Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Branden Albert - the trade scenario heating up? -Speculation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Branden Albert - the trade scenario heating up? -Speculation Reply with quote

Chiefs are willing to listen to Branden Albert trade proposals.

Peter King thinks that is exactly what is happening. Though he doesn't think it makes much sense.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/18/4118674/nfl-rumors-chiefs-listen-branden-albert-trade-offers
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't like trading him for two reasons.
1. I think BA is a good player and still improving
2. I think this would totally rule out a trade down and force us to go LT with first pick instead of possibly garnering more picks.

Now if they feel no way he will sign long term with us or if the back is a major concern then I guess trade him now rather then get nothing for him next year but I sure hope that's not the case.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
2. I think this would totally rule out a trade down and force us to go LT with first pick instead of possibly garnering more picks.

Now if they feel no way he will sign long term with us or if the back is a major concern then I guess trade him now rather then get nothing for him next year but I sure hope that's not the case.

I don't agree there. I guess we just would only be able to trade down 4-5 spots which is likely only as far as we were going to trade down anyways. Not sure a team past that will give us any decent offer.
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:

I don't think trade down is ruled out. We could trade down to 4 and probably still get one of the top 2 tackles or a little further like 7-9 range and maybe grab Johnson.

Edit: beaten by a minute Laughing

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. We just wouldn't be able to slide far and so not get much in compensation.
lonnie_kc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to do something with him his tag cost 9.8 mil and makes the chiefs right at 120mil. I can maybe see 2 teams who trade for himm Miami or SanDiego. Wouldnt want to trade to someone in our division.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though they're no particular mention of it in the CBA, trading Franchise Tagged players is clearly frowned upon. If it was permitted or condoned, no change Titans don't Tag Jared Cook.
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonnie_kc wrote:
Need to do something with him his tag cost 9.8 mil and makes the chiefs right at 120mil. I can maybe see 2 teams who trade for himm Miami or SanDiego. Wouldnt want to trade to someone in our division.

I could see Det for their 2nd too. Or philly possibly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed feelings. I don't like the idea of starting a new LT to protect your new QB. So I guess it just depends on whether BA's mind is right VS being disgruntled? It would be nice to get a high draft pick via trade.. but I'd rather him stick around, if he's committed... and he should be (to get that next big payday in 2014).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Mixed feelings. I don't like the idea of starting a new LT to protect your new QB. So I guess it just depends on whether BA's mind is right VS being disgruntled? It would be nice to get a high draft pick via trade.. but I'd rather him stick around, if he's committed... and he should be (to get that next big payday in 2014).

IMO it has more to do with the state of his back in relation to his asking price. He can't expect top money if his back is in question, and we shouldn't be opposed to paying him if his back is fine.

I think the reason we ended up franchising was not so much that we wanted to trade him, but rather we were being cautious in committing to him until they can see how the back thing pans out.

Now since that point, Albert has not signed, and there's a chance he could be talking hold out or other general displeasure with his situation. If that's the case, then getting shopped a little shouldn't be a surprise to him, us, or the NFLPA. It's also about the only reason we should be really interested in trading him. Read, we should only look to trade him for good value, which IMO is a 2nd this year, and conditional 2014 between a 3rd-6th depending on playing time.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's supposed to sign fra tender soon
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
He's supposed to sign fra tender soon

So he can be traded? Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/18/4119598/branden-albert-will-sign-chiefs-franchise-tender-soon-according-to

Quote:
Just a few hours after Peter King of SI.com reported that the Kansas City Chiefs would listen to trade offers for left tackle Branden Albert, it's being reported that Albert soon plans to sign his franchise tender, which will pay him approximately $9.8 million in 2013.

@MikeGarafolo

Chiefs OT Branden Albert has accepted his franchise tender. Will sign it soon. $9.828 million for this season. Smart move.

Garafolo has been the reporter of choice for Albert news so I trust that this is accurate.

^ryknowssd on the sig
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Was about to post that. Whether this means he'll stay or be be traded we'll soon find out.[/i]

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:19/Sacks:6/FF:1/FR:0
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citing chatter at the NFL Owners Meetings, ESPN's John Clayton believes the Dolphins could acquire franchise player LT Branden Albert from the Chiefs in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

Albert signed his one-year, $9.828 million tender on Monday and is available for trade. Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland has a need at left tackle and two second-round picks: Nos. 42 and 54. Trading for Albert would likely also require Miami signing him to a long-term extension. The Dolphins have structured their free-agent contracts in a backloaded manner and still have $15 million in cap room.

Source: John Clayton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: