Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you think of DuJuan Harris?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

justo
da gawd
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
is an idiot
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

justo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: What do you think of DuJuan Harris? Reply with quote

There's been plenty of talk this year about Steven Jackson, Peyton Hillis, and Ahmad Bradshaw, but what do we think of Harris?

Before the Packers:
Harris played at Troy where he was the co-starting RB alongside 2013 draft eligible back Shawn Southward, his senior year. He wasn't invited to the combine, but his 1.44 10 yard split would have ranked first, his 38.5 vertical would have ranked third, and his 27 reps on the bench would also have ranked third for running backs in Indianapolis. He played in Jacksonville his rookie year. He was mostly on the practice squad, but when Mel Tucker took over he moved up to active roster. He played the next five games, mostly returning kicks (14 for 308). I hope we see him return some kicks in the preseason. After three preseason games in 2012 he was cut, then signed by the Steelers for a game, and then cut again.
Troy
Jaguars

Random things I learned in interviews:
I don't think he's going to stick around Green Bay much longer, if he has the choice. Dude complains about the cold every chance he can Laughing As a DB in HS he covered Sam Shields. His favorite running back of all time is Barry Sanders. He is shorter than MJD. (He actually was barely 5'7" coming out of college. His 5'9" listing is way off.)

With the Packers:
DETROIT
Alex Green 13 69 (1 -3)
DuJuan Harris 7 31 1 TD
Ryan Grant 1 13
John Kuhn 1 -5

CHICAGO
Alex Green 13 35 (2 6)
Ryan Grant 8 25
DuJuan Harris 5 27
John Kuhn 2 5

TENNESSEE
Ryan Grant 20 80 2 TD (1 34)
DuJuan Harris 8 29 1 TD
John Kuhn (1 9)

MINNESOTA
DuJuan Harris 14 70 (2 17)
Ryan Grant 2 2

Harris really didn't get looks as a starting running back until the last game of the year. Prior to this, he was getting touches almost exclusively in obvious run situations. Kuhn/Green/Harris were constantly being rotated depending on if the play was 1st or 3rd down. Even though he wasn't really the starter, Harris did get in the first snaps of the Detroit and Tennessee games. Overall, he's a runner that's got compact strength; he takes a lot of small, fast steps, which helps him change direction quickly; and he runs as aggressive as Lynch. Honestly, as a runner the only thing you worry about is his size and how many hits he's going to be able to take on his frame. My beef with him is going to be more so in the passing game. He's flat out not getting reps blocking, which pretty much tells you what the coaching staff is thinking.

Plays that stood out:

DuJuan running aggressively for Jacksonville towards the end of 2011. He ran through a perfect tackle for five more yards.

DuJuan takes a pitch to the right, completely turns direction to the left for a big gain.

DuJuan totally slips, gets up, and runs for seven/eight more yards before the defense catches him.

DuJuan shifting his way to a TD vs Tennessee.

DuJuan Harris actually lining up as a WR.

I don't think he's a full time back, because I just don't know what to do with him on third downs, but Harris could be a really good compliment/#2. Seems a lot like Jacquizz Rodgers in Atlanta. A compact, shifty guy. Rodgers is a bigger receiving threat, though, IMO. I wonder if Harris gets reps at KR or PR next year. What do you guys think?
persiandud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good running back, but his role should be that of a change of pace back. I like the kid, I was at the divisional game in SF and when he ran in that TD I lost my **** Laughing
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He saw one or two blocks, which tells me he has been getting reps at blocking in practice, and he has decent enough hands. His size is what prevents me from seeing him as a full time back. That vision though... Definitely found our COP. Harris isn't the only one complaining about the cold, so it doesn't worry me much. My comp was Hunter.
McThreadski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him down as the best back on the roster at the moment. He's obviously a bit small, but I think he's quick enough to make that a wash when he's running or catching out of the backfield. Not sure if he could be a bell cow type back, but at this point, nobody else we have has proven to be either.

Of course, like most fans, I root for the underdog and I am pulling for Harris. Very Happy
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris and Green are both decent 2nd and 3rd string RB's. Harris was a very nice find but he isn't the answer the long standing lack of a feature RB in Green Bay. It's time to find that guy.
Toga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly like to see him as a full-time starter. It's not always a safe assumption to say that just because a guy is small, he can't get a lot of touches. It's impossible to judge a player's durability without testing it. I love his skillset in this offense. Truth be told, I'd rather have Harris over a 30-year-old Steven Jackson, especially for the price.
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a small slippery back who can hurt you in the underneath passing game. Ideally a 3rd back on the depth chart. He'll squeeze what he can out of his carries but lacks the physical attributes to be a full time threat at RB. Way too small to punish defenders or even grind out long drives, doesn't have the long speed to house it either, but has some good wiggle to get yards others on the roster wouldn't. Solid player, not a dynamic one.

I want him on the team, I don't want him as the sole starter. Really need to upgrade this position because it is just sad overall.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Harris and Green are both decent 2nd and 3rd string RB's. Harris was a very nice find but he isn't the answer the long standing lack of a feature RB in Green Bay. It's time to find that guy.

I like Harris better than Green but you are right, they are both good 2nd/3rd stringers. Let's hope TT finds that guy next month.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think of DuJuan Harris? Reply with quote

justo wrote:
There's been plenty of talk this year about Steven Jackson, Peyton Hillis, and Ahmad Bradshaw, but what do we think of Harris?

Before the Packers:
Harris played at Troy where he was the co-starting RB alongside 2013 draft eligible back Shawn Southward, his senior year. He wasn't invited to the combine, but his 1.44 10 yard split would have ranked first, his 38.5 vertical would have ranked third, and his 27 reps on the bench would also have ranked third for running backs in Indianapolis. He played in Jacksonville his rookie year. He was mostly on the practice squad, but when Mel Tucker took over he moved up to active roster. He played the next five games, mostly returning kicks (14 for 308). I hope we see him return some kicks in the preseason. After three preseason games in 2012 he was cut, then signed by the Steelers for a game, and then cut again.
Troy
Jaguars

Random things I learned in interviews:
I don't think he's going to stick around Green Bay much longer, if he has the choice. Dude complains about the cold every chance he can Laughing As a DB in HS he covered Sam Shields. His favorite running back of all time is Barry Sanders. He is shorter than MJD. (He actually was barely 5'7" coming out of college. His 5'9" listing is way off.)

With the Packers:
DETROIT
Alex Green 13 69 (1 -3)
DuJuan Harris 7 31 1 TD
Ryan Grant 1 13
John Kuhn 1 -5

CHICAGO
Alex Green 13 35 (2 6)
Ryan Grant 8 25
DuJuan Harris 5 27
John Kuhn 2 5

TENNESSEE
Ryan Grant 20 80 2 TD (1 34)
DuJuan Harris 8 29 1 TD
John Kuhn (1 9)

MINNESOTA
DuJuan Harris 14 70 (2 17)
Ryan Grant 2 2

Harris really didn't get looks as a starting running back until the last game of the year. Prior to this, he was getting touches almost exclusively in obvious run situations. Kuhn/Green/Harris were constantly being rotated depending on if the play was 1st or 3rd down. Even though he wasn't really the starter, Harris did get in the first snaps of the Detroit and Tennessee games. Overall, he's a runner that's got compact strength; he takes a lot of small, fast steps, which helps him change direction quickly; and he runs as aggressive as Lynch. Honestly, as a runner the only thing you worry about is his size and how many hits he's going to be able to take on his frame. My beef with him is going to be more so in the passing game. He's flat out not getting reps blocking, which pretty much tells you what the coaching staff is thinking.

Plays that stood out:

DuJuan running aggressively for Jacksonville towards the end of 2011. He ran through a perfect tackle for five more yards.

DuJuan takes a pitch to the right, completely turns direction to the left for a big gain.

DuJuan totally slips, gets up, and runs for seven/eight more yards before the defense catches him.

DuJuan shifting his way to a TD vs Tennessee.

DuJuan Harris actually lining up as a WR.

I don't think he's a full time back, because I just don't know what to do with him on third downs, but Harris could be a really good compliment/#2. Seems a lot like Jacquizz Rodgers in Atlanta. A compact, shifty guy. Rodgers is a bigger receiving threat, though, IMO. I wonder if Harris gets reps at KR or PR next year. What do you guys think?

That's a unbelievable scouting report u done...are u sure your not a scout for gb? Lol...woodson didn't like GB eitger but it grew on him. Winning will change Harris mind about tge weather..I like him he's git potential haven't seen much out of him to say for sure. He seems reliable and fast I like him more then any back gb has right now but that's not saying much scence gb is not very talented in that position
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like him, but like most people here I see him as a #2. He has good vision, runs with good pad level and runs hard. If we can get a Ahmad Bradshaw or Montee Ball to split carries with him, I think we will be just fine for years to come.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with putting Harris in the RB1 role. If he can hold up to the beating (he's short, not small) and improve some as pass pro, I can see him as an every down back.

To be honest, I like him more than all but a handful of the backs in the draft (which is not to say we shouldn't draft one of them, but I wouldn't put them ahead of Harris.)
RCobb18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is a perfect COP back that can start on occasion, that being said I don't think he will have a shot at the starting job. The guy is small and would not be able to carry a full work load IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
(he's short, not small)

That's just it right there. He moves the pile forward and rarely gets knocked back. Plus, he's quick enough to make people miss. He's built almost exactly like Barry Sanders and nobody complained about his size when it came to being a full time back. Not saying Harris=Sanders, but it certainly isn't because Barry was bigger as a player.

Edit: How do you use the bold feature on this site?
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like him a lot. Right now should be getting a bulk of the carries with what we have. Hopefully we bring in another guy and, as most have said by now, allow him to be the change of pace back. A role he would and should thrive in...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's awesome. That's what I think of him. Watching him gash Detroit on that where it was 8 or 9 runs was my favorite of the year.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: