Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders are on the clock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will Raiders do with #3 pick?
QB Geno Smith
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
OT Luke Joeckel
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
OT Eric Fisher
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
LB Dion Jordan
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
CB Dee Milliner
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
DT Star Lotulelei
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Trade down
41%
 41%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 58

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
we're picking Geno Smith. I'll have to deal with it.

I will be the JTagg of Geno Smith pretty much. It will be Geno Smith and that makes me a sad panda.

I refuse to accept that until he is the actual selection. DONT DO IT REGGIE.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
we're picking Geno Smith. I'll have to deal with it.

I will be the JTagg of Geno Smith pretty much. It will be Geno Smith and that makes me a sad panda.

Nooooooo.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing the Pryor guys are the ones who hate Geno the most lmao

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Better accuracy
Better mechanics
Better arm strength
Better smarts

.... I can see why haha

PM sig requests.
dmac505

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

i think its because they feel we have a capable qb in Palmer, and then a big ?? in Pryor.

This team has a ton of holes to fill, and we cant fill them all in one year, id rather fix some of the holes, RT, DE, OLB heck id probably prefer Warmack over geno so LG....

I dont hate Geno, I dont love Pryor or Palmer... but I just think we have bigger needs to fill right now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
oak42069

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

i think its because they feel we have a capable qb in Palmer, and then a big ?? in Pryor.

This team has a ton of holes to fill, and we cant fill them all in one year, id rather fix some of the holes, RT, DE, OLB heck id probably prefer Warmack over geno so LG....

I dont hate Geno, I dont love Pryor or Palmer... but I just think we have bigger needs to fill right now

concur with this,

and who are the starters in the secondary? i see one Branch..., with a little bit of depth but we need 3 starters back there . Ross and Adams are and should be depth guys

i stopped writing in "poem" form to appease some of you
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

concur with this,

and who are the starters in the secondary? i see one Branch..., with a little bit of depth but we need 3 starters back there . Ross and Adams are and should be depth guys

Agreed, but QB is the most important position. And if we feel like he's a franchise guy and don't like Pryor, I don't see the problem. Besides, a DB in the top 3 is horrible value unless its a prospect like Patrick Peterson. Even then its still iffy. A RT or G in the top 3 is poor value too. And honestly, the pass rushers in this class aren't the best either plus we already addressed DT and LB.

Before someone says "Well Geno in the top 3 is bad value too, he sux!!!1!": I said IF we think he's a Franchise guy. I don't think anyone would argue with taking a QB you think is Franchise QB material top 3.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
oak42069

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

concur with this,

Agreed, but QB is the most important position. And if we feel like he's a franchise guy and don't like Pryor, I don't see the problem. Besides, a DB in the top 3 is horrible value unless its a prospect like Patrick Peterson. Even then its still iffy. A RT or G in the top 3 is poor value too. And honestly, the pass rushers in this class aren't the best either plus we already addressed DT and LB.

Before someone says "Well Geno in the top 3 is bad value too, he sux!!!1!": I said IF we think he's a Franchise guy. I don't think anyone would argue with taking a QB you think is Franchise QB material top 3.

very true cant argue with those thoughts. qb is by far the most important position, if pryor isnt the answer and palmer isnt a long timer then it makes sense to draft a qb. i was refering to the corner position as someone mentioned the need of RT, DE, OLB which is accurate enough, shish we need a lot

but i see some capable starts at those positions, when discussing the secondary i see next to nothing. not saying we use a top 5 for the secondary or a top 100 pick but we better get something going on back there. addressing the front 7 will help fill the void and aware we wont fill all needs in just one offseason
backinblack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not sure how I feel about Geno but have faith that if Front office believes he is a franchise QB then I'm fine with it. I believe there is more pressing needs this offseason BUT we need a franchise QB. I would prefer to build up both lines and then get one and give him protection to succeed.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

concur with this,

But he's not! Draft a young QB in the later rounds, fill other needs early.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

I thought you said he's bad because he's the best QB of a bad class? But you want us to pick a QB from the same class you rag on? Smart thinking.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I thought you said he's bad because he's the best QB of a bad class? But you want us to pick a QB from the same class you rag on? Smart thinking.
First off we need a #3 QB, and our 1st round pick is to precious to use on a questionable QB who at this point wouldnt even be our starter. A 5th, 6th , or 7th round pick on a QB late is no big deal let them develop you never know. Next year bring in a top guy throw them in the mix to compete. Honestly looks like Palmer is going to be the starter and I dont think its wise to use our top pick on a QB thats going to ride the bench this year with the limited picks we have.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

First off we need a #3 QB, and our 1st round pick is to precious to use on a questionable QB who at this point wouldnt even be our starter. A 5th, 6th , or 7th round pick on a QB late is no big deal let them develop you never know. Next year bring in a top guy throw them in the mix to compete. Honestly looks like Palmer is going to be the starter and I dont think its wise to use our top pick on a QB thats going to ride the bench this year with the limited picks we have.

I understand what you're saying but I see it differently. I don't think that you should have to start a qb as a rookie just because he's a high pick. If he needs refinement, he needs refinement. Let him sit a year and learn. Build up the team for him when he's ready the next year. Its not like we're going to win anything this year anyway (which is the logic a lot of Pryor fans use too) so any pick we make isn't going to have a huge impact. Plus the top of this draft is pretty weak. If we see him as a Franchise QB, I am A-OK with the pick.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
oak42069

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

true, true

is what i was saying earlier, dont want to use a top 5 pick on a qb unless it is a worthy one ( not saying geno isn't, but def mixed reports so far)

dont want to spend it on a cb either. pretty sure we gonna address either the o line or d line with the top 3 pick. grab a qb later on or wait on it til next years draft , especially if it's a more solid qb class
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Some teams don't carry a #3QB. You don't really need one as they quality of play you will get will be the equivalent of a street FA in many cases. Rather than pay a guy to watch games from the best seat in the house just call him up if and when you need him.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: