Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Speed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Mock Speed Reply with quote

* I'm not going to go into contract details, but I made this one based on the idea we keep Revis and he signs a new deal. You know Tebow will be cut, that's all that matters.

FREE AGENTS
Antonio Garay
Antwan Barnes
Willis Colon
David Garrad
Mike Goodson
Kevin Boothe

Kevin Kolb
I'm sure Kevin is not looking to be a backup.Looking at the options, he realizes that he he has had success in Marty's system, and that the online is better. He signs a 2 or 3yr deal.

Dawan Landry
Allen & Bush are not ready to start yet, we need a Vet. Landry & Rex have worked together before and will again.

DHB
I don't think we are going to sign Braylon back. DHB has great speed, and has worked with Lal , and they'll reunite. He comes in to compete with Hill for the #2 spot. If he pans out, he'll be Holmes replacement as Hill develops.

NFL DRAFT
Trade back 1st 1st, 2nd 5th Cowboys
Trade back 1st 1st 3rd Vikings

1. Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
We need a TE now that Keller is gone. We have solid young WRs, but still need a recieving weapon for the QB. 35inch vert, 6'5 redzone threat, and is a solid blocker.

2. Larry Warford OG - Kentucky
Even though we signed Colon, I don't think we are set with him. I think Colon was brought for competition. I've always liked Warford and think he will be great in the ZBS and will also help the running game.

2. Sio Moore OLB - Uconn
I would put Jamie Collins here, but I think someone will take him earlier than expected. Physical OLB with great speed. Jumps to deflect passes while pass rushing. Still has a few things to work on but I can see Idzik & Rex loving him.

3. Bacarri Rambo FS - UGA
He is a playmaker. Interceptions, Forced Fumbles, and make plays in the backfield. If not him, then I think this pick will be Phillip Thomas.

3. Mike Gillislee RB - Florida
Goodson & Powell are pretty good, but not great, or proven to be able to take on a load. I think we go running back at some point. Mike is a very shifty back with good speed, and can catch out the backfield. Someone that I can see fitting our scheme perfectly.

4. Chris Faulk OT - LSU
Has had injury problems but is a great player when on the field. We bring him in to compete with Howard or try him at OG. But I think we will move him to RT.

5. Travis Johnson OLB San Jose State
Plays with a high motor. Tweener sized. He develops behind Barnes and becomes a good edge setter.

5. Jasper Collins WR Mount Union
Shifty & Smooth route runner with 4.4 speed. Could become a great WR in 3 years.

6. Albert Rosette ILB - Nevada
Very stiff linebacker, but makes all the tackles in the middle of the field. After our weak attempt to stop the run, he will be great to compete with Muaga & learn behind Harris. Becomes the new thumper.

7. Ryan Griffin QB - Tulane
I like him. Quick release, decent footwork, and arm power. QB competition for camp.

QB) Kolb, Garrad, Sanchez
RB)Goodson, Powell, Gillislee, McKnight
FB)Hillard

WR) Holmes, DHB, Kerley, Hill, White/Collins
TE) Eifert, Cumberland, Hayden

RT) Howard, Faulk
RG) Boothe, Vlad
C) Mangold
LG) Warford, Colon
LT) Brick, Faulk

DE) Coples
NT) Ellis, Garay
DE) Wilkerson

OLB)Barnes, Johnson
ILB) Harris, Rosette
ILB) Davis
OLB)Moore

CB) Revis, Wilson
FS) Rambo, Bush
SS) Landry, Allen
CB) Cromartie, Lankster

*My goal was to build around the QB position to preparing it for our 2014 rookie QB.

QB; Kolb is brought in and is used as a stop gap. RB; A good competition goes on for the starting spot. WR; Youth, Speed, and Potential. TE; Eifert becomes a redzone threat. OL; Depth.

DL; Garay helps Ellis out alot! LBs; Youth & Speed More(4.6) Barnes (4.4) Davis (4.5) and the leader, Harris. DB's; We keep Revis, so shut up. Solid safeties with landry & Rambo.

Faster LB's, RB's, and WR's.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Mattmanz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this to be honest. I agree I would be very happy if Jamie Collins is there for us in the third. All in all well done definitely fills all our needs.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should explain why they move up.

Sig bet
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Dallas would probably be trying to leapfrog Tennessee, Carolina, and New Orleans for any of Floyd, Star, or Vaccaro.

Minnesota because they now have extra picks to play with and could be targeting CP, Allen, Hopkins, Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, etc. They could go a number of ways.

Definitely possible that we trade down this year. Idzik has already expressed interest in doing so.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Dallas would probably be trying to leapfrog Tennessee, Carolina, and New Orleans for any of Floyd, Star, or Vaccaro.

Minnesota because they now have extra picks to play with and could be targeting CP, Allen, Hopkins, Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, etc. They could go a number of ways.

Definitely possible that we trade down this year. Idzik has already expressed interest in doing so.
I don't see it happening. Not many trades happen where a team gains a net of 2 picks. Usually a team likes picks back. Unless I'm moving my team up I rarely rarely gain picks for one team or the other. I did a mock yesterday that moves us back but we swap our 5th and 3rd for their 2nd and 4th. Teams don't like straight up losing picks. They'd rather move back in the back and up in the front then lose them period. You have Dallas giving up 3 picks for 1 to pick up a safety that is supposed to be picked where they pick at. Star is possible but with the depth at DT do they need to lose half their draft to get him? Also just because a team has extra picks doesn't mean they wanna trade them just to trade them. Looks like you move back because you want to move back rather than because they wanna move up.

Minnesota has an extra pick because they traded their 2nd best player to get him. As of right now they still need a WR or 2, a CB, DT and LB help. If you traded Revis and had the extra picks would you think the Jets would just move up for fun?

All GMs would like ot move down to grab a falling guy they covet. It just isn't as possible as you make it sound.

Sig bet
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Pretty much said it perfectly. Also Jerry Jones said he expect to make some big moves this offseason. He has been a little silent so far, so he might have a draft plan.

Quote:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
skrILL wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I don't see it happening. Not many trades happen where a team gains a net of 2 picks. Usually a team likes picks back. Unless I'm moving my team up I rarely rarely gain picks for one team or the other. I did a mock yesterday that moves us back but we swap our 5th and 3rd for their 2nd and 4th. Teams don't like straight up losing picks. They'd rather move back in the back and up in the front then lose them period. You have Dallas giving up 3 picks for 1 to pick up a safety that is supposed to be picked where they pick at. Star is possible but with the depth at DT do they need to lose half their draft to get him? Also just because a team has extra picks doesn't mean they wanna trade them just to trade them. Looks like you move back because you want to move back rather than because they wanna move up.

Minnesota has an extra pick because they traded their 2nd best player to get him. As of right now they still need a WR or 2, a CB, DT and LB help. If you traded Revis and had the extra picks would you think the Jets would just move up for fun?

All GMs would like ot move down to grab a falling guy they covet. It just isn't as possible as you make it sound.

So your pretty much saying if I added a Jets 5th round pick to the Dallas trade, it will be a little more realistic for you?

Quote:
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
skrILL wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

So your pretty much saying if I added a Jets 5th round pick to the Dallas trade, it will be a little more realistic for you?
It would be realistic if there was a reason for Dallas to trade up, first of all. I would love the Lions to move down and down and down and gain 3 seconds. But it is simply unrealistic to have someone move up then name 4 guys they could get (meaning the could trade up 3 spots behind you and pay less). If Dallas wanted those 3 guys why not move to #12 and pay a 3rd instead of a second?

I'm not perfect or accurate (who is projecting trades) by any means but just having a team trade up to trade up doesn't make it realistic. You might as well have Dion Jordan falling to #9.

What I would have done (and do) when projecting a trade is show the first 8 picks. Then show Dallas or whoever moving up for their guy because then we can see who is left and who is not. Maybe Lane Johnson is left and NO moves up to secure him before TEN or SD takes him.

The gain of picks. How many trades do you Jet fans like when you lose 2 picks? Wouldn't you think Idzik would prefer to move from #9 to #5 and not lose picks but simply move back from the 2nd to the top of the 3rd? WHat is more realistic if I made a Lions mock. Jets sending #9, #39 and a next years 6th whiel getting #5, #65 and a next years 7th or Jets get #5 & a next years 7th and send #9, #72, #109 and a next years 6th?

Sig bet
GMUPatriot2010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate this. I might even be OK with it. Not a huge Gillesie fan but I wouldn't raise hell if he was the pick. I dig the DHB signing and where your mind is on that one. The more I hear about us potentially landing him the more I like it. On a reasonable 2 year deal he would provide excellent competition for Stephen Hill (and lessen the pressure a bit on him and let him develop) and next year when we're sure to end the Santonio Holmes Project he could step in as a replacement.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N/A

Quote:

Last edited by rickyt31 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMUPatriot2010 wrote:
I don't hate this. I might even be OK with it. Not a huge Gillesie fan but I wouldn't raise hell if he was the pick. I dig the DHB signing and where your mind is on that one. The more I hear about us potentially landing him the more I like it. On a reasonable 2 year deal he would provide excellent competition for Stephen Hill (and lessen the pressure a bit on him and let him develop) and next year when we're sure to end the Santonio Holmes Project he could step in as a replacement.

Yeah, with the signings, I tried to pick the players who would have a better reason to come here. Easier competition or familiar with a certain coach. After how bad we looked last season, and having no money, we are not going to be able to pull who we really want. I'm personally not a huge fan of DHB, but the move makes sense if we are not looking to bring back Braylon.

Quote:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
skrILL wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

It would be realistic if there was a reason for Dallas to trade up, first of all. I would love the Lions to move down and down and down and gain 3 seconds. But it is simply unrealistic to have someone move up then name 4 guys they could get (meaning the could trade up 3 spots behind you and pay less). If Dallas wanted those 3 guys why not move to #12 and pay a 3rd instead of a second?

I'm not perfect or accurate (who is projecting trades) by any means but just having a team trade up to trade up doesn't make it realistic. You might as well have Dion Jordan falling to #9.

What I would have done (and do) when projecting a trade is show the first 8 picks. Then show Dallas or whoever moving up for their guy because then we can see who is left and who is not. Maybe Lane Johnson is left and NO moves up to secure him before TEN or SD takes him.

The gain of picks. How many trades do you Jet fans like when you lose 2 picks? Wouldn't you think Idzik would prefer to move from #9 to #5 and not lose picks but simply move back from the 2nd to the top of the 3rd? WHat is more realistic if I made a Lions mock. Jets sending #9, #39 and a next years 6th whiel getting #5, #65 and a next years 7th or Jets get #5 & a next years 7th and send #9, #72, #109 and a next years 6th?

The amount of picks are not always true, it depends on how bad the GM wants someone. If I'm not mistaking, we traded 3 picks for Seattle's 2nd to get Hill & Seattle got 3 from the Eagles just to move back from 12 to 15. So it's hard to determine what's the right amount to give up for someone.

Now as far as who they want. I can say they want to jump the teams infront of them for a chance at one of the top offensive lineman, Star, or Vaccaro.

Quote:
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
The amount of picks are not always true, it depends on how bad the GM wants someone. If I'm not mistaking, we traded 3 picks for Seattle's 2nd to get Hill & Seattle got 3 from the Eagles just to move back from 12 to 15. So it's hard to determine what's the right amount to give up for someone.

Now as far as who they want. I can say they want to jump the teams infront of them for a chance at one of the top offensive lineman, Star, or Vaccaro.
Nothing is absolute. So it isn't always true but it happens more often then throwing half a draft away.

You keep saying they can trade up to select one of 3 guys. If they could take any of those guys the shouldn't they wait until they have to move to take one?

If the draft went:

Quote:
1: KC Luke Joeckel
2: JAX Dion Jordan
3: OAK Sharrif Floyd
4: PHI Eric Fisher
5: Trade! BUF Geno Smith

DET gets their 2nd and 4th and trade DETs 3rd and 5th. (#41+#102+#8 for #5+#65+#130)

6: CLE Dee Milliner
7: ARI Lane Johnson
8: DET Ziggy Ansah
9: NYJ Kiki Mingo
10: TEN Star Lotulelei
11: SD Cordarrelle Patterson
12: MIA Jarvis Jones
13: TB Sheldon Richardson
14: CAR Tavon Austin
They have Chance, Cooper, Vacarro still left. Why move up to 10?

In no scenario (ones besides the one posted) do I see they need to move up to #9 to get Vacarro, Cooper, Chance or Lane; the 4 guys you said. They could move up to #13 and get one of those guys while paying a lot less.

If you were Dallas would you, with a lower cap (cuz penalties), trade your second round pick (for the second time in 2 years) to move for Vacarro who shouldn't go higher than 15 anyways?

For it to be realistic it needs to fit both sides. You name 4 players that are slated to go #8 or later and say Dallas may want to move up for one of them. That isn't even you being sure about it. It is hopeful. The top 14 I put up was my Lion's mock I made. I then have them trade to #15 using their 2nds to take Chance Warmack. Buffalo has to go up at #5 IMO. If they wait til #8 they have to go thru CLE and ARI both of whom have worked out Geno. Even in CLE is smoke screening (which BUF won't know and waiting risks CLE taking him) they are another pivot point for a trade because ARI has no QB at all. So Buffalo swaps picks (doesn't lose any) to move up and secure Geno.

You have Dallas moving up to 9 while throwing their 2nd away not because of a Dallas want but because the Jets want (or you for the Jets Razz ) to. Then you have MIN moving up because they have extra picks. Not because of a player that fell.
I

Sig bet
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Nothing is absolute. So it isn't always true but it happens more often then throwing half a draft away.

You keep saying they can trade up to select one of 3 guys. If they could take any of those guys the shouldn't they wait until they have to move to take one?

If the draft went:

Quote:
1: KC Luke Joeckel
2: JAX Dion Jordan
3: OAK Sharrif Floyd
4: PHI Eric Fisher
5: Trade! BUF Geno Smith

DET gets their 2nd and 4th and trade DETs 3rd and 5th. (#41+#102+#8 for #5+#65+#130)

6: CLE Dee Milliner
7: ARI Lane Johnson
8: DET Ziggy Ansah
9: NYJ Kiki Mingo
10: TEN Star Lotulelei
11: SD Cordarrelle Patterson
12: MIA Jarvis Jones
13: TB Sheldon Richardson
14: CAR Tavon Austin
They have Chance, Cooper, Vacarro still left. Why move up to 10?

In no scenario (ones besides the one posted) do I see they need to move up to #10 to get Vacarro, Cooper, Chance or Lane; the 4 guys you said. They could move up to #13 and get one of those guys while paying a lot less.

If you were Dallas would you, with a lower cap (cuz penalties), trade your second round pick (for the second time in 2 years) to move for Vacarro who shouldn't go higher than 15 anyways?

For it to be realistic it needs to fit both sides. You name 4 players that are slated to go #8 or later and say Dallas may want to move up for one of them. That isn't even you being sure about it. It is hopeful. The top 14 I put up was my Lion's mock I made. I then have them trade to #15 using their 2nds to take Chance Warmack. Buffalo has to go up at #5 IMO. If they wait til #8 they have to go thru CLE and ARI both of whom have worked out Geno. Even in CLE is smoke screening (which BUF won't know and waiting risks CLE taking him) they are another pivot point for a trade because ARI has no QB at all. So Buffalo swaps picks (doesn't lose any) to move up and secure Geno.

You have Dallas moving up to 10 while throwing their 2nd away not because of a Dallas want but because the Jets want (or you for the Jets Razz ) to. Then you have MIN moving up because they have extra picks. Not because of a player that fell.
I

lol My God dude, that's IF the draft order goes like that. I mentioned Star, and that example has him going at #10. That's a perfect reason to jump up to #9 if they really want him. So there you go, Cowboys want a Star on Star's helmet. Like the examples I gave, sometimes teams give up extra picks for a prospect they really want. Because of thethe rookie cap rules, teams are more confident to move up knowing they don't have to pay $60 milliion off the bat.

This mock wasn't about the details. That's why I didn't mention the cap hits and cuts and etc. It was just something simple I put together and I wanted to see what people thought about the ideas and who I actually selected. It's not like all mocks on here mention why another team trades up with us. Laughing

Quote:
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
lol My God dude, that's IF the draft order goes like that. I mentioned Star, and that example has him going at #10. That's a perfect reason to jump up to #9 if they really want him. So there you go, Cowboys want a Star on Star's helmet. Like the examples I gave, sometimes teams give up extra picks for a prospect they really want. Because of thethe rookie cap rules, teams are more confident to move up knowing they don't have to pay $60 milliion off the bat.

This mock wasn't about the details. That's why I didn't mention the cap hits and cuts and etc. It was just something simple I put together and I wanted to see what people thought about the ideas and who I actually selected. It's not like all mocks on here mention why another team trades up with us. Laughing
Some guys on here don't use punctuation, you still do cuz it is correct.

I'm not telling you your horrible. I'm just saying it is unrealistic. If you are gonna make an unrealistic mock you might as well have Dion Jordan drop to #9 and Tyran Mathieu to the 7th.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: