Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Branden Albert - the trade scenario heating up? -Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Branden Albert - the trade scenario heating up? -Specula Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Chiefs are willing to listen to Branden Albert trade proposals.

Peter King thinks that is exactly what is happening. Though he doesn't think it makes much sense.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/18/4118674/nfl-rumors-chiefs-listen-branden-albert-trade-offers

The problem with Peter King is that he tries to be a beat writer for all 32 NFL teams. It makes for some good reporting, although his analysis is far, far lacking. He thought the drafting of Baldwin meant Bowe was a goner for sure.

To be fair, if Pioli was still here, that probably would have been the case as of this year.

I'd be OK with Albert leaving if it meant essentially replacing the picks given up for Smith.

I think OT at #1 has been a 90% probability since the Smith trade anyway, so like I think someone else has said, drafting a LT at #1 is better than a RT at #1.

I was thinking the same thing. I have to believe Bowe would have more than likely hit the market if Pioli was still GM.

Very true, Pioli has said he would have paid Bowe Top 10 money, but not Top 5.

Which he kind of has a point, but idiotic at the same time. You don't let one of your only proven players on Offense go for that small of a difference.

On the subject of Albert, am I one of the few that think maybe the FO likes what they saw out of Stephenson at LT to roll with him.

Freeing up the money from Albert would most likely allow us to sign Vollmer to a mostly Incentive 1 year, prove it, deal and still allow us room to sign our draft picks.

Say we trade Albert for a 2nd and 4th, than we Sign Vollmer for 4-5 Mill(2-3 of that being based of Playing Time and Injury).

We can than Draft a Young Pup in the 2-4th round to play our swing tackle and come in if Vollmer were to get hurt.

LT: Stephenson
RT: Vollmer
3rd OT: Young Pup (Armstead, Faulk, etc)

IDK maybe it's just my blindness of wanting to go D early Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Branden Albert - the trade scenario heating up? -Specula Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Chiefs are willing to listen to Branden Albert trade proposals.

Peter King thinks that is exactly what is happening. Though he doesn't think it makes much sense.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/18/4118674/nfl-rumors-chiefs-listen-branden-albert-trade-offers

The problem with Peter King is that he tries to be a beat writer for all 32 NFL teams. It makes for some good reporting, although his analysis is far, far lacking. He thought the drafting of Baldwin meant Bowe was a goner for sure.

To be fair, if Pioli was still here, that probably would have been the case as of this year.

I'd be OK with Albert leaving if it meant essentially replacing the picks given up for Smith.

I think OT at #1 has been a 90% probability since the Smith trade anyway, so like I think someone else has said, drafting a LT at #1 is better than a RT at #1.

I was thinking the same thing. I have to believe Bowe would have more than likely hit the market if Pioli was still GM.

Very true, Pioli has said he would have paid Bowe Top 10 money, but not Top 5.

Which he kind of has a point, but idiotic at the same time. You don't let one of your only proven players on Offense go for that small of a difference.

On the subject of Albert, am I one of the few that think maybe the FO likes what they saw out of Stephenson at LT to roll with him.

Freeing up the money from Albert would most likely allow us to sign Vollmer to a mostly Incentive 1 year, prove it, deal and still allow us room to sign our draft picks.

Say we trade Albert for a 2nd and 4th, than we Sign Vollmer for 4-5 Mill(2-3 of that being based of Playing Time and Injury).

We can than Draft a Young Pup in the 2-4th round to play our swing tackle and come in if Vollmer were to get hurt.

LT: Stephenson
RT: Vollmer
3rd OT: Young Pup (Armstead, Faulk, etc)

IDK maybe it's just my blindness of wanting to go D early Laughing

Sammy, on your comment about Stephenson, no you are definitely not the only one. That is what you could call my dream scenario because it would mean we already have our answer on the roster and don't have to go external (draft) to find a direct replacement for Albert if/when we create the void. I would absolutely love for Stephenson to be able to hold down the starting left tackle spot which would allow us to look in other areas as far as the draft goes with the exception of maybe picking up a developmental swing tackle (ex. Chris Faulk) in the middle rounds or more of a projectable right tackle developmental prospect (ex. Brennan Williams). Haha I didn't read your last part before making the comment above - looks like we think alike!

Anyway, I would love to see Stephenson get a real shot at starting. My only concern is at right tackle because IF we have Stephenson starting at left tackle and Allen returns as a starter at left guard, we don't have much experience on the left side. I almost like the idea better of having Schwartz play left guard. He doesn't have a ton of experience, but could give us semblence of experience on the left. That would create a void at right tackle IMO though because as of right now I see Schwartz as the best option at right tackle (in this scenario Albert is gone and Stephenson is on the left side). I will say, I would be nervous about Vollmer because of his back issues. I wouldn't mind Andre Smith provided the contract is very reasonable (maybe we could get him on a 2 or 3 year deal which would allow him to hit free agency again when the tv deal goes through).

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other RT depth players to consider would be Winston Justice (Reid had him for years) and Ryan Harris (good ZBS fit). Neither are the healthiest players to rely upon, but if we wanted to go the rookie RT route, they'd be good depth/insurance.

Sign someone like Justice to a pretty much vet minimum deal, and draft someone like David Quessenberry in the 4th.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Miami could be signing Eric Winston. That would probably mean that the Dolphins go with Martin at LT and Winston at RT. If this goes down, I would say Detroit is likely our best shot IF we are figuring on trying to trade Albert.

Mongo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
It looks like Miami could be signing Eric Winston. That would probably mean that the Dolphins go with Martin at LT and Winston at RT. If this goes down, I would say Detroit is likely our best shot IF we are figuring on trying to trade Albert.

Amari Spievey might be a nice throw-in to such a deal. DET retained Lou Delmas and added Glover Quin. Spievey might be expendable. I know Spievey’s play had dropped and he’s had some concussion issues. He would add some quality depth at safety. Who’s Eric Berry’s backup as of now?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Amari Spievey might be a nice throw-in to such a deal. DET retained Lou Delmas and added Glover Quin. Spievey might be expendable. I know Spievey’s play had dropped and he’s had some concussion issues. He would add some quality depth at safety. Who’s Eric Berry’s backup as of now?

Hopefully Kendrick Lewis before too long.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/21/4131824/branden-albert-signs-franchise-tender-kansas-city-chiefs
Quote:
Adam Teicher Twitter wrote:
#Chiefs make the announcement that LT Branden Albert has signed his one-year contract

So what else does this mean?

More:Trade Branden Albert? Chiefs will listen
1. Branden Albert will be at the Chiefs offseason program. ... Unless...

2. Branden Albert can now be traded. You can't trade a player who doesn't have a contract and until Albert signed that tender he wasn't under contract.

If a trade was in the works, usually the player signing his tender is followed in rather short order by the trade going through. Stay tuned.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
If a trade was in the works, usually the player signing his tender is followed in rather short order by the trade going through. Stay tuned.

This might be different. The Chiefs' R1 selection is tied to Albert's status. They may not want to tip their hand to influence his or the R1 pick's trade value.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all I read the Chiefs are actively shopping Albert - most likely for a 2nd round pick. That seems low for a player of his caliber, but:

Arrow His new team would have to spend big. Something the Chiefs are obviously not willing (or able) to do.
Arrow There's no guarantee he'll sign a long term contract with his new team. Risking to pay 10 M$ and a 2nd rounder for a one-year stint is quite a risk to take.
Arrow There are (at least) three good OT (Joeckel, Fischer, Johnson) available in the draft - cheaper, most likely safe picks - which takes a whole bunch of teams off the buyer list.

I guess it will take a while - but we'll have an answer before the draft. Right now I'd say the chance to see Albert again in red & gold is less than 50%.
odendin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
From all I read the Chiefs are actively shopping Albert - most likely for a 2nd round pick. That seems low for a player of his caliber, but:

Arrow His new team would have to spend big. Something the Chiefs are obviously not willing (or able) to do.
Arrow There's no guarantee he'll sign a long term contract with his new team. Risking to pay 10 M$ and a 2nd rounder for a one-year stint is quite a risk to take.
Arrow There are (at least) three good OT (Joeckel, Fischer, Johnson) available in the draft - cheaper, most likely safe picks - which takes a whole bunch of teams off the buyer list.

I guess it will take a while - but we'll have an answer before the draft. Right now I'd say the chance to see Albert again in red & gold is less than 50%.

It might be a draft-time trade, too. Someone a team didn't expect will fall onto their laps.

We may or may not have drafted LT with 1 (we're showing a lot of interest in Ansah, Dion, Jarvis). I'm assuming the brass thinking we'll trade out of 1 because of Geno but you can never tell.

I'm super psyched and prefer that we have Stephenson to play RT. I think he can play LT but I think he's perfect for RT.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:

Based on your 3 points, it would seem much higher than 50 % we'll see him again.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
marnz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

Based on your 3 points, it would seem much higher than 50 % we'll see him again.

eagles may take him so they can go BPA

miami is out of reach of top 3 and might take him

lions also a possibility with backus retiring

and the cards o line is in shambles as well
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the fact that we are even shopping a young still ascending LT who actually wants to stay here and sign long term with us screams more to the fact that we know we are stuck with that #1 overall pick and will be forced to go BPA with a LT.
marnz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
To me the fact that we are even shopping a young still ascending LT who actually wants to stay here and sign long term with us screams more to the fact that we know we are stuck with that #1 overall pick and will be forced to go BPA with a LT.

i was thinking that they are too far apart in negotiations and the chiefs want to get something while they still can and he hits FA next year
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could trade Albert to the Eagles while moving down to their pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: