Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign DT Vance Walker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what we play so long as the best 11 are on the field.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
LE Houston/Hunter
DT Kelly/Walker
NT Sims/Bilukudi
RE /Crawford

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone important

Kidi is not a NT.

Ah thanks.

I think he can rotate at both spots. He's not the one dimensional run stopper Sims is but he can play the spot in a 43.

Bilukidi is actually good enough and big and strong enough to play wherever he want.

I have never seen a DT play standing up and he did it and did it well. This kid is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I agree. This kid is going to do well.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 MILE LYLE wrote:
I don't care what we play so long as the best 11 are on the field.

Pretty much my stance. I've heard some decent stuff about Walker but I don't know much about him. I'm just glad we're focusing on the front of the defense right now instead of previous regimes who would have had 6 CBs by now.

McKenzie doesn't a whole lot to work w/ but w/ what he does, he's doing a very good job IMO.

PM sig requests.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his name keep reminding me of Star Wars
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KFFL.com wrote:
Raiders | Vance Walker contract update
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:08:49 -0700

Oakland Raiders DT Vance Walker's one-year deal with the team is worth $2 million. The deal includes a $1.3 million base salary, with a $500,000 signing bonus and $200,000 workout bonus.

Hmmmm. Confused

I kind of wish this was a longer deal for a guy that's 25 years old. I have to wonder if Walker is betting on himself that he will make a big impact and be in line for a big contract after this year. But it could be a situation where he )and his agent) see all the dead money (about $30M) coming off of the Raiders books next year and wanting a piece of that pie.

This underscores the need for a young rookie DT seeing as we have two vets signed for only one year.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
KFFL.com wrote:

Oakland Raiders DT Vance Walker's one-year deal with the team is worth $2 million. The deal includes a $1.3 million base salary, with a $500,000 signing bonus and $200,000 workout bonus.

Hmmmm. Confused

I kind of wish this was a longer deal for a guy that's 25 years old. I have to wonder if Walker is betting on himself that he will make a big impact and be in line for a big contract after this year. But it could be a situation where he )and his agent) see all the dead money (about $30M) coming off of the Raiders books next year and wanting a piece of that pie.

This underscores the need for a young rookie DT seeing as we have two vets signed for only one year.

Yeah we'll probably only re sign one of them, which is why I want to take Star in the first round.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Williams in the 4th. I don't think there is much difference other than Star being 2 inches taller.

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
KFFL.com wrote:

Hmmmm. Confused

I know we're not exactly money bags or a big free agency destination, but this kind of sucks.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can kind of see why both sides would be cautious with a one year deal. You have a young talent that just got his career going strong last year so you want him to prove it again. And the player wants to prove it and get a bigger payday next year.

But what is the difference between Walker and Cousin Rock?

Both are around 25. Both are around 4 year vets. Both played well last year. I wonder if it was agent driven, player driven or Raider driven? It will be interesting to see how this works itself out next offseason. Especially if Walker plays well this year.

Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Or Williams in the 4th. I don't think there is much difference other than Star being 2 inches taller.

Taking Brandon Williams in the third or fourth round would give us an excellent defensive tackle rotation next season. Sims - Bilukidi - Walker - Williams would probably be the best interior defensive line in terms of stopping the run we've had in forever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I can kind of see why both sides would be cautious with a one year deal. You have a young talent that just got his career going strong last year so you want him to prove it again. And the player wants to prove it and get a bigger payday next year.

Both are around 25. Both are around 4 year vets. Both played well last year. I wonder if it was agent driven, player driven or Raider driven? It will be interesting to see how this works itself out next offseason. Especially if Walker plays well this year.

Thats the thing. If he balls, he'll want $$$ and probably a better team too.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

If he REALLY balls you could slap the franchise tag on him. I would have liked to see a longer deal for sure, but it does make sense for both sides. Were trying to get back to even in terms of money and dont want to tie up big money in anybody at this point, and Walker wants to prove hes worth a big pay day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

One has a lot more upside than the other. Walker didn't find the market he was looking for so he agreed to a one year deal with a starting job to improve his value next offseason while Maiava is just happy to have some kind of role for a team.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

RM would have probably prefered signing him to a multiple years deal but it takes two to tango.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Falcons forum...

scar988 wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:
How was he for you throughout his entire time with you?

Arguably the best rotational DT in the NFL. He deserved a shot to start but Corey Peters was just better. I've always been a huge fan of Vance's.

Sonic Raider wrote:
What is he like in the locker room and off the field?

model citizen. Wasn't a leader in the locker room in the pros but was a team captain in college. Definitely a guy who believes in the team concept.

I didn't realize what a good signing this was.

Does this kill the common mock pick of Floyd? I hope so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: