Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Team Needs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
QB isn't a need

Did we sign a QB ?

Nope but we still have Palmer

Yeah I am aware we have Palmer. QB for long term is a need IMO.
#clueless
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
QB isn't a need

Did we sign a QB ?

That is more like a want than a need. We don't need a long term solution at QB to win games this season. Palmer gives us a better chance this season than any FA or QB in the draft by far. IMO
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by Palmer's arm strength and how he played last season, he could be around for a few more years. I believe he has it in him. We don't NEED a QB but it would be nice. I would also love it if he were to take a pay cut of some sort which obviously will not happen but I can dream. If Palmer leaves, QB instantly becomes the top need for this team b/c.... well aside from him, we don't have one. Kinda important IMO.

PM sig requests.
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Dessie wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
QB isn't a need

Did we sign a QB ?

That is more like a want than a need. We don't need a long term solution at QB to win games this season. Palmer gives us a better chance this season than any FA or QB in the draft by far. IMO

totally agree and im sure our coaching staff knows and thinks the same

qb is not a great need but a need if we are looking well into the future.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like to use desperate. In ranking priority adjusted for availability in FA and strength positions of draft:

UT - Not critical for a 43 but definitely an element that creates matchup problems if you can find a special one. Pioli recently said on the NFL Network that interior pass rushers are extremely hard to find. With Bryant and Seymour gone, aren't very many Warren Sapps in this world. UTs Floyd and Richardson look really tempting. After those two there are some nice prospects but not with their athleticism. Answer: Tommy Kelly. In a shocker TK returns to his more natural position

LG - No team has lost more QBs to injury than the Raiders over the last 4 seasons. The left side of the OL is considered the pass protection side. While Veldheer has been solid the Raiders have been hemorrhaging at LG for quite some time. A quality addition at LG that could hold his own would help solidify both positions. Currently the market is lean both in the draft (Warmack and some OT converts: Dallas Thomas, Long) and in FA. Warmack is great but after him I can't identify a notable LG coming out. SURELY, Carlisle will not be the Raiders starting LG on opening day?!?!?! Answer: Cooper Carlisle returns

TE - I'm going to TE here as the Raiders attempt to find the ever elusive prospect that can both block AND catch at a discount. The FA appears lean but I believe the Raiders are waiting to see what happens with Finley. If Finley returns to GB this draft is heavy with TE talent albeit unknown. Answer: The ultra-cheap Thompson rebukes Finley's $3M roster bonus and Finley bolts for GB West.

RT - More specifically the Raiders desperately need a RT but there are a number of options. In FA: Barnes, Vollmer, Andre Smith, Winston. Draft: Fluker. If the Raiders don't pick up a RT in FA then Barnes, who is a decent run-blocker but is a liability in pass protection is probably coming back. I don't see a day one starting RT in the draft outside of Fluker. Answer: Barnes resigns

FS - Deep safety class. Texas do-everything-safety Kenny Vaccaro is now a dark-horse draftee if the Raiders trade down. Answer: Draft

CB - The Raiders have been conspicuously not addressing the CB position as they have the LB corps the way a Saber-metrician would. The Raiders will probably address one of the starting CB positions in the draft. Answer: Draft

WR - Not a consensus franchise WR but it is a deep class. According to Saber-metrics FA WRs rarely workout. Answer: Draft

RB - Goodson is gone and McFadden has not proven durable. DMC is a be a FA in 2014 his heir apparent could be drafted to ensure a seamless transition. Answer: Draft
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Dessie wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
QB isn't a need

Did we sign a QB ?

We are rebuilding, I am looking at it for the long term, Palmer is not going to be the long term future but for short term I have no problem. Does not mean a QB is not a need though especially at the price Palmer currently commands.
#clueless
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High priority

DE(pass rusher) By far our biggest need, i dont see anyone on the roster that can consistently get to the Qb and with our lack of Quality DBs it is a major concern
CB We need a #1 and #2
RT We need a mauler who will beast it up in the run game
FS Prefer a ball hawk, that excells in coverage
TE Need a balanced TE who can help out in the run game

Moderate priority

RB Back up RB that can carry the load if DMC goes down
WR We're full of potential, but untill someone steps up and is a legit go to we need to continue to bring in Wrs
OG I may be in the minority, but i have a feeling Briesel and Bergstrom can be solid starters for us
QB Do we have our QB of the future on our roster?
P its about time for a new face unless Shane take less money or King is ready for full time duty
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I dont like to use desperate. In ranking priority adjusted for availability in FA and strength positions of draft:

UT - Not critical for a 43 but definitely an element that creates matchup problems if you can find a special one. Pioli recently said on the NFL Network that interior pass rushers are extremely hard to find. With Bryant and Seymour gone, aren't very many Warren Sapps in this world. UTs Floyd and Richardson look really tempting. After those two there are some nice prospects but not with their athleticism. Answer: Tommy Kelly. In a shocker TK returns to his more natural position

LG - No team has lost more QBs to injury than the Raiders over the last 4 seasons. The left side of the OL is considered the pass protection side. While Veldheer has been solid the Raiders have been hemorrhaging at LG for quite some time. A quality addition at LG that could hold his own would help solidify both positions. Currently the market is lean both in the draft (Warmack and some OT converts: Dallas Thomas, Long) and in FA. Warmack is great but after him I can't identify a notable LG coming out. SURELY, Carlisle will not be the Raiders starting LG on opening day?!?!?! Answer: Cooper Carlisle returns

TE - I'm going to TE here as the Raiders attempt to find the ever elusive prospect that can both block AND catch at a discount. The FA appears lean but I believe the Raiders are waiting to see what happens with Finley. If Finley returns to GB this draft is heavy with TE talent albeit unknown. Answer: The ultra-cheap Thompson rebukes Finley's $3M roster bonus and Finley bolts for GB West.

RT - More specifically the Raiders desperately need a RT but there are a number of options. In FA: Barnes, Vollmer, Andre Smith, Winston. Draft: Fluker. If the Raiders don't pick up a RT in FA then Barnes, who is a decent run-blocker but is a liability in pass protection is probably coming back. I don't see a day one starting RT in the draft outside of Fluker. Answer: Barnes resigns

FS - Deep safety class. Texas do-everything-safety Kenny Vaccaro is now a dark-horse draftee if the Raiders trade down. Answer: Draft

CB - The Raiders have been conspicuously not addressing the CB position as they have the LB corps the way a Saber-metrician would. The Raiders will probably address one of the starting CB positions in the draft. Answer: Draft

WR - Not a consensus franchise WR but it is a deep class. According to Saber-metrics FA WRs rarely workout. Answer: Draft

RB - Goodson is gone and McFadden has not proven durable. DMC is a be a FA in 2014 his heir apparent could be drafted to ensure a seamless transition. Answer: Draft

would love to have Finley, we could sell him on the fact hed be our #1 target...how much would he be asking for though? id say his value is a lot lower than it was last off season...
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High

RE
FS
CB
LG
RT

Medium

RB
TE

Low

WR
RG
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything...

Top priority:

1. Qb.... Or wr.... Or ol... Or Dt... Or we could use a pass rusher.... Or a MLB.... Or a corner.... Or a real head coach... Possibly a real gm too...

2. Anything not satisfied in 1. ^

3. A real gm...

4. A real gm....

5. A real gm.....

Just read the power rankings on nfl.com and we were dead last, most unsuccessful team in f.a.... And we probably had the most holes going in....

Did I mention we need a real gm? Mind you, if your the kinda guy that likes losing, having an awful roster, cutting the less awful players on your awful roster, while keeping the most awful players on your awful roster, provides back ups with starting jobs, and has a routine hibernation pattern which starts in feb and ends in march (notice this is also, coincidentally, the fa signing period) than I think we've got our gm of the future....

Color me unimpressed... Hard not to write off next season when your own gm is basically doing the same...
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Everything...

Top priority:

1. Qb.... Or wr.... Or ol... Or Dt... Or we could use a pass rusher.... Or a MLB.... Or a corner.... Or a real head coach... Possibly a real gm too...

3. A real gm...

4. A real gm....

5. A real gm.....

Just read the power rankings on nfl.com and we were dead last, most unsuccessful team in f.a.... And we probably had the most holes going in....

Did I mention we need a real gm? Mind you, if your the kinda guy that likes losing, having an awful roster, cutting the less awful players on your awful roster, while keeping the most awful players on your awful roster, provides back ups with starting jobs, and has a routine hibernation pattern which starts in feb and ends in march (notice this is also, coincidentally, the fa signing period) than I think we've got our gm of the future....

Color me unimpressed... Hard not to write off next season when your own gm is basically doing the same...
Damn lol. Kinda harsh boss. Sounds like you want Reggie to make chicken salad outta chicken s***... This wasn't your usual rebuilding process. Al left us with a horrible cap situation and limited picks. The talent we did have was being paid elite dollar and weren't elite players on their best day. I do believe this upcoming season is a wash. We won't be a very talented team. I'm thinkin 6 wins at best. But in 2014 we will really see what Reggie is about.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Everything...

Top priority:

3. A real gm...

4. A real gm....

5. A real gm.....

Come back when you develop any football knowledge. Or a brain.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

would love to have Finley, we could sell him on the fact hed be our #1 target...how much would he be asking for though? id say his value is a lot lower than it was last off season...

Finley was awful last year. Was among the league leaders in drops I believe.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These 3 need to be adressed with our 1st round pick

DE
DT
CB

2nd tier

FS
G
RT

3rd

TE
WR
RB
PR

we shoulden't waste a draft pick because we have so many needs to fill tier

QB
K
P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
HvacRaider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High priority

Pass rush- from rde or olb
Rt
Cornerbacks

Medium priority

DT- not 100% sold on the 2 new dt's and who knows with Kelly
LG
RB- love DMC would love him more if he played all 16+

Low
TIght end- ausberry???winslow????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: