Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential draft day trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon4Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Potential draft day trade Reply with quote

So far all we have done in FA is resign our own players (and I'm glad we did) and sign Steven Jackson. I really believe we will sign a DE before the draft. Dream scenario would be Dumerville but it doesn't seem realistic. Best guess is resign Abe, deal should be cap friendly since Bennett only got $5 million. With that said, we still need a starting DE, CB and would like to see us grab a LB and a DT in the draft. What would you guys think about trading our 1st round pick to the 49ers for pick #31 or #33? Normally I would be against trading future picks but in this case I think we should consider it. Chances are that we will be picking near the bottom of the draft next year and the niners have signed/traded for a lot of players so they won't have room for everyone. This way they get to shift a pick to next year. We could target any combo of Werner, Moore, Okafor, Jones, with Trufant, Banks, Wilson, etc. Draft your LB with our own second rounder and a DT in the third. What do you think?
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. And most of the guys you listed won't be there at either pick IMO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It would take more than a 2014 1st rd pick to get the 31st or 33rd pick. We would probably have to throw in our 3rd pick.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: