1400 yard runner but he can titer around 1000 yards.

I can agree with that. I think 3-4 probably about where he'll go. I think he actually does provide a lot in the passing game that most rookie runningbacks cant. He has great hands and more importantly is a great blocker. But yada yada you know all this. Just saying, if he's there we should take him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I can agree with that. I think 3-4 probably about where he'll go. I think he actually does provide a lot in the passing game that most rookie runningbacks cant. He has great hands and more importantly is a great blocker. But yada yada you know all this. Just saying, if he's there we should take him.

I agree, in my mock I picked him up primarily because of his pass catching ability and he is deceptively shifty. An early 3rd is a bit much for him, I would rather roll the dice and if someone picks him up so be it, I don't see him as a world beater but as a solid player to have on our roster for four years.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Revis4president

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goodson was the best signing this offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: