Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Branden Albert - the trade scenario heating up? -Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Maybe we could trade Albert to the Eagles while moving down to their pick

We better be getting their 2014 1st in return, along with probably a 3rd-4th this year.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shefter claims that we want a 2nd this year and a pick next year.

Basiclly we would be trading Albert for Alex Smith.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:

And knowing his back issues being a potential chronic thing, and that he's potentially wanting too much money, that "trade" would seem a lot better. Hindsight in about 2-3 years will be critical.

^ryknowssd on the sig
omar72587

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this could be KC's Smoke screen for Branden Albert. If teams want to bite and offer a 2 or more then so be it. If there are not any byers then they can go to Albert and say to him that he is not worth what he thinks and throw in there that teams were not even wanting to part ways with a 2 for you. This could then bring Albert to the mind set that he should take what he can get and sign whatever we get.

I see it as a win win for KC, Although it sucks because I think Albert is definitely worth Having around.
EB29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:

I dont see that as being a realistic option for any team. Seems like the price is way to steep considering he will need a nice fat contract as well.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
bpinsky33 wrote:

And knowing his back issues being a potential chronic thing, and that he's potentially wanting too much money, that "trade" would seem a lot better. Hindsight in about 2-3 years will be critical.

But wouldn't the potential issues you mentioned as being possible factors against the Chiefs extending Albert long term be the same issues another team would be looking at AND giving up picks as well? If Dorsey would have played hardball with the 49ers we wouldn't be sacrificing a player to try and get the picks back.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So we give up Albert, AND move back? I'm with Bigs, we'd need at least their first next year and something this year. Otherwise we're losing HUGE on that deal.

Nic, I'll say again, we don't know what went on, and I don't know that he didn't play some hard ball. But I think we've discussed it enough to say we have two different points.

If we hadn't made the trade we'd be talking about who as our starter right now? Cassel? Kolb? Moore? I'm ok with Smith out of that group. Or we'd be the ones needing Geno, and needing him to pan out right away.

The other thing to consider in this whole deal is Albert may want to go somewhere else, and may have told the FO that. It's not unheard of is it?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

So we give up Albert, AND move back? I'm with Bigs, we'd need at least their first next year and something this year. Otherwise we're losing HUGE on that deal.

Nic, I'll say again, we don't know what went on, and I don't know that he didn't play some hard ball. But I think we've discussed it enough to say we have two different points.

If we hadn't made the trade we'd be talking about who as our starter right now? Cassel? Kolb? Moore? I'm ok with Smith out of that group. Or we'd be the ones needing Geno, and needing him to pan out right away.

The other thing to consider in this whole deal is Albert may want to go somewhere else, and may have told the FO that. It's not unheard of is it?

DT, are you saying you think Albert has told the front office he doesn't want to play for the Chiefs? IMO he very well could want a big contract that pays him more than the Chiefs want to pay. All I am saying is if the Chiefs are concerned about his back and/or a big contract demand, won't another team have those same issues to work through AND pay the trade compensation? A second AND a 2014 pick seems aggressive, that is all I am saying. I would be shocked if another team trades for Albert and gives him a $30+ million contract while giving up two picks.

Diesel2692

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert has already stated he wants to sign long term and stay in kc for what it's worth. Apparently his problem/worry is we draft a tackle #1 overall then whether its this year or next want him to play RT "lowering his value".
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, I was just referring to your statement about hard-ball for Smith being linked to WHY we're shopping Albert. Nothing more, I think this is exactly what we'd have been doing regardless of if we got Smith, though instead we might be seeing which teams we could ship Albert to for a young QB.

The thing I find interesting is it's reported all over that we're still working on a deal, just makes you wonder 1. How hard that deal is being worked on, or 2. If we aren't perfectly content keeping Albert, and that is why we feel we can ask so much.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insider reporting the Saints could make a call about Albert. They pick smack in the middle of the round. Not as great as a high round pick, but if you think about a possible trade back to say 4, adding the Eagles second rounder.

That would give us some very good picks in the second round.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Insider reporting the Saints could make a call about Albert. They pick smack in the middle of the round. Not as great as a high round pick, but if you think about a possible trade back to say 4, adding the Eagles second rounder.

I just don't want to get "forced" into selecting Joeckel or Fisher because we jettison Albert.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

Do the Saints have a second round pick?

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit has a high second round (#36) pick so they might not be willing to trade a second for Albert. I think a more intriguing option could be the Dolphins. Obviously the loss of Jake Long stings and they might not feel that Jonathan Martin is necessarily someone they feel comfortable in that position, plus they have two second round picks. If we are sitting there at #7 (see the Geno Smith value thread) and we have already gotten picks from the Eagles and Cardinals and Eric Fisher is sitting there at #7, I would probably look to trade Albert to the Dolphins for one of their second round picks. I would start with their higher second round pick (#42) and "settle" for their lower second round pick (#54) if they balked at giving up #42.

We would have gotten Fisher and have quite a few other picks to address key positions in rounds 2 and 3.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, you're right they don't. That is what I get for listening to ESPN. I have to think if they'd offer their third, we'd stay put and keep Albert. Unless they tacked on a pretty high pick in 2014.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: