Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Team Needs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unko_B

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be immediately addressed:

D End/Rush Linebacker - Preferably young talent
Right Tackle - (Stop gap/or future RT) Dominant run blocker >>>
Guard - Must rebuild line to help DMC
CB - both Vets & youngins to battle Peyton, Rivers, & Andy Reid offenses
FS - A true Center Field safety with range. Allows Branch to focus in the box, instead of covering everyones man.

Developmental prospects:

QB - Next year TP & new QB battle for starting job
CB - Someone/Anyone consistent
RB - Is DMC the answer for the next 5 years? Should he compliment someone or vice versa. Is it time to move on?
TE - Define our offense. Blocking/Possession TE (M. Lewis) vs. Mismatch/stretch the field TE (J. Graham). Which mold of TE do we need?
DT - Continue to build in trenches
WR - Play makers or big body possession receivers

Veteran leadership is greatly under appreciated, especially when it comes from the QB. CP3 is serviceable as a leader & game manager. Young leaders such as RG3 & Luck were rare for their ages & I doubt we may see another like them, let alone two in the same draft. Use CP3 for the locker room, film room, & even as a game manager. If he can help build our young talent now, when we finally move on from CP3 & bring in a rookie at QB everyone else will help the QB out. CP3 can at least fill those roles if nothing else. I think he deserves a fair shot with a full compliment of weapons on offense, an opportunity he was never afforded thus far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tier 1
Edge rusher x2 (Whichever scheme you're predicting, we need an outside pass rush.)
Right tackle
Tight End
Free safety
Cornerback x2
Playmaker at any position

We have no one to threaten the edge other than Houston, who is far better suited to an under tackle role. We have a gaping hole at right tackle, tight end, and free safety. We have Phillip Adams at corner who looked great in limited action, but has that concussion issue. Aside from him, we have diddly poo. We lack even a semblance of a playmaker on either side of the ball.

Tier 2
Wide receiver
Offensive guard
Defensive tackle

Lots of one year wonders and flashes in the pan playing wide out, but nothing substantial. Bergstrom and Nix might prove to be a good tandem of guards, and Brisiel will obviously be occupying a roster spot for reasons unknown. We have a few bodies at DT now, with Vance Walker being the most intriguing. A bona fide starting nose tackle would help me sleep at night, though.

Tier 3
Quarterback (Better to wait until next year to look for a starter.)
Running back
Defensive back depth
Swing offensive tackle
Tight end depth

We'll roll with either Palmer or Pryor this year and try our luck with a deeper, more talented (we hope) 2014 quarterback class. Running back is obviously a high priority need right now, but they're a dime a dozen. We lack even warm bodies at the #2 free and strong safety spots. A legitimate third offensive tackle is a must for any team, and we don't have one. Gordon and Ausberry are still under contract, but neither has proven worthy of a roster spot. When the only guy ahead of you is Brandon Myers, and you can't get on the field, you're not very good.

Last edited by Joe Nobody on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
High priority

DE(pass rusher) By far our biggest need, i dont see anyone on the roster that can consistently get to the Qb and with our lack of Quality DBs it is a major concern
CB We need a #1 and #2
RT We need a mauler who will beast it up in the run game
FS Prefer a ball hawk, that excells in coverage
TE Need a balanced TE who can help out in the run game

Moderate priority

RB Back up RB that can carry the load if DMC goes down
WR We're full of potential, but untill someone steps up and is a legit go to we need to continue to bring in Wrs
OG I may be in the minority, but i have a feeling Briesel and Bergstrom can be solid starters for us
QB Do we have our QB of the future on our roster?
P its about time for a new face unless Shane take less money or King is ready for full time duty

For me this is about as close as it comes to exactly what we need. Couldn't have said it better.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Tier 1
Edge rusher x2 (Whichever scheme you're predicting, we need an outside pass rush.)
Right tackle
Tight End
Free safety
Cornerback x2
Playmaker at any position

We have no one to threaten the edge other than Houston, who is far better suited to an under tackle role. We have a gaping hole at right tackle, tight end, and free safety. We have Phillip Adams at corner who looked great in limited action, but has that concussion issue. Aside from him, we have diddly poo. We lack even a semblance of a playmaker on either side of the ball.

Tier 2
Wide receiver
Offensive guard
Defensive tackle

Lots of one year wonders and flashes in the pan playing wide out, but nothing substantial. Bergstrom and Nix might prove to be a good tandem of guards, and Brisiel will obviously be occupying a roster spot for reasons unknown. We have a few bodies at DT now, with Vance Walker being the most intriguing. A bona fide starting nose tackle would help me sleep at night, though.

Tier 3
Quarterback (Better to wait until next year to look for a starter.)
Running back
Defensive back depth
Swing offensive tackle
Tight end depth

We'll roll with either Palmer or Pryor this year and try our luck with a deeper, more talented (we hope) 2014 quarterback class. Running back is obviously a high priority need right now, but they're a dime a dozen. We lack even warm bodies at the #2 free and strong safety spots. A legitimate third offensive tackle is a must for any team, and we don't have one. Gordon and Ausberry are still under contract, but neither has proven worthy of a roster spot. When the only guy ahead of you is Brandon Myers, and you can't get on the field, you're not very good.

Bang on. This is pretty much exactly the way I feel about our needs.
raiders707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB
FS
Rde
Kelly will stay but we need a dt of thr future
TE
RB
RT
OG
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest needs imo are, in this order:-

DB
DL
LB

of the players likely available at number 3 I'd be inclided to go Star or Joeckel or fischer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: