Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Chiefs and OT Branden Albert are working on extension Reply with quote

"e]There may also be room for another left tackle to hit the market. The Chiefs franchised Branden Albert rather than let any other teams get a shot at signing him, but that doesnít mean they arenít willing to entertain offers to take him off their hands. Peter King of SI.com reports that the Chiefs will listen to any trade proposals made by others.[/quote]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/report-chiefs-will-listen-to-branden-albert-trade-offers/

***Update***
Quote:
Chiefs OT Branden Albert has accepted his franchise tender. Will sign it soon. $9.828 million for this season. Smart move.

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/313699583039516672

***Update***
Quote:
Updating from owners meetings, I think the Dolphins could offer a No. 2 pick to KC to land LT Branden Albert. They have 2 No. 2s

https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/313770765570949120

***Update***
Quote:
The Chiefs are "actively" shopping Albert

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2013/03/21/chiefs-tackle-branden-albert-admits-hes-selfish/2004395/

***Update***
Quote:
Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/315121946100658176

***Update***
Quote:
Miami has considered a trade for Kansas City tackle Branden Albert.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/03/dolphins-summon-draft-prospects-for-visits-lots-of-fins-heat-canes-marlins-chatter.html

***Update***
Quote:
Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/chiefs-willing-to-trade-branden-albert-for-a-high-second-round-pick/

***Update***
Quote:
Chiefs have given Dolphins permission to talk to OT Branden Albert to help facilitate a trade for a 2nd-rd pick, per John Clayton.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/324946387802390528"

***Update***
Quote:
My understanding: With Clabo-to-MIA deal, he realizes what became clear last week: He's playing for #Chiefs in 13. Both sides want extension

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/331420589078220800
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon May 06, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 8 times in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is going to give up what will likely be at least 2nd round value for Albert, especially since he is only franchised.

I wouldnt mind getting him on the Steelers, but I wouldnt give up that much even if we had the money to absorb that hit.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation: We're taking a LT #1 overall and Albert is going to be a pain if we ask him to move to RT. So anyone want to take him off of our hands?

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
No one is going to give up what will likely be at least 2nd round value for Albert, especially since he is only franchised.

I wouldnt mind getting him on the Steelers, but I wouldnt give up that much even if we had the money to absorb that hit.

I assume that any trade would include him signing a new deal with his new team, so if the Steelers do trade for him it would probably be a multi-year deal with a much lighter cap hit this season.

Nacho Simulation Football League
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Translation: We're taking a LT #1 overall and Albert is going to be a pain if we ask him to move to RT. So anyone want to take him off of our hands?

Bingo. Although I don't think our team is set on taking a LT 1st overall just yet. I do think they want to trade down I just doubt they'll get any decent offers. Ideally I'd love for the Eagles to fall in love with Geno Smith, give us a 2nd rounder to jump above the Jags and take him, and then we draft Fisher or Joeckel and trade Albert for another 2nd rounder.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Then why in the world would they cut Winston? I assumed Winston would be cut so they could go OT in Round 1. Also I think the rookie, whether its Joeckel or Fisher, would end up playing RT their rookie season with Albert at LT until he leaves next offseason.

simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Then why in the world would they cut Winston? I assumed Winston would be cut so they could go OT in Round 1. Also I think the rookie, whether its Joeckel or Fisher, would end up playing RT their rookie season with Albert at LT until he leaves next offseason.

That's the problem. We'd rather receive compensation than use him for a 1 year rental. If you draft a LT 1st overall you'd rather start him at LT from day 1 than force him to learn how to play RT first. We have Donald Stephenson or Geoff Schwartz and they could have a battle in TC for the RT spot and both are decent options.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Bushrod to Chicago and Long to StL, I don't foresee a team that's going to want to give up any significant pick for Albert on top of giving him a big contract.

I'd guess that he stays in KC.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this ends my Ziggy/Jordan/Star hopes.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
I guess this ends my Ziggy/Jordan/Star hopes.

This shouldn't. I really would like to see what the team thinks about Donald Stephenson and whether they really like his projection to LT. The more I think about it, the more I am starting to feel that if the team can't extend Albert long term for a reasonable amount that they might keep Albert for 2013 and put Stephenson at RT. Schwartz has experience at RT so he could compete with Stephenson.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

That's the problem. We'd rather receive compensation than use him for a 1 year rental. If you draft a LT 1st overall you'd rather start him at LT from day 1 than force him to learn how to play RT first. We have Donald Stephenson or Geoff Schwartz and they could have a battle in TC for the RT spot and both are decent options.

I still don't get why they cut Winston, then.

simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I still don't get why they cut Winston, then.

My guess is cap space. Although I don't know how much cap space it saved us.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Bingo. Although I don't think our team is set on taking a LT 1st overall just yet. I do think they want to trade down I just doubt they'll get any decent offers. Ideally I'd love for the Eagles to fall in love with Geno Smith, give us a 2nd rounder to jump above the Jags and take him, and then we draft Fisher or Joeckel and trade Albert for another 2nd rounder.

The Chiefs are taking an OT first overall. They already dumped Winston and are now looking to trade their other starting OT. I'd be hard pressed to believe that they won't go OT now that they have no one to protect Alex Smith.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First overall pick? Shop one of our best offensive players to make a lateral move!
Archimedes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking Joekel at 1 overall would have to be one of the more uninspiring uses of a number 1 pick that I can remember in recent history.

My hope would be that the Chiefs could trade out of 1 to 2, 3, or 4 and get back that 2nd rounder, and use the money they save on Albert to add one more piece in FA (Osi, Elvis, or Lloyd). But these are the Chiefs, so I won't be holding my breath.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: