Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty simple. He feels he is entitled to the left tackle position; the Chiefs do not. If they felt he was entitled to the position, it would be a foregone conclusion that he was going to be their left tackle this season. At the present, that is not the case.The guys who sign the checks are the ones who decide who earned what.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
It is pretty simple. He feels he is entitled to the left tackle position; the Chiefs do not. If they felt he was entitled to the position, it would be a foregone conclusion that he was going to be their left tackle this season. At the present, that is not the case.The guys who sign the checks are the ones who decide who earned what.

And that's just not true.

The Chiefs very well could feel he is entitled to the position -- but not at the price he's going to ask for. Being entitled to a position he earned is different from a team deciding whether it makes financial sense to keep them there. Albert earned his LT spot and in all actuality, likely earned it to a point where the Chiefs will move on from him for a cheaper option.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315121946100658176

So we are basically trying to get back what we traded for Alex Smith.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315121946100658176

So we are basically trying to get back what we traded for Alex Smith.

Good luck with that...
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty happy with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for Albert. Mainly because I like both Joeckel and Fisher and think they are both going to be stud LT's. Both give us more years than Albert, more potential, and also a better cap situation for the short term. With the interest in Geno rising we could trade down to say the Eagles, pick up another 2nd rounder, probably another pick for 2014, and go with something like

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I'd be pretty happy with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for Albert. Mainly because I like both Joeckel and Fisher and think they are both going to be stud LT's. Both give us more years than Albert, more potential, and also a better cap situation for the short term. With the interest in Geno rising we could trade down to say the Eagles, pick up another 2nd rounder, probably another pick for 2014, and go with something like

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt

You aren't going to get #4, their 2nd rounder and a 2014 pick for #1. Not in this year's draft anyways.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

MLBeast 52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think that a team who finished last in the league would look at trying to fill holes instead of replacing players who are still capable of doing their jobs.
Archimedes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Agreed for the most part. People dismiss the idea any team would want to trade up but the Browns moved up to select a freaking RB last year, and that position is a dime a dozen. The moral of the story is, there's ALWAYS going to be a team willing to deal, especially when every team is hoping to draft the next great qb (except the Chiefs, who sift through other teams back ups to find their franchise qb).
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLBeast 52 wrote:
You'd think that a team who finished last in the league would look at trying to fill holes instead of replacing players who are still capable of doing their jobs.

Teams who finished last need to worry more about long-term viability than signing veterans to large contracts.

Moving Albert is a step in the right direction for them. Unfortunately, they didn't follow that same principle with their QB (minus the big contract).

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a smart move since they seem ready to take one of the top left tackles at number one.

If they could get a 2nd for Albert, then the Alex Smith trade looks a lot better, in my opinion.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
This is a smart move since they seem ready to take one of the top left tackles at number one.

If they could get a 2nd for Albert, then the Alex Smith trade looks a lot better, in my opinion.

I don't see how this would make the Alex Smith trade look any better. Honestly, I think it'd make it look even worse. Think, if they didn't grab him, they could have had #1, #34 and whatever #2 they get from Albert to bring in some cornerstone type guys to help turn their team around. You bring in a guy like Matt Moore as a FA (before he re-signed) as the stopgap, and determine if "your" franchise guy is in this draft or if you should wait a year and re-evaluate.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Joeckel/Fisher
Arthur Brown
Margus Hunt

You aren't going to get #4, their 2nd rounder and a 2014 pick for #1. Not in this year's draft anyways.

I'd probably agree but the more I look into it they seem to have some serious interest in Geno. They'd still be winning the trade draft value wise. And the last time they sent an owner to a players pro day was for McNabb. You also have the Jags who it looks like are becoming more impressed with Geno as well.

At least right now trading down seems to be more likely, which is good.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archimedes wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Agreed for the most part. People dismiss the idea any team would want to trade up but the Browns moved up to select a freaking RB last year, and that position is a dime a dozen. The moral of the story is, there's ALWAYS going to be a team willing to deal, especially when every team is hoping to draft the next great qb (except the Chiefs, who sift through other teams back ups to find their franchise qb).

lol

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:

He's entitled to it because he's earned it with years of good play at LT.

He's not being traded to a team to be a guard or RT either
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the Chiefs have to have him.... I want Albert, don't want to help the Chiefs.... Mad

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 5 of 24

Jump to: