Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were KC I would trade him for a third if that was the best offer they were getting. Albert is a good LT but isn't great and he's going to be gone next offseason. Getting a third round pick for him is better than nothing. Even if they get a comp. pick for him, which isn't a sure thing, it wouldn't be as high as the third-round pick they'd get in a trade and they'd be getting that third-rounder a year sooner.

Smack on the sig.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
My understanding: With Clabo-to-MIA deal, he realizes what became clear last week: He's playing for #Chiefs in 13. Both sides want extension

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/331420589078220800
Tom Brady Tribute
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 pick and franchise tackle playing RT for several years? Hmmm..

Surprised the Cards aren't kicking the tires.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
#1 pick and franchise tackle playing RT for several years? Hmmm...

TD: 0
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id pay Albert what he wants and force him to play OG or RT in 2014. Fisher as a RT in 2013, but eventually, you've got to move him over. If Albert throws a temper tantrum, so be it.
EB29

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Id pay Albert what he wants and force him to play OG or RT in 2014. Fisher as a RT in 2013, but eventually, you've got to move him over. If Albert throws a temper tantrum, so be it.

I like this too. Pay him top OG money and move him there.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Who says Fisher will be better, ever?

Reid doesn't care about labels like "1st overall" as far as I've seen, Fisher's gonna have to work hard to beat out Albert at LT.

That is if Albert even stays.
TD: 0
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Reid doesn't care about labels like "1st overall" as far as I've seen, Fisher's gonna have to work hard to beat out Albert at LT.

Albert will be 29 by season's end, age has to be a consideration at some point, in regards to when/if Fisher moves to LT.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Albert will be 29 by season's end, age has to be a consideration at some point, in regards to when/if Fisher moves to LT.

Pretty much this. If we were to give Albert a 5 year deal we might be able to squeeze bigger base salaries into those first 3 years, than move Fisher over when his salary drops (if Fisher shows promise). Donald Stephenson also has 3 years left, so that gives us time to see how he develops.

LG right now seems to be the weakness right now. In 3 years in Allen hasn't improved we could than slide Fisher to LT, Stephenson to RT, and try Albert at LG.

Only question is fitting in Albert's salaries in 2014 and 2015. If we're risking losing young players like Houston and Asamoah I'm not a fan of the extension(although I do like Albert).

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Fisher as a RT in 2013, but eventually, you've got to move him over.

Why? As long as Albert is playing LT at a high level, there's no need to mess with it.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Pretty much this. If we were to give Albert a 5 year deal we might be able to squeeze bigger base salaries into those first 3 years, than move Fisher over when his salary drops (if Fisher shows promise). Donald Stephenson also has 3 years left, so that gives us time to see how he develops.

LG right now seems to be the weakness right now. In 3 years in Allen hasn't improved we could than slide Fisher to LT, Stephenson to RT, and try Albert at LG.

Only question is fitting in Albert's salaries in 2014 and 2015. If we're risking losing young players like Houston and Asamoah I'm not a fan of the extension(although I do like Albert).

Personally, I can see the decision coming down to keeping Hali beyond 2013 and extending Houston. We need to lock up Houston before he even sniffs free agency or he is going to get even more expensive.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic I couldn't agree more. I really hope we hear something on Berry/Houston before the season starts. I think right now we have very little room to work with "this" season, which is why we're working with BA. Possibly less money this year, more in 2015 when the big jump in salary cap kicks in.

The thing about Hali is, his contract actually goes DOWN something like 9 million dollars next year doesn't it? I feel like you or KC Guy posted that.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic I couldn't agree more. I really hope we hear something on Berry/Houston before the season starts. I think right now we have very little room to work with "this" season, which is why we're working with BA. Possibly less money this year, more in 2015 when the big jump in salary cap kicks in.

The thing about Hali is, his contract actually goes DOWN something like 9 million dollars next year doesn't it? I feel like you or KC Guy posted that.

According to spotrac.com, here is Hali's contract :

Quote:
2013 : base salary $12,250,000; prorated signing bonus $3,000,000; workout bonus $250,000; total cap charge $15,500,000

2014 : base salary $6,250,000; prorated signing bonus $3,000,000; roster bonus $2,000,000; workout bonus $250,000; total cap charge $11,500,000

2015 : base salary $6,750,000; prorated signing bonus $3,000,000; roster bonus $2,000,000; workout bonus $250,000; total cap charge $12,000,000

If this information is correct, releasing Hali in the remainder of his contract years would result in the following cap hit savings :

2013 : cap savings $3,500,000; dead money $9,000,000 (escalated signing bonus)
2014 : cap savings $2,500,000; dead money $6,000,000 (escalated signing bonus)
2015 : cap savings $6,000,000; dead money $3,000,000 (escalated signing bonus)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: