Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals Resign Maualuga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Marvin said today he doesnt anticipate Rey making the switch back to SLB. Awesome...

Clearly we value continuity over everything. Get ready for two more seasons of mediocracy.

If 'mediocrity' is a top 10 play-off calibre defence under Zimmer, then I'll take it.

I know we often criticise guys like Geathers and Maualuga; me included; but if Zim thinks these guys are important, then I'll go along with it.
ark23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Marvin said today he doesnt anticipate Rey making the switch back to SLB. Awesome...

Clearly we value continuity over everything. Get ready for two more seasons of mediocracy.

What the hell. So keep him at MLB? How do they think that is even an ok idea.

I give up if they keep him as the starting MLB. I'm fine with keeping Burfict at WLB, but not if Rey is the MLB
This is bad on multiple levels. First it's likely that Thomas Howard isn't coming back then as Burfict is entrenched at WLB and Maualuga at MLB. I'd expect a draft pick at SLB to compete with Aaron Maybin and Brandon Joiner. But now this also means we are likely to view LB as less of a priority and we are far more pigeon-holed in terms of who we can draft.

Not a fan, my hope is we resign Howard for depth anyway and draft an early round LB who is a three down player. But I'm starting to think that's unlikely. I know that we were good defensively last year and I know continuity is important but we aren't upgrading the weak link on our roster then.
Ocho Cinco

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Everyone makes a big deal about Ocho Cinco, but no one says anything about wrminning (which I will always read as mr winning)? It's like I don't even know you guys anymore.

It's great to have you back wrminning!!

And honestly I think I died inside reading that Rey may not be switching. I feel as if I am a part of a small minority that still believes that he may still be able to make himself to the playmaker we thought we were eying. However I also am the same guy that thought drew Stubbs was the next big thing at centerfield three years ago...
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I still think Rey ends up at SLB. If they have Burfict at WLB and draft a guy like Minter then we will have no starting LB's who are good in coverage, and only Lamur coming off the bench and no one else who can match up with the freak TE's.

And remember, this could very well be a draft smoke screen.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the many problems with re-signing Rey is the opportunity cost of not fixing the position. The team is paying him so much they must believe he's not the problem, he's the answer. So they won't have adequate alternatives when he fails again.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Eh, I still think Rey ends up at SLB. If they have Burfict at WLB and draft a guy like Minter then we will have no starting LB's who are good in coverage, and only Lamur coming off the bench and no one else who can match up with the freak TE's.

And remember, this could very well be a draft smoke screen.

Exactly what I was thinking. We can't start tipping our hand now. We have 10 picks, and I don't want to have to burn them to move up because others get a bead on what we ware trying to do and move in front of us.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
draft smoke screen.

uh huh

gul·li·ble
/ˈgələbəl/

Adjective
Easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.

Synonyms
credulous - naive - trustful

Sorry, you guys got duped. You can stop jumping off the cliff. The coaches are pros and very good at what they do. Rey started at MLB all last year because there was no viable alternative. You can't have guys switch positions in the middle of the year, and there certainly wasn't anyone on the roster to take his spot. Fear not, he won't start at MLB this year. The very fact that Marvin said he would should have tipped you off otherwise...

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Owners breakfast tomorrow, Marvin has reiterated multiple times that Tez will stay at will and Rey at MLb.....lord help us

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
At the Owners breakfast tomorrow, Marvin has reiterated multiple times that Tez will stay at will and Rey at MLb.....lord help us

This is what happens when mediocrity is acceptable...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

This is what happens when mediocrity is acceptable...

He said multiple times that Rey improved last year and needs to stop worrying about what people think and just play.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't make the playoffs this year, Marvin needs to go. I'd rather risk falling back into Suckland than waste this talent staying in constant mediocrity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
He said multiple times that Rey improved last year and needs to stop worrying about what people think and just play.

Am I crazy in thinking the bolded is 100% false? The best I saw him play was in 2011 before he got hurt. Last season he just sucked. First they blamed his weight and then 'he just needs to stop listening to what others say'.

He can definitely get better, but last season he was atrocious...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
'he just needs to stop listening to what others say'.

You guys need to just stop listening to what Marvin says. Because if you've followed the team for more than 5 minutes you know he smoke screens with the best of them. Can't trust anything he says this time of year.

If he's still saying this stuff in late August, then we're in trouble. For now, stop worrying so much. The sky is not falling. The world is not ending. And for the love of Pete (whoever he is), there shouldn't be any talk at this time about firing Marvin because of a quote in March.

March!

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

You guys need to just stop listening to what Marvin says. Because if you've followed the team for more than 5 minutes you know he smoke screens with the best of them. Can't trust anything he says this time of year.

If he's still saying this stuff in late August, then we're in trouble. For now, stop worrying so much. The sky is not falling. The world is not ending. And for the love of Pete (whoever he is), there shouldn't be any talk at this time about firing Marvin because of a quote in March.

March!

Thank you President Palmer. Everyone else needs to relax and take in a good comedy.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

March!

Thank you President Palmer. Everyone else needs to relax and take in a good comedy.

What fun is that? This is the time to freak out man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: