Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers trying to trade RB LeGarrette Blount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lionslicer


Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 1810
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Why not keep him to back up Martin? He's shown he's an effective runner for them and it's not like he's eating up a big contract. If Martin were to ever get hurt....wouldn't it make sense to have him around?


Blount doesn't want to be a back up and has no interest in being with the Bucs. Last year he just showed up to get a paycheck, he didn't seemed interested in playing at all.
_________________
Kickers are people too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48031
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets or Bengals seem to make a lot of sense, seems to be a good fit for both those teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3187
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take him. Hopefully he doesn't mind RBBC
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mitchconnor


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 1131
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's really not very good at anything. He looks like the kind of guy who'd at least be a short-yardage/goal-line weapon, but he usually just gets stood right up at the line on those plays(or worse yet, fumbles). There are always plenty of guys just like him on the waiver wire during the season if you need a RB badly enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
titwio wrote:
Why not keep him to back up Martin? He's shown he's an effective runner for them and it's not like he's eating up a big contract. If Martin were to ever get hurt....wouldn't it make sense to have him around?


Blount doesn't want to be a back up and has no interest in being with the Bucs. Last year he just showed up to get a paycheck, he didn't seemed interested in playing at all.


I thought I heard him say something like him and Martin could be the best RB duo in the NFL.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mitchconnor


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 1131
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
titwio wrote:
Why not keep him to back up Martin? He's shown he's an effective runner for them and it's not like he's eating up a big contract. If Martin were to ever get hurt....wouldn't it make sense to have him around?


Blount doesn't want to be a back up and has no interest in being with the Bucs. Last year he just showed up to get a paycheck, he didn't seemed interested in playing at all.


I thought I heard him say something like him and Martin could be the best RB duo in the NFL.


That's like saying the Beatles and Nickelback would be an awesome double bill. It's true if you keep the weaker act offstage for the duration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchconnor wrote:
titwio wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
titwio wrote:
Why not keep him to back up Martin? He's shown he's an effective runner for them and it's not like he's eating up a big contract. If Martin were to ever get hurt....wouldn't it make sense to have him around?


Blount doesn't want to be a back up and has no interest in being with the Bucs. Last year he just showed up to get a paycheck, he didn't seemed interested in playing at all.


I thought I heard him say something like him and Martin could be the best RB duo in the NFL.


That's like saying the Beatles and Nickelback would be an awesome double bill. It's true if you keep the weaker act offstage for the duration.


I brought it up because he said Blount didn't want to be a backup or play with the Bucs. I heard him saying encouraging things like what I mentioned about them becoming one of the best duo's in the league. The two stories seem to be conflicting.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13742
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount either fumbles or runs into the back of his o-lineman for a loss of 1.

He is only effective at all if he gets an untouched 5 yard running head start. How often does that happen..?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
Don't know why they dont' keep him.

He's not versatile enough for the type of offense we run.

But we got a sixth for Rejus, so anything's possible.


Well dont expect that from Blount Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 16303
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you guys talking [inappropriate/removed] about Blount wouldn't dare say it to his face.
_________________

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 249 rush yds(8.3), 388 rec yds(11.4), 4 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.2), 65 rec yds(7.2), 2 TDs
Freeman: 636 rush yds(5.6), 37 rec yds(7.4), 11 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 5487
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
All of you guys talking [inappropriate/removed] about Blount wouldn't dare say it to his face.


Well that escalated quickly.
_________________

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:


Deadpulse Ink.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25019
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
All of you guys talking [inappropriate/removed] about Blount wouldn't dare say it to his face.


Well that escalated quickly.



Laughing


simmer down OD.

He isn't being criticized any more or any worse than other players get.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4634
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
All of you guys talking [inappropriate/removed] about Blount wouldn't dare say it to his face.


This actually made me burst out laughing. "Hello Mr. Blount, nice to meet you. You're a crap running back."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
All of you guys talking [inappropriate/removed] about Blount wouldn't dare say it to his face.


Well that escalated quickly.



Laughing


simmer down OD.

He isn't being criticized any more or any worse than other players get.


I'm pretty sure he's joking around about the Boise State player who got in his face and said whatever he said....then got knocked the eff out. Laughing
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 562
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
All of you guys talking [inappropriate/removed] about Blount wouldn't dare say it to his face.


Well, I'm probably running a risk of Blount tracking me down and administering the thrashing I so richly deserve by saying this, but doesn't he have a history of inappropriate behavior, and may be a problem that the Bucs would like to be rid of, whatever the pros and cons of his play on the field?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group