Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Questions From Outsider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Questions From Outsider Reply with quote

1. Why was Michael Bennett allowed to depart? Was their interest in retaining him on a multi-year deal?

2. What will the Bucs do at Defensive End for 2013? Is it a draft priority, are they comfortable with the 2011 Selections, or is a Veteran UFA signing a logical outcome?

3. Is Josh Freeman the QB of the Future? Will he be resigned following 2013?

4. Does Mike Williams really deserve a lucrative extension?

5 Whose in Charge- Greg Schiano or Mark Dominik?

6. Is the Fan Base concerned?

6. Does

Taking account the moves up to this point, the Bucs have 13.627 M of Cap Space.

Concluding Wright's grievance & cutting Michael Koenen would lend 24.627 M of total space.

What's the Strategy?

Allowing Michael Bennett to depart for a 1 Year deal w/ Seattle seemed illogical given he was the teams most productive End. Does the team have faith in Clayborn & Bowers? Was it logical to spend the way they did on a Safety with so many question marks at Corner?

Bottom Line- I follow every NFL Team & have an understanding of their offseason strategies. I take into account 2014 Free Agents, Player Contracts & Past Years Performance. I simply cannot figure out Tamp Bay.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions From Outsider Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
1. Why was Michael Bennett allowed to depart? Was their interest in retaining him on a multi-year deal?

2. What will the Bucs do at Defensive End for 2013? Is it a draft priority, are they comfortable with the 2011 Selections, or is a Veteran UFA signing a logical outcome?

3. Is Josh Freeman the QB of the Future? Will he be resigned following 2013?

4. Does Mike Williams really deserve a lucrative extension?

5 Whose in Charge- Greg Schiano or Mark Dominik?

6. Is the Fan Base concerned?

6. Does

Taking account the moves up to this point, the Bucs have 13.627 M of Cap Space.

Concluding Wright's grievance & cutting Michael Koenen would lend 24.627 M of total space.

What's the Strategy?

Allowing Michael Bennett to depart for a 1 Year deal w/ Seattle seemed illogical given he was the teams most productive End. Does the team have faith in Clayborn & Bowers? Was it logical to spend the way they did on a Safety with so many question marks at Corner?

Bottom Line- I follow every NFL Team & have an understanding of their offseason strategies. I take into account 2014 Free Agents, Player Contracts & Past Years Performance. I simply cannot figure out Tamp Bay.

1. Our front office viewed him as a rotational guy. If Bowers never tore his achilles, he would have been starting over Bennett last year. Bennett isn't a full time starter. Good against the run, but he's not really an effective pass rusher.

2. They;re going to roll with Clayborn and Bowers as the starters and most likely bring in a veteran pass rusher for depth and possibly draft a late round flyer. They like Neoshemi.

3. Freeman has been very inconsistent the past two years. This year he's on the hot seat. Make or break year for him really. Schiano has no ties to him.

4. Not a lucrative extension, but he will be the 2nd best Free Agent on the market next year next to Hakeem Nicks. If he wants to remain a buc, he'll take 6-7 million per in an extension. If he wants to test the market, he could get more from a WR needy team. My take: Dom locks him up after the draft.

5. I ask that question a lot too. Since Schiano came on board, it seems like he's done a better job evaluating talent. Sure it's been only a year, but I think he's got a lot of say in guys who he likes that fits his team.

6. Yes and no. Freeman's inconsistency is still worrisome. If he flops, then what? Not sure. Lot is riding on it this year. Love SChiano as a coach and where the overall team is heading.

7. only 13 million in cap space really? We had 33 going into the offseason. I thought we were at 24 million despite cutting Wright and Koenen. Might want to check back up on that.

The Strategy: Oviously, we're interested in Revis. I'm not sure I'm 100% in agreement with the move. He wants too much money and can eat up and cause cap problems for our future young guys.

The strategy , not getting Revis would be to sign a Vet CB. Possibly re-up Biggers as well. Maybe going after a veteran DE. We've shown interest in John Abraham. Possibly RT.

Draft: I'd say CB, DT, and TE would be the top targets in the draft.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed on the Cap Space. I assumed entering the offseason Bucs would prioritize landing Mike Jenkins. He's still available & his market isn't simmering.

The Goldson signing is similar to Carl Nicks. Overpaying the market to land premiere talent. Not sure it pays dividends.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Missed on the Cap Space. I assumed entering the offseason Bucs would prioritize landing Mike Jenkins. He's still available & his market isn't simmering.

The Goldson signing is similar to Carl Nicks. Overpaying the market to land premiere talent. Not sure it pays dividends.

Nicks is the 2nd best G in football. He got hurt last year.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

He is easily the first best guard.

garbage
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

One can argue Jhari Evans and Mike Iupatti. Definately top 3. I think 2 behind Evans.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
BBando wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

One can argue Jhari Evans and Mike Iupatti. Definately top 3. I think 2 behind Evans.
I guess but Iupati isn't better.

garbage
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the "Best" Guard, Safety (Contract Wise) & potentially adding the Best Corner in Football is a mistake. Not how you build a football team. The combined investments in Davin Joseph & Carl Nicks are eye-opening.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Having the "Best" Guard, Safety (Contract Wise) & potentially adding the Best Corner in Football is a mistake. Not how you build a football team. The combined investments in Davin Joseph & Carl Nicks are eye-opening.

I think someone is forgetting our draft of 2012. Martin/Barron/David are cornerstones to build our defense.

I agree. I think giving up that much for Revis, draft picks and money, is the wrong move.

I disagree with you. We have a top 12 LT, 2 of the best Gs in football. You win games in the trenches. Ask this years Super Bowl teams.

We have some work to do. Raheem was a goon. But Schiano is a very good football coach. We're not a Super Bowl contender this year. And we're building it the right way. Spending big on Jackson and Nicks were great moves. Both are elite players at their position. It's not that we overspent on these two. That you are clueless.

We have a good young dline that needs depth and a starter next to McCoy. LBs are talented and young. Need experience. That's what they lack.

Goldson got a top 5 S contract. He's very good and brings physicality, leadership, and a ball hawk to our defenses. Him and Barron form a fearsome duo. I agree. Not excited too much about the contract given, but I see no problem with the guy, on or off the field.

I don't like the move to get Revis. We should continue to build through the draft.

I hope Freeman succeeds. If he mentally matches his physical tools, he's easily a top 10 QB. However, that remains to be seen.

I think you also have to Remember: A lot of our starters are going into their 2nd and 3rd years. So a lot of their issues are growing pains and experience. The talent is there. And Schiano is the right guy to develop that. We just need to add depth at certain positions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: