Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
It is pretty simple. He feels he is entitled to the left tackle position; the Chiefs do not. If they felt he was entitled to the position, it would be a foregone conclusion that he was going to be their left tackle this season. At the present, that is not the case.The guys who sign the checks are the ones who decide who earned what.

He's entitled to it because he's earned it with years of good play at LT.

He's not being traded to a team to be a guard or RT either

With any luck, he will entitle himself onto a winning team.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
It is pretty simple. He feels he is entitled to the left tackle position; the Chiefs do not. If they felt he was entitled to the position, it would be a foregone conclusion that he was going to be their left tackle this season. At the present, that is not the case.The guys who sign the checks are the ones who decide who earned what.

That'd be nice for Albert.

Hopefully the Chiefs can reach there at a certain point.
TD: 0
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

That'd be nice for Albert.

Hopefully the Chiefs can reach there at a certain point.

If they can unload him for some picks, they might get there sooner rather than later if they play their cards right in the draft.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
skrILL wrote:
The Chiefs are trying to be a bit too cute IMO. Like someone else said they're making this OL situation way more complicated than it has to be.

Albert has also made it hard for them. After Winston was released he posted some things on twitter about refusing to move to RT and then deleted his twitter.

It was poor communication on the part of the Chiefs management. They should have simply asked what Albert thought about it. He would have expressed his disapproval and the chiefs could have kept Winston.
EB29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
skrILL wrote:
The Chiefs are trying to be a bit too cute IMO. Like someone else said they're making this OL situation way more complicated than it has to be.

Albert has also made it hard for them. After Winston was released he posted some things on twitter about refusing to move to RT and then deleted his twitter.

It was poor communication on the part of the Chiefs management. They should have simply asked what Albert thought about it. He would have expressed his disapproval and the chiefs could have kept Winston.

That's insane. Albert could be the first ever LT/GM...

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
skrILL wrote:

That's insane. Albert could be the first ever LT/GM...

Putting the team on his back IMO

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Why do the Chiefs have to have him.... I want Albert, don't want to help the Chiefs.... Mad

This is the one time, I wish they played in the NFC because I would have offered a 2nd this year and 4th next year, but there is no chance in hell KC would go for that since we are division rival.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I'd be pretty happy with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for Albert. Mainly because I like both Joeckel and Fisher and think they are both going to be stud LT's. Both give us more years than Albert, more potential, and also a better cap situation for the short term. With the interest in Geno rising we could trade down to say the Eagles, pick up another 2nd rounder, probably another pick for 2014, and go with something like

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt

I'm not sure why I keep seeing this in this thread. Even taking off the fan goggles for a second, this would be an incredibly bad move for the Eagles given their situation this offseason. If that were to happen, the Novacare complex might actually be burned to the ground the next day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
I'd be pretty happy with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for Albert. Mainly because I like both Joeckel and Fisher and think they are both going to be stud LT's. Both give us more years than Albert, more potential, and also a better cap situation for the short term. With the interest in Geno rising we could trade down to say the Eagles, pick up another 2nd rounder, probably another pick for 2014, and go with something like

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt

I'm not sure why I keep seeing this in this thread. Even taking off the fan goggles for a second, this would be an incredibly bad move for the Eagles given their situation this offseason. If that were to happen, the Novacare complex might actually be burned to the ground the next day.

The only reason people think it's possible is because of the reports on how much Chip Kelly likes Geno, combined with the Eagles' need at QB. It's not far fetched at all for a new BC to come into a franchise and do whatever it takes to get "his" QB, especially when that BC is predominately an offensive guy who puts a huge emphasis on the QB position. He'll, the last time the Eagles attended a player's pro day was when McNabb was drafted. If...I repeat...IF the Chiefs can trade down, the most likely trade partner right now is the Eagles.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt

The only reason people think it's possible is because of the reports on how much Chip Kelly likes Geno, combined with the Eagles' need at QB. It's not far fetched at all for a new BC to come into a franchise and do whatever it takes to get "his" QB, especially when that BC is predominately an offensive guy who puts a huge emphasis on the QB position. He'll, the last time the Eagles attended a player's pro day was when McNabb was drafted. If...I repeat...IF the Chiefs can trade down, the most likely trade partner right now is the Eagles.

On the comment of "The last time the Eagles owner went to a player's pro day" I keep seeing -- that's also the last time the Eagles were even in any position to potentially need an early round QB. I wouldn't think it implies they are very high on Geno but rather just confirms the fact that they may indeed be considering an early QB in general.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt

The problem with this logic is multifold:

1. There are no reports on "how much Kelly likes Geno". At all. Chip has not given any indication that he likes him more than any other prospect. The closest quote is him sayinf that "If Geno is the best guy on our board, we'll take him". Which could be said about any prospect.

2. The Eagles' need at QB is as yet undetermined. Even Kelly doesn't know for sure. They may very well need a QB, but they also have 5 on the roster. At this point they are more likely to add one as a later round pick. Frankly, even if they like Geno (possible, but unsubstantiated at this point), there is a far better chance they feel he will drop to 4 than them trading up.

3. The whole Lurie attending a pro day argument is poor at best. The last time he attended a pro day was also the last time they had a top ten pick and the last time they had a brand new coaching staff. It's the media looking for some kind of connection, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:

1. There are no reports on "how much Kelly likes Geno". At all. Chip has not given any indication that he likes him more than any other prospect. The closest quote is him sayinf that "If Geno is the best guy on our board, we'll take him". Which could be said about any prospect.

What would you expect him to say? If he comes out and openly admits he's in love with Geno, it'll kill every bit of leverage the Eagles have in trade talks. That's just part of the poker game.

killdawabbit wrote:
2. The Eagles' need at QB is as yet undetermined. Even Kelly doesn't know for sure. They may very well need a QB, but they also have 5 on the roster. At this point they are more likely to add one as a later round pick. Frankly, even if they like Geno (possible, but unsubstantiated at this point), there is a far better chance they feel he will drop to 4 than them trading up.

If Geno is there at #3 for Oakland, I don't see him falling any further. The Jaguars are said to have a lot of interest in Geno, too. At this point, it seems unlikely he'll fall to #4.

killdawabbit wrote:
3. The whole Lurie attending a pro day argument is poor at best. The last time he attended a pro day was also the last time they had a top ten pick and the last time they had a brand new coaching staff. It's the media looking for some kind of connection, nothing more.

I'll give you this.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert, much like Percy Harvin, just seems like the kind of person you dont want on your team. Having that voice that is above management, its concerning.

Id trade Albert, it almost seems a necessity. If youre andy reid, whats the point of hanging onto a player who has no positional flexibility or willingness to do whats best for the team.

If the Chiefs pay Albert what he wants, why does it matter if he plays LT or RT? Just doesnt make sense.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Albert, much like Percy Harvin, just seems like the kind of person you dont want on your team. Having that voice that is above management, its concerning.

Id trade Albert, it almost seems a necessity. If youre andy reid, whats the point of hanging onto a player who has no positional flexibility or willingness to do whats best for the team.

If the Chiefs pay Albert what he wants, why does it matter if he plays LT or RT? Just doesnt make sense.

Exactly. Your position on the field is not something you personally claim a stake in. There is no such thing as "I earned it." Even if being moved is a blow to your ego, suck it up Buttercup...and do what is best for the team.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

What would you expect him to say? If he comes out and openly admits he's in love with Geno, it'll kill every bit of leverage the Eagles have in trade talks. That's just part of the poker game.

killdawabbit wrote:

If Geno is there at #3 for Oakland, I don't see him falling any further. The Jaguars are said to have a lot of interest in Geno, too. At this point, it seems unlikely he'll fall to #4.

killdawabbit wrote:

I'll give you this.

So the "reports on how much Kelly likes Geno" are simply your speculation, then...

Groovy but, once again, the Eagles "need" for a QB is largely undetermined at this point. Regardless of anyone else's opinion of them, the Eagles are also documented to really like some of the guys on the roster.

If the Eagles trading up is the "most likely scenario", then KC trading down is simply not very likely...at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 6 of 24

Jump to: