Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals Resign Maualuga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
'he just needs to stop listening to what others say'.

You guys need to just stop listening to what Marvin says. Because if you've followed the team for more than 5 minutes you know he smoke screens with the best of them. Can't trust anything he says this time of year.

If he's still saying this stuff in late August, then we're in trouble. For now, stop worrying so much. The sky is not falling. The world is not ending. And for the love of Pete (whoever he is), there shouldn't be any talk at this time about firing Marvin because of a quote in March.

March!

Disagree. We are one of the most transparent teams in terms of need going into the draft every year. Also in terms of strategy for how we'll setup our team.

Last season the talk was of having Taylor Mays as one of the starting safeties. Of course he got his shot (failed) and then we moved Clements over and signed Crocker. But the plan laid out in March was what we went with.

Same in the running game. BJGE and a RB by committee was the plan. And of course what is what we went with until Bernard Scott got hurt. We still attempted to keep that strategy.

If Marvin is saying Burfict at WLB and Rey at MLB, barring injury or the coaches seeing that it's failing in the preseason that will be our strategy...
Ocho Cinco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
'he just needs to stop listening to what others say'.

You guys need to just stop listening to what Marvin says. Because if you've followed the team for more than 5 minutes you know he smoke screens with the best of them. Can't trust anything he says this time of year.

If he's still saying this stuff in late August, then we're in trouble. For now, stop worrying so much. The sky is not falling. The world is not ending. And for the love of Pete (whoever he is), there shouldn't be any talk at this time about firing Marvin because of a quote in March.

March!

Disagree. We are one of the most transparent teams in terms of need going into the draft every year. Also in terms of strategy for how we'll setup our team.

Last season the talk was of having Taylor Mays as one of the starting safeties. Of course he got his shot (failed) and then we moved Clements over and signed Crocker. But the plan laid out in March was what we went with.

Same in the running game. BJGE and a RB by committee was the plan. And of course what is what we went with until Bernard Scott got hurt. We still attempted to keep that strategy.

If Marvin is saying Burfict at WLB and Rey at MLB, barring injury or the coaches seeing that it's failing in the preseason that will be our strategy...

... I hate you right now for pointing out things that just ruined my day. Cann we just revolt and take over the Bengals franchise?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocho Cinco wrote:
... I hate you right now for pointing out things that just ruined my day.

You sound like my wife.

On the plus side, maybe we'll focus on the offense in the draft. Our D might not get better but at least is a SB caliber D with Zimmer at the helm. Our offense is what needs to improve for us to take the next step...
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try to find some examples to support my side, but you know what? I don't even care.

You probably right. Marvin may have never thrown up a successful in his entire coaching career. I'm just so tired of the constant panic and angst over every roster move and coaching decision. I just want to enjoy the games. And that's a lot easier to do when you just let March quotes go.

So, i'll assume that Rey is back at MLB and Burfict stays at WLB. That's fine with me. We can argue over right decision/wrong decision come September/October.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I'd try to find some examples to support my side, but you know what? I don't even care.

You probably right. Marvin may have never thrown up a successful in his entire coaching career. I'm just so tired of the constant panic and angst over every roster move and coaching decision. I just want to enjoy the games. And that's a lot easier to do when you just let March quotes go.

Dude, it's a message board. We talk about March quotes in March. It's not like we complain a lot here...
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Dude, it's a message board. We talk about March quotes in March. It's not like we complain a lot here...

I know. I guess it was the comments that were saying fire Marvin and whatnot that threw me over the edge (looking at you JD Evil or Very Mad ). Let's slow down a little and just see how things play out before heaping criticism on a coaching staff that is actually pretty good.

If Howard resigns and they draft a LB in the first round, all of you might be singing a different tune.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Ocho Cinco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

I know. I guess it was the comments that were saying fire Marvin and whatnot that threw me over the edge (looking at you JD Evil or Very Mad ). Let's slow down a little and just see how things play out before heaping criticism on a coaching staff that is actually pretty good.

If Howard resigns and they draft a LB in the first round, all of you might be singing a different tune.

I still remember back when we had Odell Thurman.. man if only hadn't been a damn messup >.<
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Exactly how I feel. That's why I don't think that Marvin is smokescreening. This is his strategy, the only way Rey gets moved to SLB is if he fails at MLB. I don't think it's as if he isn't gonna get a shot at MLB, that's where they want to play him.

What I found very interesting were Marvin's comments about the WR's we have on the roster right now.
Joe Reedy wrote:
The one thing Lewis was not a fan of was Paul Daugherty’s Sunday column about how the team needs to be more proactive in free agency and gaining a ring on the ladder of local perception. While Doc did write that he wasn’t bashing Mohamed Sanu, Lewis did try and offer his rebuttal about Doc’s claim that the team needs a complementary wide receiver by saying that ”Mo Sanu (is) way ahead of where one certain receiver (Chad Johnson) was in his second year playing in the National Football League. I’ll go on record saying that.”

I think he's really confident in what we have at wideout right now, and maybe he should feel that way because both Sanu and Jones showed some really good things last year. With that said I think that I'd be shocked if we take WR in round one.

As I've said before I think the only positions we are considering at 21 are OT (if Andre isn't resigned), RB, LB, S, OG - in that order. Fully expect the pick to be Fluker if Andre isn't resigned and if Andre is brought back either Eddie Lacy or Alec Ogletree (maybe Te'o or Arthur Brown). If Jonathan Cooper or Warmack is there I do think we will consider them.
Hokie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Marvin is being serious about Rey staying at MLB, then my thoughts on this deal have completely changed. He's proven over the last two seasons he's one of the worst MLBs in the league. There is no positive way to spend it, unless you blindly defend Marv and/or Zim.

Of course it's only March, and Rey may never play another snap at MLB for all we know. I'm just tired of the general stubbornness being shown by this franchise lately.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

i never said our coaching staff was bad. I said if things didnt work out this year, i would rather take a chance on change than keep staying the same year to year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: