Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens will start the season on the road: thanks Joe Flacco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet, it would be everything to see an empty orioles parking lot.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the NFL is exploring ideas on having pre-game activities for Baltimore, including the pre-game concert? But our team is in Denver/Pittsburgh.... Laughing

I never knew Karma came with winning a Super Bowl.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute trash. We shoulda had SNF.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of bs.

Now I'll never hear the end of how Baltimore is a baseball town. Rolling Eyes
Nucky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I just don't understand ? MLB teams have a million games. They can't move one ?
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MLB shouldn't have to move anything. This isn't the MLBs fault. This is the fault of the incompetent lazy sleezballs that run the NFL. They're the morons that scheduled the Ravens for that game after knowing the Orioles already had a game. The arrogant idiots probably actually thought they could make any schedule they wanted and any other sport would just bow down to their awesomeness.

I congratulate the MLB for not backing down to these clowns! And the NFL is too proud and arrogant to at least save face and give the Baltimore fans the home opening game that they deserve by placing us on Wednesday night. No, they stick to their guns because they're the NFL... I swear, I think Pollard might've been right, the NFL just might not be around in 30 years. Eventually their cocky attitude and carelessness to the retirees, players, fans, and opposing sports leagues is going to cause a massive implosion. Some football league will be around for sure, because football is an American tradition, but I'm not confident that, that sports league will be called the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, a source close to RSR has shared that the Rooney Family, which owns the Pittsburgh Steelers, vehemently opposed the Wednesday opening citing weaker TV ratings and that they believed such a move would be an unfair advantage for the Ravens giving them an extra day of rest for their second opponent which could be Pittsburgh.

http://russellstreetreport.com/rumor-mill-a-ray-lewis-comeback-draft-day-trades-and-more/

GO RAVENS!!
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Quote:
However, a source close to RSR has shared that the Rooney Family, which owns the Pittsburgh Steelers, vehemently opposed the Wednesday opening citing weaker TV ratings and that they believed such a move would be an unfair advantage for the Ravens giving them an extra day of rest for their second opponent which could be Pittsburgh.

http://russellstreetreport.com/rumor-mill-a-ray-lewis-comeback-draft-day-trades-and-more/

Nope, lets bash the O's for this!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Quote:

NVM, just read the article to the end, and its all a big april fools joke Embarassed

GO RAVENS!!
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Quote:

NVM, just read the article to the end, and its all a big april fools joke Embarassed

LOL I just saw that...

The thing is some of these are a little too feasible to be good april fools jokes (i.e. the Pollard thing, etc.). The Ray Lewis comeback thing was kind of a wild one though.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. I still hold the belief that both sides deserve a share of the 'blame,' in the sense that the MLB/Orioles and the NFL as a whole took stances believed to be in their best interests and left the Ravens with no good options. I see why both sides took the stances that they did, but on either side I also think more could have been done. The NFL has more of a responsibility to make the situation right than the Orioles/MLB do, but at the same time, the Orioles know better what this means to the city of Baltimore and they were also offered financial incentives by the Ravens to help them out and declined, so I'm not going to act like they did as much as they could, either.

The more interesting part there to me was this:

Quote:
With the 11th pick in Round 2 of the 2010 NFL Draft the Ravens selected Sergio Kindle. However the team nearly made a swap with the Buffalo Bills to move up two spots in front of New England to select Rob Gronkowski. Now that he’s no longer with the team, we’ve recently learned that it was none other than Cam Cameron who convinced Ozzie Newsome to kill that deal.

Cameron believed that Gronk was not the kind of player who could be effective in his offensive scheme, preferring a more vertical threat at the position. One round later the Ravens selected Ed Dickson even though Ravens’ TE Coach Wade Harman preferred Jimmy Graham who ended up with the New Orleans Saints.

Cam Cameron is the gift that keeps taking away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ It's an April fool's article.

I was wondering why an entire thread disappeared in a matter of seconds too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Goddamit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in any case I suppose my feelings on losing the home game remain the same.

I just won't hold Cam Cameron accountable for us losing a bunch of awesome tight ends. I didn't read any of the other headings, I suppose if I had seen the Ray Lewis comeback thing on first glance I would have been more clued in.

On the Internet at least, this day sucks.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Goddamit.

Yeah, I was just raring to give it a read myself. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: